[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Green

I happened to have 4 Fantasy Mags left over from last year and he was rated #5, #7, #8 and another #8. So yeah they ended up with QB issues again but WOW!!! what a BUST for owners that took him with thoughts of getting a Top WR. :D In my local league he was taken 4.01. Guys like Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams, Driver, Burress, A. Johnson, J. Walker, TJ Housh, etc. were all drafted after him.

He is a head-case and does have issues catching/holding onto the ball at times, going from making a spectacular catch to dropping an easy one.

The ONLY reason he was rated that high was how he performed the last 4 weeks of the 2005 season. He had an incredible stretch run but he is very inconsistent and drops more balls than T.O. :D

Green buys them 2 years of developing John Beck.

Fixed

Daunte Culpepper says he has been cleared to practice.

Ironic that it comes on the day Trent Green is acquired. If Culpepper shows up ready to take snaps, he could force his release before Miami gets a true chance to trade him. There's very little chance of him being a Dolphin for this season.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Edited by Randall

Fixed

Daunte Culpepper says he has been cleared to practice.

Ironic that it comes on the day Trent Green is acquired. If Culpepper shows up ready to take snaps, he could force his release before Miami gets a true chance to trade him. There's very little chance of him being a Dolphin for this season.

Culpepper's retarded agent (oh that's right he represents himself) forgot to negotiate a clause in his current contract that would give any financial incentive for Miami to trade or release him before the beginning of the regular season. Unless Culpepper just totally throws a gigantic junior high school temper tantrum that would threaten the cohesiveness of the lockerroom, then there's really no point in Miami getting rid of him.

Instead they'll tell Culpepper that he is competing for hte starting job, when it will be obvious that Trent Green will get most of the looks with the first string offense, and so Culpepper will become their disgruntled insurance policy just in case Trent Green gets hurt in the pre-season. He's gonna hate it... and it's gonna be hilarious to watch!

Bye Daunte.

No way he'll be on the Dolphins this year.

Trent Green has worked with both Cameron & QB coach Terry Shea in the past. Cameron's offensive system is nearly identical to the one Green has run for the past six years in Kansas City.

Green will also serve as a nice mentor to John Beck who the Dolphins have high hopes for.

DAVIE, Fla. - Daunte Culpepper apparently won't be getting a chance to compete with Trent Green for the starting quarterback job in Miami. One day after agreeing to send a fifth-round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for Green, the Dolphins told Culpepper on Wednesday they want to trade him , a move he is resisting.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/66-...07-1358560.html

CYA

DAVIE, Fla. - Daunte Culpepper apparently won't be getting a chance to compete with Trent Green for the starting quarterback job in Miami. One day after agreeing to send a fifth-round draft pick to the Kansas City Chiefs for Green, the Dolphins told Culpepper on Wednesday they want to trade him , a move he is resisting.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/66-...07-1358560.html

CYA

Interesting... I wonder how much they will ask for Culpepper?

After a meeting with Dolphins GM Randy Mueller and coach Cam Cameron, Daunte Culpepper sent out an e-mail saying he's not interested in being traded.

The e-mail was sent to various media outlets after Culpepper was told Trent Green would be the Dolphins' new QB. "They would like to trade me in order to ‘get something for me,'" he wrote. "However, it is my position that I have already been down that road and I am not interested in being traded." Culpepper says he'll continue to work out while under contract with Miami. Jun. 6 - 9:53 am et

Just cut him and take the cap hit. Good riddance.

NO team will give up a draft pick AND take on his contract.

Culpepper's retarded agent (oh that's right he represents himself) forgot to negotiate a clause in his current contract that would give any financial incentive for Miami to trade or release him before the beginning of the regular season. Unless Culpepper just totally throws a gigantic junior high school temper tantrum that would threaten the cohesiveness of the lockerroom, then there's really no point in Miami getting rid of him.

Instead they'll tell Culpepper that he is competing for hte starting job, when it will be obvious that Trent Green will get most of the looks with the first string offense, and so Culpepper will become their disgruntled insurance policy just in case Trent Green gets hurt in the pre-season. He's gonna hate it... and it's gonna be hilarious to watch!

It's my understanding that it is part of the argreement with Green (or at the very least to Green & his agent's understanding) that Culpepper won't be on the roster to compete with him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

It's my understanding that it is part of the argreement with Green (or at the very least to Green & his agent's understanding) that Culpepper won't be on the roster to compete with him.

Yep, looks like I was wrong about the Dolphins wanting to keep him around just in case. I kind of feel bad for Culpepper in a way... I really enjoyed his time with the Vikings, but he of course burned some bridges here when he left. I wonder if he'll ever make a comeback now? I think he will have to accept being a backup for a while and then will have to get lucky to ever see the field again.

About a year ago I was on this board excited about the CPepp trade to the Dolphins. Part of that was due to the all the craptastic Dolphin QB's since Marino left.

Others (Savage Beatings included) warned me that CPepp didn't make smart decisions and realy wasn't that good. It's a bit sad he never got healthy to see what he really had left. I was wrong about CPepp and now I just want him off the team ASAP.

The Dolphins think John Beck is the future. God I hope they're right.

NO team will give up a draft pick AND take on his contract.

Moreover, I doubt any team will give up ANYTHING. With the uncertainty surrounding his knee and his marginal play when was in uniform the last several years, and the weight of his contract, the Dolphins will be lucky to move him anywhere for any real value.

With what they have already invested in the guy, I think he's in a Dolphin uniform September 1. I doubt he's cut...not with the upfront money that was paid two years ago..and in the Dolphins eyes, he's a viable back-up QB for this season, as he should be. He'll have to practice with the team, bide time as a backup (and if he's emotionally on board, works hard and makes the most of it if he's given a shot due to injury to Green), and hope to land somewhere mid-season or next.

Right now, he's stuck.

I think he's in a Dolphin uniform September 1. I doubt he's cut...

Right now, he's stuck.

:D

Dolphins to part ways with Culpepper

Wednesday | June 06, 2007

One day after acquiring Chiefs quarterback Trent Green via trade, the Dolphins informed incumbant Daunte Culpepper that they intend part with him in a similar fashion.

On Wednesday, head coach Cam Cameron and general manager Randy Mueller met with Culpepper and stated their intention to trade him.

However, the the 8-year veteran was also told that he would not be released. According to Culpepper, the Dolphins said they intend to keep him on the roster throughout the offseason despite his inevitable departure.

Culpepper, who serves as his own agent, wants no part of a prolonged farewell.

"They would like to trade me in order to `get something for me,' '' Culpepper told the Miami Herald. "However, it is my position that I have already been down that road and I am not interested in being traded.

"They have told me throughout the off-season that I am under contract to the Dolphins. Therefore, it will be up to them to either keep me under contract or release me. In the meantime, I will continue to work out at the facility with the team and prepare myself for training camp, wherever it may be.'

Now that Culpepper, 30, has been medically cleared to practice, the Dolphins could in fact part ways with the quarterback seemingly without the threat of a grievance. The NFL's collective bargaining agreement forbids teams from releasing a player while injured.

The 11th overall pick in the 1999 draft, Culpepper restructured his contract shortly after being traded to Miami in 2006. He is set to count $6.375 million against the 2007 salary cap. A trade or release would result in a meager $625K cap hit. If released, the Dolphins could be spread that hit out over two seasons if the Dolphins if they wish.

CYA Daunte !!!

Wow, if true, I would have told Green to f-off if I was the Dolphins.

A 37-year old disgruntled QB, who is unprovenly back from a devasting concussion and desperately seeking work after being replaced, is going to dictate to me who I have to cut from my current roster before he signs? He's not confident enough in his own abilities, and strong enough emotionally, to handle any QB competition that might arise, and win it based on merit?

If any of the above from BB is true, then my opinion of Green went from indifferent to puss in a quick moment.

Wow, if true, I would have told Green to f-off if I was the Dolphins.

A 37-year old disgruntled QB, who is unprovenly back from a devasting concussion and desperately seeking work after being replaced, is going to dictate to me who I have to cut from my current roster before he signs? He's not confident enough in his own abilities, and strong enough emotionally, to handle any QB competition that might arise, and win it based on merit?

If any of the above from BB is true, then my opinion of Green went from indifferent to puss in a quick moment.

John Beck will be the QB for this team sooner rather than later. Trent Green is a stop gap that knows Cameron's offense and will mentor Beck.

At most Green plays all of 2007 for the Dolphins.