[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pull my Finger

whomper

Disclaimer: So the record is set straight I agree and I am fully aware that the main thing here was that me and my daughter were OK and thats all that really matters...

About 6-7 weeks ago my Oldest daughter and I were in a pretty bad car accident. Some 17 kid cut a turn way to early and went in my lane as I was coming the other way and we hit head on. Air bags deployed and it was a pretty strong impact. My 6 year old was in the back seat and thank God buckled in her seat and protected but as I mentioned the impact was pretty strong and she went forward and was restrained by her seat belt around her stomach area. When the paramedics came she complained of a little pain in her stomach. The paramedic said to take her to the ER as a precauition but he felt she was fine. She wouldnt go in the ambulance so we went home and got in our other car and drove to the ER. The only thing that bothered me but only a very mild pain was my thumb since I gripped the wheel very tight. It barely hurt but my wife and her parents came to the ER and were in the room when the DR checked my daughter. Thank God she checked out totally fine. The doctor looked at me and asked if I was OK and I said yes..My wife said to the doctor that she felt I should have my thumb checked. The Doctor put his finger out and asked me to squeeze it ..I squeezed it and he said I was fine. Yesterday we got a bill from the hospital and there was some sort of mix up with my insurance that my wife straightened out but we got to see what they charged us for me and my daughter..They billed my insurance 740 dollars for me to squeeze the Doctors finger for 3 seconds. The 740 didnt include my daughters treatment it was just mine. :D I may have to pay 250 dollars of that ..

Edited by whomper

Yeah, I hear ya. I was in a bad car accident and so far I'm out of pocket over $1000 for a wreck that wasn't my fault. Some of the charges were insane, they gave me some pain pills that I thought were free, they charged me for them.

So... did I miss something? Who farted? :wacko::D

Glad you all checked out fine. Good thing you didn't take an ambulance too... those suckers are expensive!

Mine was $380 and the drive was................2.4 miles :D