[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Secret

alexgaddis

So my boss read this "book" the other day and seems to have been brainwashed...he wants me to go pick up a copy at lunch today and start reading it...has anyone read this thing and if so what did you think?

I tend to not believe in this kind of garbage...

So my boss read this "book" the other day and seems to have been brainwashed...he wants me to go pick up a copy at lunch today and start reading it...has anyone read this thing and if so what did you think?

I tend to not believe in this kind of garbage...

My wife read it a couple of months ago for her bookclub thing she does.

It's some new age positive thinking crap...I think its time to look for a new job...:D

One of the reviewers at amazon posted this quote from the book:

"Everything that surrounds you right now in your life, including the things you're complaining about, you've attracted....Often when people first hear this part of the Secret they recall events in history where masses of lives were lost, and they find it incomprehensible that so many people could have attracted themselves to the event. By the law of attraction, they had to be on the same frequency as the event....Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts."

So, apparently Holocaust victims and 4 year-old rape victims had it coming to them. Very nice.

Go kick your boss squarely in the nuts and tell them that he attracted the event to himself.

Edited by wiegie

I never heard of it, so I looked it up at amazon--it looks absolutely retarded. Your boss is obviously an idiot.

I can't tell if W is being sarcastic here or not. But I believe he sincerely thinks its garbage. Never heard of it, but like most of these self-help things, there are no doubt some little nuggets of good ideas you could pick out. But the overall packaging and promotion is just to sell a book to make $ for the author(s).

No one has all the answers to life. Unless your name is Jesus Christ; or Warren Buffett...... :D

One of the reviewers at amazon posted this quote from the book:

So, apparently Holocaust victims and 4 year-old rape victims had it coming to them. Very nice.

Go kick your boss squarely in the nuts and tell them that he attracted the event to himself.

I heard a radio interview not too long ago talking about one of the authors appearence on Larry King Live where he basically said the same thing about an 11 year old who was raped and killed...