[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fix my stove

polksalet

I know nothing about ovens others than how to use them. Apparently they have something in there that gets really hot. This is called a heating element. My has gone out, the bottom on that is. I can find no model number on the stove but I did find a serial number. It has 2 numbers actually.

316000205za and 316065300

Where can I get one?

I know nothing about ovens others than how to use them. Apparently they have something in there that gets really hot. This is called a heating element. My has gone out, the bottom on that is. I can find no model number on the stove but I did find a serial number. It has 2 numbers actually.

316000205za and 316065300

Where can I get one?

I just had that happen to me last week. My GE wasn't heating up correctly so I would off the shield and saw that the glow plug wasn't heating up and igniting the gas. You need to locate the Model # as well as your Serial # (which you already have done). The Model # should be located on a tag on the inside of the oven door.

I would Google "Frigidaire and the Model #" and it should take you to the web site. From there the would likely have a place to locate the part you are looking for. May not want to buy it from Frigidaire as it would be more expensive most likely, but it should give you the part # to call a local appliance place to order the part from them (hopefully, for less than Frigidaire would charge you). I have a home warranty, so I had the repairman come over to bring the part and install it for $70.00, but I have no idea what the glow plug will run you.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PSULions

Gotta stove problem myself. The broiler works....so do the burners. And the stove will kick on......but it's not reading the right temp. Thermocouple is bad? I'll set it to 400.....it'll get to about 230 and hold that temp thinking it's at 400. If I turn it up to about 425....it'll come back on and maybe get to 425....but then won't maintain that temp.

It's a gas stove. And I've loved having it......LOL. But rather than bothering to fix it, I've opted for a new stove. :D The old one is about 20 years old and doesn't look bad for 20.....but doesn't look new either. :D

Bought the new one Weds to be delivered on the 8th. AND....it'll match the rest of the kitchen. :D

Buy a MICROWAVE, I heard they heat things also..

Ok, I hate to admit this but I built a deflector shield assembly for oven so that I could use the broil feature for heat. It works for nearly everything. I have recently dicovered papa murphy pizza. The crust does not get done. Plus I am tired of replacing cookie sheets each month. They begin to take the shaoe of a wave and become extremely brittle.