[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones impressing the Jets

Randall

RB T. Jones Impressing New Teammates

Dennis Waszak Jr., Yahoo Sports -

New Jets RB Thomas Jones has made quite an impression in the weight room this offseason. "He works extremely hard," QB Chad Pennington said. "He's never the first guy out. He's always staying in there, doing a little extra. He's a true professional." HC Eric Mangini also noted that "Every time I go down to the weight room, he's there, you can tell there's real progress in terms of his muscle mass. His work ethic on the field has been equally impressive."

CuMar part II. I've always like TJ, I think he'll do really well in that offense and will make a lot of fantasy owners who got him in the late 2nd or early 3rd round very happy.

+1, except for the always liking TJ part. He pissed away a few years of his career getting his sh!t together. Now that he has, he has the look of a legit late #1/early #2 FF RB.

+1, except for the always liking TJ part. He pissed away a few years of his career getting his sh!t together. Now that he has, he has the look of a legit late #1/early #2 FF RB.

To be fair, he started off on a horrible Cardinals team. That said, wasn't he the one who allegedly broke his hand while hanging up the phone or something?

I don't know what happened to him when he joined the Bears (perhaps better diet and training), but he sure did mature and shake off the nagging injuries. The guy has a lot of talent and it's nice to see him finally maximize it.

Someone said he would do well this yr. Top 8 in fact. I cant remember who. :D

I've liked him for quite some time now and if they incorporate him into the passing game, I'll have no problem with slotting him inside my top 10...

I've liked him for quite some time now and if they incorporate him into the passing game, I'll have no problem with slotting him inside my top 10...

IIRC, he was the Bears' leading receiver back in '04. He definitely has the skills to haul in 50+ receptions per year.

IIRC, he was the Bears' leading receiver back in '04. He definitely has the skills to haul in 50+ receptions per year.

Yup, 56 catches in '04. Of course, the Bears had thrown out guys like Craig Krenzel, Chad Hutchinson and Jonathan Quinn at QB and they had studs like Bobby Wade and David Terrell to throw to. Makes sense as to why TJ got so many looks in the passing game.

yuup...that's why I drafted him in 04....he was more than fine until Grossman got hurt :D:D

as insane as it sounds...it's true...

It seems like all an NFL player has to do is stay in the weight room to impress his team and coaches...

Considering that strength and conditioning are important........ I would say that it might impress a coach or 2 if you are found in the weight room rather than the night clubs or the dog fights! :D

Considering that strength and conditioning are important........ I would say that it might impress a coach or 2 if you are found in the weight room rather than the night clubs or the dog fights! :D

Some people need strength when they lack speed.

To be fair, he started off on a horrible Cardinals team. That said, wasn't he the one who allegedly broke his hand while hanging up the phone or something?

I don't know what happened to him when he joined the Bears (perhaps better diet and training), but he sure did mature and shake off the nagging injuries. The guy has a lot of talent and it's nice to see him finally maximize it.

Yes he did. That was the story anyway.