[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick Indicted

Beaumont

And if his opinion is completely biased and illogical, he'll continue to get blasted by everyone.

Freedom of speech doesn't include freedom from criticism.

I'm not one to underestimate your tendency to argue and get the last word while totally losing perspective, but you do know that Broncos is a tweenager....right? :D

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to underestimate your tendency to argue and get the last word while totally losing perspective, but you do know that Broncos is a tweenager....right? :D

Yeah he does. Used my age as a point against me in his final PM to me.

Wait bw you're not on my side right? I mean at all?

Wait bw you're not on my side right? I mean at all?

No, I think your tendency to defend Vick is misguided. While I understand the weight and attention to this particular story I was always befuddled how much negative attention he garnered just from his level of play on the football field.

This guy tries to prove that Vick is guilty of this "horrendous" crime but having two sources comparing Vick to Mike Tyson and saying he is selfish.

Banks never wrote that Tyson was selfish...he wrote that Tyson was "totally dumb." Vick is the selfish one, according to one of the sources in this article.

I'm not one to underestimate your tendency to whine like a little girl when somebody brings up the Steelers or Super Bowl XL, but you do realize that this is a Vick thread... right? :D

Yeah he does. Used my age as a point against me in his final PM to me.

Yes, in response to the unsolicited PMs that you sent me. Why are you PMing me in the first place, you little jock-sniffer?

Got bored waiting for your response in this thread so I figured I'd mess with you a bit. :tup: Looks like it worked.

You WAITED around for my response? :D Good God, you need to find a new hobby. :doh:

I'm tired of repeating myself, so we can agree to disagree. :D

but you do realize that this is a Vick thread... right?

Yea, I just wanted to confirm my suspicion that you have an insatiable fetish on the innernets. Whether it be die hard meager jabs against adults or your apparent confidence building endless knock out punches against 7th graders. :D

Posted in another thread:

LINK

"The odds are pretty stacked against defendants once an indictment is issued; that pretty much seals their fate," said Mark Allenbaugh, a Huntington Beach, Calif., lawyer and nationally recognized expert on the federal court system. "Once the indictment is issued, conviction is almost guaranteed."

Between 2000 and 2005, 99 percent of the 435,000 federal criminal defendants prosecuted nationwide were convicted. The conviction rate was the same for the 2,130 criminal defendants prosecuted during that period in the Western District of Pennsylvania.

Of the 420 people prosecuted last year in the Western District, 415 were found guilty by plea or jury, according to the Administrative Office of U.S. Courts.

In other words, if the Feds get an indictment, they have pretty much gotten enough evidence accumulated to have almost literally an ironclad case.

Interesting items out of a Rocky Mountain news story about Vick today:

(No link available yet)

In a letter to Goodell, Falcons owner Aurthur Blank and Vick's corporate sponsors, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and the Rev. Al Sharpton joined with People for Ethical Treatment of Animals and the Humane Society of the United States in calling for strong stands against animal cruelty.

"Today we sound a clarion call to all people: Stand up for what is right and speak out against what is wrong. Dogfighting is unacceptable. Hurting animals for human pleasure or gain is despicable. Cruelty is just plain wrong," the letter said.

Goodell and Blank met individually with Vick in May after the investigation started, telling him to straighten up or risk discipline. Blank said he "could not have been more stern" in telling Vick he represents himself, the franchise and the league and needs to do it right.

"They challenged me to be more accountable in all areas of my life. I know I need to make some changes around me to make sure that the people in my life have my best interest at heart," Vick said then. "My goal is to not let my fans, my team-mates or my coaches down."

Random thoughts:

Blank lining up publicly with PETA? That's not a good sign at all for Vick.

Sharpton also lining up publicly with PETA instead of supporting Vick while charging the Feds with racism? That's incredibly damning that almost everyone has turned on Vick (except waterman & broncos, of course).

Vick's statement that he needs to be sure that people around him have his best interest at heart? How about he has his own best interest at heart and start making some good decisons on his own? This guy is becoming incredibly laughable - or he would be if what he has been accused of weren't so heinous.

Goodell & Blank have put themselves into a corner where if they don't discipline Vick, despite what happens with the Feds, with the evidence released in the Feds to obtain Vick's indictment, both will lose all credibility if they don't take a hard line stance and provide significant punishment for Vick.

Edited by Bronco Billy

In a letter to Goodell, Falcons owner Aurthur Blank and Vick's corporate sponsors, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and the Rev. Al Sharpton joined with People for Ethical Treatment of Animals and the Humane Society of the United States in calling for strong stands against animal cruelty.

Random thoughts:

Blank lining up publicly with PETA? That's not a good sign at all for Vick.

I read it that way at first as well, but I think the letter was from Simmons, Sharpton and PETA to Goodell, Blank and Corporate sponsors.

I read it that way at first as well, but I think the letter was from Simmons, Sharpton and PETA to Goodell, Blank and Corporate sponsors.

I think you're right and that I misinterpreted.

Good catch, my friend.

I don't know. I love the new coaching staff. I think we've still got a shot with the crapshoot that is the NFC, especially with Vick.

With the turmoil that will surround Vick if he takes field, your team will be on the road to 5-11 or worse. No player will want to deal with the 100s of reporters for each new city each week answering one Vick question after another. It will be a distraction. In fact distraction is an understatement. After a training camp of media circus and 17 weeks more to come, not to mention a trail most likely in the middle to end of the season, there is no way a team can function with its #1 player under such scrutiny. Players will resent Vick. They may say all the right things, but they'll be pissed privately. The atmosphere in Atlanta will be unbearable. Look at Philly in 2005 with Owens.

From a business standpoint, if Blank really wants to give his team a chance to succeed, its better if Vick takes one for the team and stays home. It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. Its a football business decision that has to be made. Its the only way to shelter the other players and partially diffuse the situation.

Yea, I just wanted to confirm my suspicion that you have an insatiable fetish on the innernets. Whether it be die hard meager jabs against adults or your apparent confidence building endless knock out punches against 7th graders. :D

I've already confirmed my suspicion of your Menudo jock-sniffing fetish and your massive self-esteem issues that result in what you accuse me of doing above. Your hypocrisy is laughable. :D Do the world a favor and go stick your peener in a light socket.

I know,first hand, that in order to get an AUSA to indict, the case better be a slam dunk. If not, they keep sending the agents away for more. When they have what they need, then they still ask for more on top of what you have given them. Then they indict AND have a hammer that makes them plea to a "lesser".

you're right in general, but i believe that whole equation changes a little bit when you've got a juicy high profile target like vick.

"Today we sound a clarion call to all people: Stand up for what is right and speak out against what is wrong. Dogfighting is unacceptable. Hurting animals for human pleasure or gain is despicable. Cruelty is just plain wrong," the letter said.

I assume we can expect an uproar over sport hunting and fishing then right ?

What is the difference between dog fighting ,or hunting bears or big cats or fishing for marlin or sharks ?

I personally do not agree with hunting for sport or dog fighting but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is , innocent animals are being killed for the pleasure of man.

I wonder how many pro athletes or for that matter members of professional football teams from the coaches to the executives in the front offices have ever been on sport fishing or hunting trips ?

The fact that there is a gambling aspect involved with dog fighting ,to me , seems to be a more relevent issue then the actual dog fighting itself .

I assume we can expect an uproar over sport hunting and fishing then right ?

What is the difference between dog fighting ,or hunting bears or big cats or fishing for marlin or sharks ?

I personally do not agree with hunting for sport or dog fighting but if you are going to get all bent over dog fighting you need to get all bent over sport hunting and fishing because i dont see where the difference is , innocent animals are being killed for the pleasure of man.

I knew someone would go in this direction, and am quite frankly shocked that it has taken this long.

You know what else we should do, dm? We shoulds arrest all boxing fans & boxing promoters, too, since humans are also animals, boxing pits them against each other violently, and people enjoy watching boxing, as well as gambling on it. In fact, that same argument works for football, too, doesn't it.

Okay, everyone. March right down to your local law enforcement office & turn yourselves in. Take your wife & kids with you if they use animal products in any way, shape, or form or eat meat also. You are all under arrest.

Okay, everyone. March right down to your local law enforcement office & turn yourselves in. Take your wife & kids with you if they use animal products in any way, shape, or form or eat meat also. You are all under arrest.

I had sloppy joes last night...:D