[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning

kingdon777

Just curious about Peyton, anybody feel his value has increased or decreased this year? Obviously he is still the best QB in the game from a fantasy standpoint, but I think the gap is closing on him.

Is he still a legit 1st round pick? If so where would you draft him?

Just curious about Peyton, anybody feel his value has increased or decreased this year? Obviously he is still the best QB in the game from a fantasy standpoint, but I think the gap is closing on him.

Even in 6 pt for Td passes leagues...do not take a QB in the 1st round....and wrong forum.

I'm not much for projecting stats but I figure he looks good for about a normal Peyton Manning year. Losing his left tackle however could mean he gets knocked around a bit more which could depreciate his value just a bit. For the record, I have never seen him as a legit 1st rounder.

In most leagues Manning never was a first round pick and shouldn't be this year. He'll probably go in RD 2. He blew up that one year when he broke the TD record so maybe that year he might've been worth it. However, his value is right where it's been as the best QB in FF. But I'll be more than happy to let him go to another team while I stockpile at RB and WR and then grab a guy like Palmer, Bulger, Brees or even later Kitna and them produce Peyton-esque numbers. By the way I do think that the field is not only closing the gap on Manning but have actually caught him and it's very possible that he's not the highest scoring fantasy QB this year. Kitna finished the #3 QB last year and was behind Manning by 40 points on the year, that's an average of 2.5 points a week. I'll take that minimal drop-off in order to have better RBs and WRs and better depth.

Edited by irish

Even in 6 pt for Td passes leagues...do not take a QB in the 1st round....and wrong forum.

I do not agree with this. Nothing is absolute. If you have a late first round pick or are in a keeper league and you get 6 pts per passing TD, there is nothing wrong with taking a QB in the first - granted, there are only 2 QBs (IMO) worth taking that early. I took Manning last year in my B.O.T.H. league as my 1st rounder and won the league. Never say never.

I do not agree with this. Nothing is absolute. If you have a late first round pick or are in a keeper league and you get 6 pts per passing TD, there is nothing wrong with taking a QB in the first - granted, there are only 2 QBs (IMO) worth taking that early. I took Manning last year in my B.O.T.H. league as my 1st rounder and won the league. Never say never.

To each his own, and a keeper league would be a different story, but I personally would not do it.........most likely the reason I've never had Manning on my team.

Just cause you won last year with him doesn't mean it's the way to go or like you said not the way to go. However, when you take Manning in the first you seriously risk losing out on the value at your other positions. The drop-off at RB is usually one you can't make up once you skip one for Manning. Whereas there are 3-4 other QBs that could almost match Manning's point production over the season that can be had in rounds 3-5/6.

Again, in most leagues don't take Manning in the first round!! Not Advised unless your scoring system heavily favors QBs, (and I'm not talking about all tds are worth 6 pts) or you start 2 QBs every week.

Edited by irish

To each his own, and a keeper league would be a different story, but I personally would not do it.........most likely the reason I've never had Manning on my team.

What I always try to do in the first round is get a "guaranteed" producer - a top 5 of a particular position. So, I'd much rather take a Manning or Palmer in the first round than a RB or WR I'm not completely sold on just because they are top 10 on the experts rankings.

I'm not saying this is my ideal situation or that drafting a QB in the first is always a good strategy - but I'v never been into conventional wisdom. I take the guarantee in the first round then take chances in later rounds. For instance, most people have Shaun Alexander as a top 5 RB this year - If I have a middle round pick and he's still available, I will not draft him because to me he is way too risky. In that situation - I will definitely go with a stud WR or QB depending on the scoring system.

Just cause you won last year with him doesn't mean it's the way to go or like you said not the way to go. However, when you take Manning in the first you seriously risk losing out on the value at your other positions. The drop-off at RB is usually one you can't make up once you skip one for Manning. Whereas there are 3-4 other QBs that could almost match Manning's point production over the season that can be had in rounds 3-5/6.

Again, in most leagues don't take Manning in the first round!! Not Advised unless your scoring system heavily favors QBs, (and I'm not talking about all tds are worth 6 pts) or you start 2 QBs every week.

The dropoff at RB usually falls the most after the 2nd or 3rd best RB - so if you can't get someone who you believe to be top 3 then the dropoff moving forward is much less severe. I draft for guarantee in the first. Bottom line.

And I never said that "just because I won last year" means drafting a QB in the first is absolute. I was merely pointing out that I did draft a QB in the first round and I won my league - so there are no absolutes on either side of the argument.

absolutely nothing wrong with Brent's approach here. Pull a LAG out on your league and see the difference Manning can make on your team before you decide what round to select him in. Big stretch saying Manning will "probably go in the second round" :D

If you're in a position in the 1st round and you've got 3 or 4 RB's that are at your draft spot and all you can do is shrug your shoulders, the chances are at least one of them will be there when it gets back to you in Round 2.

6 pt. TD's in a 14-16 team league, I say yes, well worth the 1st rounder. 4 pt. TD's in let's say a 10 team league...nope.

It all depends on the situation and of course, the people that you are drafting around, if you know their tendencies.