[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keepers

Zblitz13

I play in a keeper league and have a decision to make. I can only keep 6 offensive players, but I am not sure what strategy makes sense:

My keepers will be: Stephen Jackson, Ronnie Brown, and Thomas Jones.

The other players I have to choose from are: Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, A. Boldin, and Lee Evans.

My thoughts are to keep on QB and both receivers, but feel that I am giving away to much by just dropping probably Bulger.

What is the consensus? Keep 1 QB (and which to drop) or keep both QBs (and which WR to drop)?

Bo9ldin is easy.. may as well add him to yor list of for sure keepers.

Any idea what other WRs will be available in the draft? What spot in the draft do you have?

IMO, Lee Evans is not that great of an option at WR, probably not really a legit WR2. Assuming you are likely to get comparable or better WRs in the draft, I think I would go ahead and lock up the security of having a solid #2 QB and hold both QBs.

Any chance of dealing one of those QBs for a WR? Or dealing Jones for a WR? Can you start 3 RBs?

IMO, hold the 2 QBs with Boldin if you must decide now, but shop the QBs, Jones and even Brown to see what sort of offers you get.

IMO, Lee Evans is not that great of an option at WR, probably not really a legit WR2.

:D

I usually agree with your assessments, or if not respect your logic if I don't.

Evans isn't a legit #2 FF WR this season? What am I missing here?

------------------------------------------------

BTW - Bulger is your non-keeper unless this is a start 2 QB league. You don't draft a backup QB with your 6th round pick or earlier, which is what you would be doing by keeping him over Evans.

I usually agree with your assessments, or if not respect your logic if I don't.

Evans isn't a legit #2 FF WR this season? What am I missing here?

------------------------------------------------

BTW - Bulger is your non-keeper unless this is a start 2 QB league. You don't draft a backup QB with your 6th round pick or earlier, which is what you would be doing by keeping him over Evans.

Okay.. I was being a bit harsh on Evans. He is a legit #2 WR, but, other than gut feeling that I think he will underperform this season, I have no stat/logic/real backup to support this.

Just something in my bones when I review the WRs that makes me hesitant to put him much higher than the 20-25 range of WRs. I don't know if I think losing McGahee and adding Lynch will allow D's to focus on the pass until Lynch proves he can run the ball or what it is.

In this case, after thinking about it a bit more and letting my feeling of impending doom about Evans go out the window, and assuming you do not make any trades prior to declaration, yes, keeping Evans and dumping Bulger is the right play.

Now that I have said this, I just know Evans is going to have some insane 120 catch, 1600 yard, 14 TD season......

Now that I have said this, I just know Evans is going to have some insane 120 catch, 1600 yard, 14 TD season......

Thought you knew something I didn't. I have Evans in a league and am counting on him to put up #2 FF WR numbers even though he's my #3 WR. I hope you'll forgive me if I don't trust your gut... :D

Losman showed signs of actually comprehending the pro game in the 2nd half of last season, and if that's the case, Evans ought to be a very solid performer who could outperform his draft position. IMO, olf course.

Thought you knew something I didn't. I have Evans in a league and am counting on him to put up #2 FF WR numbers even though he's my #3 WR. I hope you'll forgive me if I don't trust your gut... :tup:

Losman showed signs of actually comprehending the pro game in the 2nd half of last season, and if that's the case, Evans ought to be a very solid performer who could outperform his draft position. IMO, olf course.

Well, I have a friend that lives not far from where Buffalo holds their camps. In years past he has gone to a few practices. Maybe this year he can get me some "useful" inside info from camp or some of his local reporters, etc. Maybe I will draft Evans in a couple leagues as an insurance policy against my gut.... :D

Bo9ldin is easy.. may as well add him to yor list of for sure keepers.

Any idea what other WRs will be available in the draft? What spot in the draft do you have?

IMO, Lee Evans is not that great of an option at WR, probably not really a legit WR2. Assuming you are likely to get comparable or better WRs in the draft, I think I would go ahead and lock up the security of having a solid #2 QB and hold both QBs.

Any chance of dealing one of those QBs for a WR? Or dealing Jones for a WR? Can you start 3 RBs?

IMO, hold the 2 QBs with Boldin if you must decide now, but shop the QBs, Jones and even Brown to see what sort of offers you get.

Don't have an idea on the WRs available yet as we have not made our cuts yet. But typically, since there are 12 teams, each team keeps two WRs. So if I dropped a WR, I'd be looking at someone ranked 20th WR or higher.

Have been trying to deal one of the QBs, but have gotten no takers. Most think I will drop one and they can pickup in the redraft.

And in our league we cannot start 3 RBs. We can start minimum of one and max of two.

If you start only 1 QB, I hate to say it, but leave Bulger behind. Maybe you can trade him for a better RB than either brown/Jones.

Thanks for the post. I have been trying to upgrade at RB, but no takers so far. But will keep trying.

I'm not big on Evans either and my "gut" said to keep both QB's instead of both WR's...just by value alone...

Evans is spotty ..performance-wise...at least from what I recall..

especially where he had that 3 or 4 TD game....