[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please help me out with this trade

Ok, heres the scenario...This is a 10 team, keep 8 league, we start 2 QB's, 2 RB's 3 WR's, a TE, and K. NO DEFENSES in this league. It is also total points league.

My projected 8 keeepers are:

McNabb, Brees, Portis, Westy, Marvin, Ward, Plax, and Shcokey.

The other guy's keepers are probably gonna look like:

Rivers, T. Green, Rudi, Deuce, TO, Stallworth, TJ Houshyourdaddy, and maybe Witten/Mike Bell/Rhodes/Charlie Frye/Tatum Bell.

The trade I am looking to propose is as follows:

I give Portis and Plax, I get Rudi and Stallworth.

Here's my reasoning, obviously Portis is a lesser value than Rudi because he will now be sharing the ball, but in the games he started, he averaged over 15 points per game last year. I feel it's safe to say he'll average about 12. Burress is the only deep threat on the Giants, for the most part. He, in our league averaged 14.7 points through 15 games(we utilize the point per reception). That total is about 26.7-27 points per game. Rudi in our league averaged 14 per game last year, and he should put up similar numbers again. Stallworth, should see a drop off in #'s now that he has joined the Pats. he is the #2 WR on an offense that spreads the ball a lot. Stallworth, through his 11 starts last year, averaged 12.72 points. He will probably see a drop in those numbers, so let's say about 11.25 points/game. That puts the other tandem (Rudi and Stallworth) at 25.25-26 points/game.

If you agree with my numbers, that puts the Portis plax combo ahead of the rudi stallworth duo by a point per game. Which, in my book, is pretty dang even.

If you were me would you propose this trade? If you were the other guy would you accept it?

My 8 keepers afterwards:

Brees, Mcnabb, Westy, Rudi, Marvin, Ward, Stallworth, Shockey

His:

T.Green, Rivers, Portis, Deuce, TO, Housh, Plax, and I'm unsure of who his 8th would be.

Any help is VASTLY appereciated.

I would propose it for the simple fact that rudi should be more productive than a banged up portis who may be sharing carries ...plus as a giant fan I am hoping for the best but I see a long season ahead and I think plax will certainly be productove but not an upper tier wr...stallworth with brady and moss getting more attention from defenses should have a fine year if he stays healthy...good luck

I would offer the trade as it looks as though you will upgrade your starting line-up.

If I were him, I would not take it, it seems tough to upgrade talent in your league as you keep 80 players. Other than rookies coming in, it looks hard to find talent.

I would offer the trade. I feel that Plax and Stallworth are a wash... but I would never give Rudi for Portis. Like the last poster said, I would send an email back to you saying "Nice Try..." But you never know....

I don't like it.

I feel that Plax has more upside and less downside than Stallworth

Stallworth has ALOT of people to share the ball with. Heck - he could even be cut or traded by the end of training camp as I believe if NE knew they were getting Moss that they would not have gone after Stallworth.

further Stallworth is always having hammy problems and I've a feeling that NE might not need to throw too much this year. they may be able to get up early than play ball controll.

Eli can only get better and with him goes Plax. He should also have a little more room to work. Not having a real running game yet - they will have to throw and I believe they will need to.

I like Portis over Rudi based on talent alone. Age can certainly play a role as well.

I don't like it either....

I think you loose too much giving up Plax.

I do like Rudi and have him rated above Portis, but the difference between the two is minimal IMO.

Might look at trading McNabb, Portis and Plax for Rivers, Rudi and TO. Just an idea.

Tough call, good luck!

I don't like it either....

I think you loose too much giving up Plax.

I do like Rudi and have him rated above Portis, but the difference between the two is minimal IMO.

Might look at trading McNabb, Portis and Plax for Rivers, Rudi and TO. Just an idea.

Tough call, good luck!

I don't know if TO is worth it in a keeper..

another WR instead of TO would be ideal....