[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper advice

sithlord

I am in a league where we are allowed to keep players drafted in certain rounds of the previous years draft. A 10 team league where a TE is required, standard scoring rules in the league. I have both Chris Cooley and LJ Smith that I could keep if i wanted too. I would consider keeping both but not sure. To keep Cooley I would give up my 8th round draft choice in this years draft and to keep LJ Smith I would give up my 11th round pick. Im pretty sure I will keep Smith since giving up an 11th is really nothing but not sure about Cooley with an eighth. We only have to carry on TE on our team, any opinion out there??

Cooley's value of an 8th rounder in a 12 team league is about right. The question is, since you can also have LJ for an 11th rounder, is whether with one starting TE on your roster already whether sacrificing that 8th rounder for another TE is worth the sacrifice of that pick.

If your league has a weighted or incremental ppr and you can start 2 TEs, I might consider keeping 2 starting TEs, since TEs would then get rewarded more than WRs for receptions. If the league is a straight ppr or non-ppr, then I think that 8th rounder could be better served with a player at a position that can impact your roster more.

Edited by Bronco Billy

If you keep one it has to be LJ just because of the draft value. Will you know which other TE's are kept prior to announcing your keepers? If so, you could see who is being kept and maybe you don't keep either. I suppose, either way, LJ is a decent keep with the 11th round value.