[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock #3 - 10 team TD-only, No TE Req'd, 14 rounds

DMD

Just a shorter mock this time to mirror the most common sort of TD-only league. Mock lasts for 14 rounds only and awards only touchdowns, two point conversions and kicker points (actual NFL points). Starting lineup is this:

QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, PK, DEF

No limits other than you will need a starting line-up.

These sort of drafts are always interesting since it really makes you think differently when yardage points are not included.

Here is the mock homepage on MFL

grab a team and replace the password of "huddletd"

It starts just as soon as teams make their pick.

Just a shorter mock this time to mirror the most common sort of TD-only league. Mock lasts for 14 rounds only and awards only touchdowns, two point conversions and kicker points (actual NFL points). Starting lineup is this:

QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, PK, DEF

No limits other than you will need a starting line-up.

These sort of drafts are always interesting since it really makes you think differently when yardage points are not included.

Here is the mock homepage on MFL

grab a team and replace the password of "huddletd"

It starts just as soon as teams make their pick.

I am in for the 10 spot

I'm half debating on whether or not I can take this draft seriously. I'm going to reserve judgement since I know very little about how to rank players in the TD only system. But some of these picks I can't help but ponder. :D

i get that alot...

i decided to "tank" DEF and K and concentrate on RBs and WRs, which is 5/8ths of the game any way... if it wasn't TD Only, I would have picked a DEF by now (they only score 4-8 a year anyway)

only a couple of regrets: auto picked Calvin Johnson when i wanted Eli Manning, so I'm "stuck" with Leinhart and Roth (plus another coming up)...

don't know about Benson's health for 16 games, but with that DEF and the fact he gets the Red Zone touches should get him 15+ TD this year

flipped a coin between McGahee and Westbrook and went with the RB with a better DEF and less of a threat of losing goal line carries

i agree, budlitebrad. There is such an advantage to going first that he was able to pick a DEF and K way too early because he had a very solid Top 5. i even picked Turner to try and nettle him a bit... He doesn't have much depth behind his starting lineup, though.

i really like #7. Brees/Gore/Jacobs/Walker/Bears/Wilkins. The Moss/Moss/Mush at WR2 and WR3 is a little weak, IMHO

of course, I'm still partial to #4, and we'll have to see the grades, there may be a "B-" in there

I screwed my QBs up, I wanted Young, but he probably would have been available at 7.10, had I not taken Young I would have taken Lynch as a bye fill-in / upside player. Frye was just a plan screw up on the preselect list. I had Smith and Green higher (in my mind at least), I wonder if

QB: Young, Smith

RB: Jones-Drew, Parker, Lynch, Bell, Duckett

WR: Gates, Colston, Brown, Ward, Jackson

K: Kasey

Def: Eagles

Would have been enough to get me an A- :D , probably not, I think he was being generous as it was with the B+