[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Help

I would be getting Gore.

I love the idea of the 2 headed beast S Jax & Gore. I like Maroney's upside and think he can be a very productive back but with Brady and all his weapons I expect the pats to score alot through the air. The #10 rookie is a toss up imo. Thats a player that may or may not pan out so I'm not so concerned about losing the pick. Sean Jones is a top IDP db but I feel like he can be replaced via waiver wire.

Dynasty, standard scoring, no rb ppr.

Opinions appreciated?

OK...I'll preface this by saying I know nothing about IDP leagues, so my comments below don't factor in Sean Jones...and they should.

There's something about Maroney that puts some hesitation in me. Injury history, newly minted feature back, etc. Can't put my finger on it exactly (maybe I just did) but he is a player I avoid.

If Jones is replacable via the WW as you say, and with the #10 pick being a crap shoot, you have to make this deal.

I would be getting Gore.

I love the idea of the 2 headed beast S Jax & Gore. I like Maroney's upside and think he can be a very productive back but with Brady and all his weapons I expect the pats to score alot through the air. The #10 rookie is a toss up imo. Thats a player that may or may not pan out so I'm not so concerned about losing the pick. Sean Jones is a top IDP db but I feel like he can be replaced via waiver wire.

Dynasty, standard scoring, no rb ppr.

Opinions appreciated?

Rockin with Gore and Jackson. What a tandem. I too am a little worried about Maroney and his health. Don't get me wrong if I could get him I would but Gore is a tremendous upside back and is proven unlike Maroney over a full 16 game schedule.

I do not play in IDP leagues so I am also unsure of Jones value.

Do the trade and watch the wins roll in.

Croc

Let me preface by saying I'm the biggest Gore guy on the board. Definetely would do it. It's hard to really judge Maroney's shoulder injury but I'm still going of the story of him throwing underhand as an ump at a charity baseball game. Safeties are very replacable so I don't put much in the loss of Sean Jones and 1.11 would probably only give you some second rate backup. This link might help - http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...=203959&hl= .

bronco - thanks for the link.

maroney is in a position to succeed but as some of you have noted gore is proven. i prefer what appears to me to be a sure thing with gore over maroney who has yet to carry the load of a full 16 game schedule. his shoulder is a bit of a concern. the way the pats spread the ball i envision inconsistent production for all their skill players not named brady.

for those of you not farmiliar with idp, jones is a top 5 db in most rankings. as also noted by some of the other posters defensive players are pretty easliy replaceable. some managers value them alot more than others who see alot of value on the waiver wire.

I agree with you that the 1.10 is a pick that isn't great. Dynasty owners are sometimes so caught up in future potential that they don't realize when you get that far down in the first round that is really is a crap shoot for players, and you sure can't expect to find a stud there. The 1.10 shouldn't make or break the deal.

Losing Sean Jones should make you pause though. He's got a lot of years left and he's already one of the top FF Ss. Now DBs don't have near as much value in most leagues as LBs, obviously, but I don't see how you'll replace Jones with a WW pickup. Maroney is really up in the air for me. He's taking a long time to recover from his shoulder injury and I don't know if he has what it takes to be a featured RB. He wouldn't be the first RB to see his career take a plunge with bad shoulders - RBs take serious beatings in their shoulders. That said, if Maroney is THE guy in NE, he'll put up some very good numbers and the trade would probably tilt a bit in the other owner's favor.

Given Gore's potential - and it is just that, we need him to show it for more than 1 year - I do like the Gore end of the deal, but it's awfully close, IMO.

This is what we in the FF world would call a fair trade.

Now, the #10 pick may turn into fantasy gold or Maroney become the greatest thing in FF, but, based on currently available information and logical assumptions about potential player performance, this is a fair deal.

I too would ask the other owner to throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick to help offset the cost of the pick, but if this is a rookie only draft hen it has little value at all. Maybe he could throw in a scrub DB that would be better than what is available on the WW but is someone he would have to consider cutting after receiving the extra player.