[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats Philadelphia

Menudo

I dunno, 10k losses versus a tainted Super Bowl. :D

:tup: What a great argument !!!!

"Oh yeah, well, you know how my team doesn't have any Super Bowl titles, well, I think one of your team's 5 Super Bowl Titles was questionable due to poor officiating." :D

Psst....If you didn't like the way the last one happened, we've got 4 others.

"I watched the game, and I know for a verifiable fact that my team's last Super Bowl Title was a fluke and completely due to poor officiating. Also, even though I could never admit it, BigBen is a major disappointment, and sometimes, when I am alone at night, I weep."

fixed.

I preface this by saying I HATE Philadelphia sports catagorically. Every team from Philly deserves to either come in last place every year or be contracted. Worst sports city in America.

That having been said, I'm not sold on this being a big deal. Lenny Wilkins holds the record for both most coaching WINS and LOSSES in NBA history. That the Phillies got to 10 K losses first just means they've been around forever. A far more telling stat should be franchise win/loss percentage, which I'm sure the Phillies aren't last in.

So, I'm not impressed.

I preface this by saying I HATE Philadelphia sports catagorically. Every team from Philly deserves to either come in last place every year or be contracted. Worst sports city in America.

That having been said, I'm not sold on this being a big deal. Lenny Wilkins holds the record for both most coaching WINS and LOSSES in NBA history. That the Phillies got to 10 K losses first just means they've been around forever. A far more telling stat should be franchise win/loss percentage, which I'm sure the Phillies aren't last in.

So, I'm not impressed.

Well, of course that is true, but, it kind of ruins my fun. :D

fixed.

:tup:

Yep. If you had told me when we drafted Roethlisberger that in his first 3 years, the Steelers would do the following, I would have been really disappointed. :D

Year 1: Go 15-1 and lose the AFC Championship game. Ben would break several rookie records and have the 5th best QB Rating in the NFL.

Year 2: The team would win the Super Bowl, and Ben would have the 3rd best QB Rating in the NFL.

Year 3: The team would have a disappointing 8-8 season, and Ben would have a dreadful season.

I know you are an Eagle fan, so, sticking to facts will just lose arguments for you, but, there they are. Now, just to make amends, here is a link to the Eagles trophy room.................. :D

10.000 and counting. At least the Phils are #1 at something! :D

And I'm a, uh, proud, uh, Phillies fan.

Wow, a Philly fan with a sense of humor. I didn't know you existed.

The truth is, being a Phillies fan has been much more rewarding than being a Pirates fan over the last 15 years...... :D

So, I'm not impressed.

The franchise, born in 1883

and I could care less about 10K losses...I was at game 6 1980 section 301 when they WON THE WS vs KC....with how team move and are dissolved etc I think it is something to say that we have had a franchise since the late 1800's and you know what they are the franchise I root for, WIN OR LOSE!

Edited by keggerz

I feel deep shame that my team's victory will be remembered as the asterisk win. I know as well as anyone that the game cast a black mark on all Super Bowls, and even marred the history of the game. That SUper Bowl lessened my team's place in history, and even somehow, like some crazy quantum effect, made our team that was great back in the '70s up until 1980, a little worse. Watching that Super Bowl win as a fan, feels like I swallowed a moldy fig, and I wish I could just spit it out. But, I can't.

Instead, I will beat that dead horse to death in hopes that my one-man mission to tire everyone into not bringing up the taint will somehow magic it all away, and I will never, ever have to confront the awful reality again. Someone please hug me?

The Philadelphia baseball franchise has been to 13 World Series winning 6 of them

the Pittsburgh Pirates have been to 7 World Series winning 5 of them, congrats on your higher winning percentage

The Philadelphia baseball franchise has been to 13 World Series winning 6 of them

the Pittsburgh Pirates have been to 7 World Series winning 5 of them, congrats on your higher winning percentage

Sorry, we were comparing the Phillies franchise and the Pirates franchise. This post was about the Phillies. Using the time that you had a 2nd team in an argument is laughable.

So, lets compare again:

The Philadelphia Phillies have been to 3 World Series, Wiinning 1 of them.

The Pittsburgh Pirates have been to 7 World Series, Winning 5 of them.

So, you are 4 behind in baseball, which is one better than football. :D

The truth is, being a Phillies fan has been much more rewarding than being a Pirates fan over the last 15 years...... :D

My 19 year old asked me if the Pirates have ever been in a playoff game. :D and :tup: in case the first one breaks.