[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Keeper Trade Advice

The Wolf

I was offered MJD and either Laveranues Coles or Hines Ward for Fitz and Thomas Jones. We can also trade draft picks (rounds 1-3 for up to 5 years in advance). PPR league, standard scoring. Dynasty keeper. Start 1 QB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Floater (RB, WR, TE)

My team:

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Losman, J.P. BUF QB

Palmer, Carson CIN QB

Barlow, Kevan PIT RB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Jones, Thomas NYJ RB

Leonard, Brian STL RB

Morency, Vernand GBP RB

Rhodes, Dominic OAK RB

Taylor, Fred JAC RB

Wynn, DeShawn GBP RB

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Furrey, Mike DET WR

Johnson, Bryant ARI WR

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR

Williamson, Troy MIN WR

Miller, Zach OAK TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE

Hanson, Jason DET PK

Mare, Olindo NOS PK

Broncos, Denver DEN Def

Raiders, Oakland OAK Def

Thoughts? I like MJD and the thought of teaming him with SJax for the next several years is a plus, but giving up on Fitz is tough. I would also weaken my already weak WR corps considerably.

Edited by The Wolf

i say no. tj is still only 29 and should have many good years ahead. he is the man in new york while MJD is still splitting time. the loss of fitz would put your WR corp back at least 2 seasons while you rebuild.

i stay put and draft some additional rookie RB/WR talent to boost you up. you may also be able to deal jake to someone who needs a QB for a solid WR.

I dont do the deal either. LEt's face it, it is an essential wash at RB performance wise over the next couple years, so the only benefit is getting younger there, but not neccessarily gaining anything.

THen to do that, you gie up one of the better young WRs in the league for an older less productive WR, where WR is already your weak spot, and you have to march at minimum 3 of them out there each week. At least with Fitz you have one guy that is a solid option week in and week out.

i say no. tj is still only 29 and should have many good years ahead.

I agree with the others that this trade is not in your benefit, but 29 years old for a NFL RB is a year or two from retirement/dropped production for most RBs.

Jones-Drew will still be sharing in JAX, so the difference in production between he & Jones may not be that great. Giving up Fitz is giving up the only stud WR on your roster and will leave you with a very depleted WR corps.

Thanks all. I pull many trades during the season and do not usually ask for trade advice so the fact I did so now should have told me the answer was no. I never have a solid WR corps and in fact trade away WR's for RB's.

My being trigger happy at the moment is a bad thing...!

Edited by The Wolf