[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

North Carolina Huddlers

untateve

untateve arrives in the Charlotte area (specifically Waxhaw) on Saturday, Aug 4. I know I'm not available for a meet and greet on 8/4 or 8/5, but I would probably be available to do so sometime during the week. I have to make sure my brother (or his wife) will watch my boys for me as my wife flies back to Florida on 8/5. Feel free to PM me. I should have regular internet access over the next few days but on this Friday, we drive from Cape Cod to our cabin outside Gatlinburg. Once I hit Charlotte, internet will consistently available again.

I know swampnuts posted a few weeks ago about getting together, possibly with panther dave.

Also, what is there to do in the area with an 8yr old and 10yr old boy that isn't your typical amusepark B-S? Outdoor things, preferably, but we're open to anything as we are wild adventurers.

So, does anyone want to experience all that is untateve?

I would love to meet up with you, but we are heading to North Myrtle Beach for most of that week. Swampnuts and I are in the area. He is in Indian Trail, which is very close to Waxhaw and I am north up in Concord (very close to Lowe's Motor Speedway).

As far as what is around to check out. The first day that you are in town the Panthers have their "Fan Fest" at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers have a scripted practice and a 20 minute scrimage. Before and after practice many players are available for autographs. They also do tours of the stadium during the week so you can check out the stadium if you want to.

There is very good amusement park in town. Carowinds is a ton of fun has multiple coasters including the Borg (which has you riding like you are flying). They are running a buy one get an extra day promo right now, so it does cost, but you could go two days if you really enjoyed hanging out there. They have a great water park within the park so you could spend a day having fun in that and the other day at the regular park.

NASCAR Speedpark is up towards where I live and also a fun time for the kids. You can check out five different go cart tracks, bumper boats, mini golf, rock wall climbing, laser tag and a bunch of video games. They have wrist bands if you want to spend a bunch of time there or pay as you go for the go carts, etc.

It is located in a cool mall called Concord Mills and is like shoppetainment. It has a 24 AMC Stadium Theatre, a HUGH Bass Pro Shop so if you are into camping, fishing, hiking, boating, etc.... a definite to check out. The place has a big fish tank and about 5,000 fishing rods. Another thing to do at the mall is a cool place called Dave and Buster's, which is like a adult Chuck 'E Cheese. They have bowling, video games, pool, ping pong, shuffleboard and big screen TVs for watching games, etc. They have a great deal, Eat and Play Combo for $15.99 where you can pick from 8 entrees and get a $10 game card to have some great fun with the games.

Downtown there is a neat kids museum called Discovery Place that as some neat things for kids. Currently, they have the Body Worlds exhibit there, which is pretty cool from what some friends have told me and they also have an IMAX Dome Theatre there too.

If you want more information about Charlotte and other things, just shoot me a PM or give me a call. I would be happy to help you out.

If you want adventure Charlotte is home of the U.S National Whitewater Center It opened recently and is where the National Team trains. Whitewater Center Map. Here are some of the activities you can do there.... Activities

It looks pretty cool, but I haven't had a chance to check it out myself yet.

There is a nice area called Uwharrie National Forest that has areas for boating, hiking, fishing, etc. that is a little east of the area that I live in Concord in Troy, NC. Trail maps

There is Carolina Adventure World where you can enjoy ATVs and motocross bikes and other trails.

Here are a few other places to check out:

http://www.lattaplantation.org/

Victory Lane Karting

Lazy 5

Hope these give you a better idea of things to do while in the area.

Dave

Edited by PSULions

PSULions moves into the Tailgate Top 5 Huddlers based on recent untateve rankings.

I just wish that your trip would not conflict with my family trip to the beach. I have a 6 year old son that would have a lot of fun getting to meet your sons (if we did something including the family) or at least had a chance to meet you (w/out the kiddos). But, alas, I can only provide information on my fair city to help you make the most out of your stay here for that week. :D

Hope you had a chance to check out some of the links. If you have more specific questions about the area, restaurants, etc. I can help you out there too. :D

I just wish that your trip would not conflict with my family trip to the beach. I have a 6 year old son that would have a lot of fun getting to meet your sons (if we did something including the family) or at least had a chance to meet you (w/out the kiddos). But, alas, I can only provide information on my fair city to help you make the most out of your stay here for that week. :D

Hope you had a chance to check out some of the links. If you have more specific questions about the area, restaurants, etc. I can help you out there too. :D

Well, my brother now lives up there so I'm sure I'll be up there at least 1-2 times per year. There will be future opportunity for the untateve experience.

Well, my brother now lives up there so I'm sure I'll be up there at least 1-2 times per year. There will be future opportunity for the untateve experience.

:D:tup:

Maybe I will get to a chance to experience EGG cooking!!! I have been intrigued ever since I posted on the Tailgate when I decided to buy a new grill (settled on a Weber) and you chimed in with your EGG.... I am sure it would be awesome. :D

I'm back in town! I'll be around the entire time Unta, so just let me know when you're available. I've got a 4 yo boy so we can go guys only or family style. Dave hooked you up with the cool stuff, and I'm sure your brother has most of the restaurants down by now. Just be sure to go to the Penguin in Plaza-Midwood neighborhood for a big-block cheeseburger and the fried pickles. I'll pm you my number.

I'm back in town! I'll be around the entire time Unta, so just let me know when you're available. I've got a 4 yo boy so we can go guys only or family style. Dave hooked you up with the cool stuff, and I'm sure your brother has most of the restaurants down by now. Just be sure to go to the Penguin in Plaza-Midwood neighborhood for a big-block cheeseburger and the fried pickles. I'll pm you my number.

My nephew (my brother's son) is also 4 yrs old. PM me your number and I'll talk with my brother and see what magic we can weave.

Are you driving back to Florida? When do you leave to come back? I'm off for 2 weeks starting Aug 5th. Maybe you can make a pit stop her in Jax and I can meet up with you somewhere? I plan on going back down to Ginny Springs/Ichetuckne to relax on the spring fed Santa Fe river. Perhaps you and the boys could join me and the SO? Her cousins are real nice people and they know the river well. I had a great time down there a couple weekends ago. Just a thought.

Are you driving back to Florida? When do you leave to come back? I'm off for 2 weeks starting Aug 5th. Maybe you can make a pit stop her in Jax and I can meet up with you somewhere? I plan on going back down to Ginny Springs/Ichetuckne to relax on the spring fed Santa Fe river. Perhaps you and the boys could join me and the SO? Her cousins are real nice people and they know the river well. I had a great time down there a couple weekends ago. Just a thought.

That would certainly be a possibility. My plan was to drive back Saturday the 10th, leaving NC around noon. I'm not sure how that jives with your plans, but I'm somewhat flexible except that I have to be back sometime early sunday to drop the car off. I have one condition no matter what...you bring the powder.

That would certainly be a possibility. My plan was to drive back Saturday the 10th, leaving NC around noon. I'm not sure how that jives with your plans, but I'm somewhat flexible except that I have to be back sometime early sunday to drop the car off. I have one condition no matter what...you bring the powder.

I'm In Wilmington NC on the coast.....about 3 1/2-4 hour drive from Charlotte.

You know me, I can do powder. :D It takes about 7 hours to get from Charlotte to Jax, so that would be 7:00PM. Even if we left to go to Ginny Springs then, that's another hour and a half. By that time it's dark. So if we stayed at S.O.'s family's place could get up early Sat. and go down to the river which is a hop skip and jump from their place. Even then, after a day of river lounging and :D you'd be pretty burned out. You would then have to leave in the middle of the night to get back home Sun. morning. If only you had an extra day, but this doesn't seem feasible for you. Maybe if you take a pit stop here in Jax on your way home, but then again I may already be leaving Friday if you decide against the river trip. Ah, hell, we're in state neighbors so there will always be a next time. Let me know what you plan on doing. Understandable if you decide against it.

You know me, I can do powder. :D It takes about 7 hours to get from Charlotte to Jax, so that would be 7:00PM. Even if we left to go to Ginny Springs then, that's another hour and a half. By that time it's dark. So if we stayed at S.O.'s family's place could get up early Sat. and go down to the river which is a hop skip and jump from their place. Even then, after a day of river lounging and :D you'd be pretty burned out. You would then have to leave in the middle of the night to get back home Sun. morning. If only you had an extra day, but this doesn't seem feasible for you. Maybe if you take a pit stop here in Jax on your way home, but then again I may already be leaving Friday if you decide against the river trip. Ah, hell, we're in state neighbors so there will always be a next time. Let me know what you plan on doing. Understandable if you decide against it.

I think I could make it in less than 7 hours to jacksonville, given that last summer, we drove from asheville to stuart in about 10 hours. However, I don't get to NC until 8/4. Let me see how my plans develop and then I'll let you know as I'm relatively certain my boys would enjoy goofing off in a river.

I think I could make it in less than 7 hours to jacksonville, given that last summer, we drove from asheville to stuart in about 10 hours. However, I don't get to NC until 8/4. Let me see how my plans develop and then I'll let you know as I'm relatively certain my boys would enjoy goofing off in a river.

ok. PM me when your plans develop.