[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I on crack?

polksalet

Ok, as I stated in the other thread I am now beyond broke. While I have enough cash flow to cover my monthly bills there is no way I can imagine what the total cost of this baby episode is going to cost.My best guess based upon other's expenses is that this will cost about $700k before shoonce as of right now. This is before we go to MD Anderson in Houston for second opinions, check ups, and anything else. She will also be seen at Dallas Children's hospital in the near future so you get my drift about what is up financially.

Well, if you have ever read any of my posts here over the past 7 or so years you do know that defeal :D is not in my vocabulary. Ok, my term of slavery as a Survey Intern is up as of July 1, and if the board of registration will allow me I will be able to take my licensure exam in the fall. If I pass it I will most likely start my own tiny firm performing boundary and engineering surveys on my own. Until then I have been offered another option.

I have decided to start my own part-time consulting business in the mean time which will probably become full-time in the next couple of weeks. I have a real job right now which pays me decently for what I do but my starting my own gig I should come close to tripling my pay. I will have only one part-time employee when I need him so payroll is not a hugh concern. I am buying some REALLY old but still functional equipment to get me going until I can upgrade financed at 0&. I have a paid for work truck so I will have no payment there.

Other than RF giving his stamp of approval I do not know why this is not a good plan.

Any thoughts??

two thoughts come to mind that you may want to consider. if possible, keep your own business at part time while maintaining your current steady job. it may be too much to do, but you want to be darn sure before you cut those ties to the steady paycheck. the other thought is to make sure that you account for all the benefits associated with your current job when comparing to your own venture. tripling your pay may not be as attractive if the full picture, including benefits, is compared.

i'm sure you have already thought of these things, but i thought i would throw them out there. hope it helps and good luck.

I have zero benefits and my current boss is a close friend. If it fails I can can show up the next day and fall right in line. As a plus, he would be my largest client.

I have zero benefits and my current boss is a close friend. If it fails I can can show up the next day and fall right in line. As a plus, he would be my largest client.

:D hard to find any reason not to move forward with this, as you have described it.

You might want to see if your kid can get into Scottish Rite hospital in Dallas. It is totally free but you have to be referred in (or be a Mason). One of my kids has been going there for a year or so and they are awesome. They only see kids with certain issues so I don't know if you child will qualify, but it is definitely worth a look.

So....why aren't your wife's benefits covering the costs, or at least 90% of them?

They are covering around 85% but that leaves me with 15% of a mil. Actually up to now that have covered nearly all of it.

You might want to see if your kid can get into Scottish Rite hospital in Dallas. It is totally free but you have to be referred in (or be a Mason). One of my kids has been going there for a year or so and they are awesome. They only see kids with certain issues so I don't know if you child will qualify, but it is definitely worth a look.

yeah I am calling them tomorrow. I have a meeting at 7 with a bunch of guys who know something about the place.

yeah I am calling them tomorrow. I have a meeting at 7 with a bunch of guys who know something about the place.

My father is on the board of directors for the Shriner's Hospital in Galveston. It deals primarily with burns, but he is constantly sending people to that the Galveston hospital can't help to the Scottish Rite hospital, so he has a lot of contacts there. If you want to PM me, with your phone # and real name, and I'll have Dad call you and see if he can help you get into Scottish Rite. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

My father is on the board of directors for the Shriner's Hospital in Galveston. It deals primarily with burns, but he is constantly sending people to that the Galveston hospital can't help to the Scottish Rite hospital, so he has a lot of contacts there. If you want to PM me, with your phone # and real name, and I'll have Dad call you and see if he can help you get into Scottish Rite. I don't know why I didn't think of that before.

Cool, tell your dad he is a friend of mine seriously.

I am checking on the Scottish Rite thing today.

I really don't know if Scottish Rite does this kind of thing as it is EXTREMELY rare. But we will find out shortly.

email me at polksalet

at y a h o

dot moc

Edited by polksalet