[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper league question

Sam

This is our first year doing a keeper league. We can keep up to 3 players (but don't have to), but no more than 1 player at each position. I have a question for those in keeper leagues. When do you have to announce your keepers? I was thinking by the end of this week, so it would give me some time to figure out the draft order. We lose a pick in the rd we drafted our keepers. Is that too soon? What happens if someone's keeper gets injured and is going to be out for an extended period of time? Do you allow them to drop that player and keep someone else? Or are they SOL?

Thanks in advance.

Keepers can be announced up to the draft, though a week ahead is normally used.

Losing a round where he was drafted is later than usually used. Either 2 rounds before he was drafted; or your first pick(s) are usually the methods used.

I put in a rule in DOH if a keeper becomes injured prior to the draft, you may cut that keeper player and restore the draft pick.

This is our first year doing a keeper league. We can keep up to 3 players (but don't have to), but no more than 1 player at each position. I have a question for those in keeper leagues. When do you have to announce your keepers? I was thinking by the end of this week, so it would give me some time to figure out the draft order. We lose a pick in the rd we drafted our keepers. Is that too soon? What happens if someone's keeper gets injured and is going to be out for an extended period of time? Do you allow them to drop that player and keep someone else? Or are they SOL?

Thanks in advance.

We have the option to keep one player. Teams pay the auction value from the prior year plus $5. Keepers have to be announced by the end of August. Once announced, the player is yours. Teams can trade a kept player for another kept player or auction dollars. If the player gets hurt, the team has no recourse. They still own the player and his cost comes out of their auction budget.

Losing a round where he was drafted is later than usually used. Either 2 rounds before he was drafted; or your first pick(s) are usually the methods used.

Thanks Big John. I'm not sure what you're saying here. Would you mind explaining?

Our keeper deadline is a week before the draft. Pretty standard, 3 keepers, cost a pick two rounds higher than where they were selected, no limits on positions, players can be kept 3 years, players from round 1 & 2 can't be kept, undrafted fa cost a 12th.

Edited by gsmayes

Thanks Big John. I'm not sure what you're saying here. Would you mind explaining?

Under the first sinerio, if the player was drafted in the 5th round last year, it would cost a 3rd to keep him this year, then a 1st next year. If the price is above the 1st, he can't be kept.

Under the second sinerio, if you keep 1 player, it would cost you the first-round pick, regardless of where he was acquired. If you keep 2, it would cost the 1st and 2nd roundd picks, if keeping 3, it would cost the first 3 picks.

Under the first sinerio, if the player was drafted in the 5th round last year, it would cost a 3rd to keep him this year, then a 1st next year. If the price is above the 1st, he can't be kept.

Under the second sinerio, if you keep 1 player, it would cost you the first-round pick, regardless of where he was acquired. If you keep 2, it would cost the 1st and 2nd roundd picks, if keeping 3, it would cost the first 3 picks.

Gotcha. Thanks Big John!

Thanks in advance.

Set a rule in stone. The draft will vary from date to date each year. One week prior, two weeks prior, this should be decided collectively.

We always use August 1 as Keeper Designation Day. This way everyone has a chance to plan their draft strategy accordingly.