[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate my 4 KEEPERS !

biglou

QB- Peyton Manning

RB- Larry Johnson

RB- Willis McGahee

WR- Steve Smith

Where should I start looking in the draft I have the 8th pick in a 8 team league? I also maybe able to trade McGahee for L.Maroney or J. Addai(the two teams these players are on really like McGahee tell me your thoughts on this as well.

I's prefer to deal for Addai. I like Maroney, but until we see how his shoulder is coming along in some contact drills and preseason, Addai is the better play... and both should be better than McGahee.

A lot of who to target depends on who the guy at 8 keeps, your lineup requirements and who you expect to be available. I'd likely suggest going with an RB anda WR with the first two picks, but the aforementioned variables have the primary determination on which one to go with first (though, if you are TE mandatory and a top TE is there, he must be given consideration)

Biglou, don't take this the wrong way, but my advice to you would be to get out of 8 team leagues. The talent pool is way too deep, and thus the skill factor is diminished significantly. Strongly consider 12 or 14 team leagues, you'll get a lot more out of it. Your keepers are very good, but in an 8 team league, everyone's keepers are very good.

The reason it is 8 teams is because it's me and 7 of my buddies who wanted to start our own fantasy keeper league about 4 years ago. I am in a 10 team league as well its just not a keeper league. I like the 8 team league alot you end up with a tough competive game every week, never a easy one I like that. Just my thoughts.

I was in an 8-team league once for a couple years. What we did though to help alleviate the luck factor assosciated with such a small number of teams was to increase the required starting lineup each week.

Instead of a 1/2/3/1/1/1 set up, IIRC, we went 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WRs, 2 TEs, 2 Ks, 2 Ds (we may have done 3RB/4WR/1TE with two flexes, this was a while ago). Helped keep it a bit more competitive so having knowledge of more than just the top few players played a part in the outcome

This is my 14th year playing in an 8 team league. We start 20 players ( 2QB 3RB 4WR 1TE 1K 3DL 3LB 3DB) which makes it really competitive. One of our owners played in a standard 12 team league w/ 9 starters but much prefers our league. His reasoning was a few years ago he had Mcnabb who scored 50+ points one week yet he still lost. With 20 starters one player has much less effect on the total score than starting 9 players. Chances are if a QB scored 50+ pts. w/ only 9 starters you would win 90% of the time. But that is not the case when you start so many more players. We start 3 RB every week, similar to a 12 team league starting 2. I like having that many starters b/c you usually have a player in almost every game you watch. 8 team leagues get bashed here but if you make some changes like more starters they can be just as competitive as a 12 team league. The other thing is I don't like to participate in several leagues b/c of the overlap of players. One league the Qb is your starter in another he is the opponents starter. That takes the fun out of it for me. If you are interested in our scoring or rules let me know. All of our players say this is their favorite league they ever played in. Also we keep 3-5 players each year.