[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dinner at the Whompers

whomper

As some of you know I am obsessed with my garden. My wife actually said the other day that if I passed away she would bury me in my garden with my laptop :D I have had a lot of conversations with some of the other garden guys on the huddle like Chief Dick , aqualung, Menudo, Paul etc and I thought it would be cool to see some of your gardens if you feel like posting some pics..I have been plucking cucumbers for a few weeks now and last night we ate our first eggplant from the garden..

Cucumbers before

Cucumbers now

A few cukes almost ready

Eggplant before

Eggplant after

A few little ones sprouting

Tomatoes

Garden before

Garden after

Last nights dinner with little whompette

Preperation

fry em up

Edited by whomper

I'm a garden nut myself. The only thing I've had ripe yet is Melrose Peppers and Zuccini. I'm waiting on tomatoes, bell peppers, brussel sprouts, and squash.

:D Next year I might expand..this year I just did cukes , eggplant and 3 different types of tomatoes

Edited by whomper

Can we do this again next year? Due to bad planning and circumstances, my garden got off to a SLOW start this year and I'm pretty much doing everything geared toward next year, when I plan to have a monster crop. Right now I have about 3 good tomato plants and some hot peppers, and that's it.

:D

Can we do this again next year? Due to bad planning and circumstances, my garden got off to a SLOW start this year and I'm pretty much doing everything geared toward next year, when I plan to have a monster crop. Right now I have about 3 good tomato plants and some hot peppers, and that's it.

Thats what happened to me last year..Next year will be much better..

As some of you know I am obsessed with my garden. My wife actually said the other day that if I passed away she would bury me in my garden with my laptop :DI have had a lot of conversations with some of the other garden guys on the huddle like Chief Dick , aqualung, Menudo, Paul etc and I thought it would be cool to see some of your gardens if you feel like posting some pics..I have been plucking cucumbers for a few weeks now and last night we ate our first eggplant from the garden..

The days of a personal garden went by the wayside when the Blitz family chauffer service started up more than a few years ago. This service is dedicated soley to driving the Blitz children to the various events and currently there is one primary driver (me) and a secondary driver as needed (the wife).

The thing I miss the most is the fresh tomatoes. At one point we had a pretty big garden and grew tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, green peppers, jalepeno peppers and okra. I also miss the home made salsa, pickles, pickled jalepenos and pickled okra.

I still have a tiller sitting in the garage.

How much you want to be your neighbor has checked if you were growing Josh Gordon?

My neighbor would want to smoke it

I'm a garden nut myself. The only thing I've had ripe yet is Melrose Peppers and Zuccini. I'm waiting on tomatoes, bell peppers, brussel sprouts, and squash.

I have cauli, broccoli and sprouts. Already harvested the caulis and broccoli, less a couple, but sprouts won't be ready for picking until at least September - 120 day crop.

I planted tomatoes, bell peppers (3 colors), brocolli and a salad mixture. I have been eating tomatoes and peppers for a while now. The salad was good while it lasted but I have not been giving the garden the attention it needs. Main thing is I have the tomatoes. I usually plant eggplant, squash and cucumbers but did not get around to it this year. HAPPY EATING!!!