[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I crazy for just saying "no" to this trade offer?

12 Team Dynasty PPR league. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1PK, 1DEF

I have the 1.1 pick in our rookie draft (5 rounds total) and I have been offered.......

Jay Cutler

1.3 pick in 2007 draft

3.5 pick in 2007 draft

for my

1.1 pick

Mark Clayton

My roster is found in my sig below.

I'm thinking of saying no for several reasons....

1. I don't have the biggest depth at RB, but I could afford to stash AD or CJ on my bench and let them develop.

2. I may land Lynch with the 1.3 pick and I already have Losman and Evans from the Bills

3. This is Mark Clayton's third year and I really think he will put up decent numbers.

4. If I were getting Palmer (who he has along with Vick) in the deal, I would like the deal more. Yes, I'm hurting at QB, but I think Losman and Lefty are making improvements and I have a shot at a number of rookie QBs in good positions this year.

Is Cutler worth giving up Mark Clayton and my choice of Adrian or Calvin? What do you think about the deal?

Thanks

:D

Edited by Yannick Noah

Is Cutler worth giving up Mark Clayton and my choice of Adrian or Calvin? What do you think about the deal?

No. You'd be downgrading your WR corps, and your draft position, for a slight upgrade at QB. The players involved make no sense for you.

Unless you somehow knew you would get AP or CJ I don't think you do this. Cutler is nice but he still hasn't proven himself over a full season. While Clayton probably won't be a number #1 wr he will put up good stats and is probably the #2/3 wr on your team. Your just not helping yourself enough with this trade as your need for a impact player is too great and AP or CJ is your best bet at that player.

Your gut is right on this one. NO WAY I would make this trade if I were you. Clayton should give you many years of dependable service. I can see why the other guy made the offer though. Take Clayton out of the equation and that is a trade I might do. Might.

Thanks everybody for the input. Here is an update that I need help with; the owner just sent me two more offers......

Jay Cutler

1.3 2007

for

1.1 draft pick

or

Jay Cutler

1.3 2007

2.2 2007

for

Mark Clayton

I'm not crazy about the new Clayton offer, but the first deal looks interesting. Am I crazy to say no to Cutler and 1.3 for 1.1? Would I be crazy to ask for Palmer for the 1.1pick?

I agree on passing on number 2. The 1-1 for Cutler and the 1-3 is tempting.

I say go for it on the Palmer offer, all he can say is no, i sure wouldn't do it as the plamer owner but stranger things have been accepted.

I'm not crazy about the new Clayton offer, but the first deal looks interesting. Am I crazy to say no to Cutler and 1.3 for 1.1? Would I be crazy to ask for Palmer for the 1.1pick?

Not at all, and no.

I agree on passing on number 2. The 1-1 for Cutler and the 1-3 is tempting.

I say go for it on the Palmer offer, all he can say is no, i sure wouldn't do it as the plamer owner but stranger things have been accepted.

My thoughts exactly. I'd see if I could get him to sweeten the Cutler and 1.3 at all, maybe a pick move later on like his 3rd for your 4th or 5th,something to that affect.

Wow.

I'd trade the 1.01 for the 1.03 & Cutler in a heartbeat, especially with Lefty & Losman as your QBs. DEN has revamped its O completely, Cutler can make all the throws, DEN will have 2 very athletic WRs starting for them, and DEN's passing game thrives when its running game is clicking.

Everything points at Cutler being in a very, very good situation. The 1.03 is just about as good as the 1.01 this year with Peterson landing in a bad spot in MIN. You'll be drafting either CJ - just about as sure a bet as a future stud WR as the NFL has seen drafted in the past decade - or Lynch.

I see an upgrade at QB for you with a very good draft pick still on your draft board. I like that option for you.

Wow.

I'd trade the 1.01 for the 1.03 & Cutler in a heartbeat, especially with Lefty & Losman as your QBs. DEN has revamped its O completely, Cutler can make all the throws, DEN will have 2 very athletic WRs starting for them, and DEN's passing game thrives when its running game is clicking.

Everything points at Cutler being in a very, very good situation. The 1.03 is just about as good as the 1.01 this year with Peterson landing in a bad spot in MIN. You'll be drafting either CJ - just about as sure a bet as a future stud WR as the NFL has seen drafted in the past decade - or Lynch.

I see an upgrade at QB for you with a very good draft pick still on your draft board. I like that option for you.

Yeah, you have a chance to make a serious upgrade at QB, and you will still get just as good a shot at a great player at 1:3 as you will 1:01. The perceived value between those two picks to the other owner is Jay Cutler, and I think that is a fine deal for you. You need to make that happen if you are serious about winning this league.

Wow.

This is what I love about fantasy football. Since the draft, I've noticed two very passionate camps about Peterson in Minny. 1) He is going to be huge and 2) he landed in a "bad spot". I personally think that he landed in a good spot with an awesome O-line.

As for Cutler, I do like him but the QB position is not as scarce as the RB IMO...of course I earned the 1.1 spot for a reason :D. I think that I can get some future talent at QB in this year's draft and still keep my 1.1 pick. If I could get Palmer in a deal for 1.1, I would like the deal more. Losman has been improving and adding Cutler would solidify my QB squad, but I would like a proven stud.

I may be over-thinking things, but this is the brutal beauty of Fantasy football. Thanks for all of the input. Any more opinions on if I should take the Cutler deal?

Thanks!

Edited by Yannick Noah

This is what I love about fantasy football. Since the draft, I've noticed two very passionate camps about Peterson in Minny. 1) He is going to be huge and 2) he landed in a "bad spot". I personally think that he landed in a good spot with an awesome O-line.

It's not the line - it's the passing game. Right now it has literally no credibility. That means that at a minimum the SS is playing in the box, peaking into the backfield, & playing run first. And as bad as the inexperienced QB/no legit #1 WR (maybe even no legit #2 WR) is, you're probably going to see run-force hard corners with rotation to the FS.

What that means in plain terms is that the MIN running game looks to be outnumbered no matter where it runs. I don't care how good the line & RB are, if there are 2 more defenders than there are blockers, a run in the NFL isn't going anywhere.

I'd make the deal of AP for Cutler and Lynch. But it sounds like you really want AP on your roster. Would you trade AP for Cutler and CJ? Look at the #2 team and see if they may be leaning towards WR or RB. You could also draft AP, wait to see what #2 does, and if they take Lynch, then make the trade.

If you pass on Cutler and CJ for AP, then there is no reason to be asking for advice hear, since you are too sold on AP for anyone to change your mind. :D (I recognize the sings as I was there last year with Bush. :D )

I'm not really sold on AP just yet, but I'm definitely sold on getting the best deal that I can for the 1.1 pick. CJ would be nice, but I really think that the guy at 1.2 is going to pick him up.

I've got a ton of offers for the 1.1 pick, but they have all been for players on the same level of the players I already have.

Wow.

Yeah, you have a chance to make a serious upgrade at QB, and you will still get just as good a shot at a great player at 1:3 as you will 1:01. The perceived value between those two picks to the other owner is Jay Cutler, and I think that is a fine deal for you. You need to make that happen if you are serious about winning this league.

I agree with these guys.

There is not much(if any) differrence from pick 1 to pick 3. in most drafts that gets you Lynch. then you get a solid QB for the future in Cutler. I jump all over it myself.

I may be over-thinking things, but this is the brutal beauty of Fantasy football. Thanks for all of the input. Any more opinions on if I should take the Cutler deal?

I've said it before, but don't take it. Cutler might develop into a fine QB, but he will be available just about anytime. You can get Calvin Johnson only once. :D

Here's an update: I like this new offer better than any of the Cutler one's.

The owner has offered

Carson Palmer

Year 2007 Draft Pick 3.03

For

Julius Jones or Mark Clayton

Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.01

I like the idea of getting Palmer, but am I giving up too much? I won't have a pick in the first round, but I still get Palmer. Should his knee be a concern to me? Should I pull the trigger on this deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.....once again!

Personally. I don't like where this trade is heading. You were looking at having:

Jay Cutler + either Lynch/Peterson/ or Johnson and giving up no players.

Now you are looking at ending up with Carson Palmer and giving up Jones and Clayton. How is that a better trade for you?

If you have a big hard on for Palmer, and just have to have him I guess you might justify this trade. But to me, on the surface it looks like a horrible trade for you.

Yeah, palmer might outscore Cutler by 30-40 points a year for the next 5 years. So you will pick up some points there. But how many are you giving up by not getting one of the big 3 in the draft PLUS giving up Jones or Clayton?

If you have to do this deal though, I would trade Jones instead of Clayton, and try to squeeze him for a 1st round pick in next years draft instead, or at least upgrade the 3.3 he is offering into a 2.3. Next seasons draft picks are probably more valuable that this years, so don't miss an opportunity to stock up for the future.

My point is that you need to get more, or give less in this deal.

Personally. I don't like where this trade is heading. You were looking at having:

Jay Cutler + either Lynch/Peterson/ or Johnson and giving up no players.

Now you are looking at ending up with Carson Palmer and giving up Jones and Clayton. How is that a better trade for you?

I hear what you're saying ratsass. He just sent another offer.

Carson Palmer

Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.03

Year 2007 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Super Steve

for

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Personally, giving up Addai is the real killer for me. He is the idea player I want for my dynasty squad. My gut is telling me no again. I'm giving up a stud RB in a high-powered offense, a third-year WR who has major upside this year and the 1.01 pick for Palmer, Lynch or CJ, the 2.02 this year and his round 2 pick in 2008. In his email he says that the 2008 draft will be loaded with value, but IMO his team will do pretty well this year.

This guy really wants the 1.1 pick and I think I'm driving him crazy :D, but I haven't like his previous offers and I'm really :D about this one. My gut says no.....what do you think?

Thanks,

:tup:

I hear what you're saying ratsass. He just sent another offer.

Carson Palmer

Year 2007 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2008 Round 2 Draft Pick from Super Steve

for

Addai, Joseph IND RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Personally, giving up Addai is the real killer for me. He is the idea player I want for my dynasty squad. My gut is telling me no again. I'm giving up a stud RB in a high-powered offense, a third-year WR who has major upside this year and the 1.01 pick for Palmer, Lynch or CJ, the 2.02 this year and his round 2 pick in 2008. In his email he says that the 2008 draft will be loaded with value, but IMO his team will do pretty well this year.

This guy really wants the 1.1 pick and I think I'm driving him crazy :D, but I haven't like his previous offers and I'm really :D about this one. My gut says no.....what do you think?

Thanks,

:tup:

Nope. You are giving up established players for picks.

I still like the Cutler trade where all you have to do is move down two spots the best.

Don't do it. You have this guy on the ropes, he's going to keep trying and sooner or later he will make a mistake and give you a decent offer. I agree that the best offer you have received so far is the Cutler for the rd1 swaps. His other offers have been very one-sided to say the least.

Be patient grasshopper :D

I think you need to re-visit (and accept) the Cutler deal, 1.01 for Cutler & 1.03.

There are 3 'prizes' in this years rookie draft- AP, CJ and Lynch. Cutler may not be an upgrade for you this year, but you need to be looking toward the future. In two years time Cutler will be out-producing every QB on your roster combined. You'd still be adding a top RB or WR for the future. Look what you could be starting in a year or two:

Cutler

Lynch

Addai

That's a pretty good foundation to build a team around.

My :D

I think you need to re-visit (and accept) the Cutler deal, 1.01 for Cutler & 1.03.

There are 3 'prizes' in this years rookie draft- AP, CJ and Lynch. Cutler may not be an upgrade for you this year, but you need to be looking toward the future. In two years time Cutler will be out-producing every QB on your roster combined. You'd still be adding a top RB or WR for the future. Look what you could be starting in a year or two:

Cutler

Lynch

Addai

That's a pretty good foundation to build a team around.

My :D

+1

The rest of the additional stuff is starting to get absurd.

• 1 month later...

The owner just cleaned his offer and he is offering......

He will give up

Year 2007 Draft Pick 1.11

for

This is a PPR dynasty league rookie draft and even though I'm not as crazy about Lynch as I am Peterson or CJ, the 1.11 pick in the first round could help me grab a WR, QB, or RB since I have the 1.13 pick. My current roster is in my sig below.

What do you all think of this offer?

Thanks!