[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones hurt

PaulOttCarruth

And what does that mean exactly?

I strained mine once... pretty mildly. But I couldnt play basketball anymore that night. It lasted about 3 or 4 days before I could comfortably use it again. I could walk and all that, but the night of the strain, I couldnt even walk up my stairs. If its a strained calf, he outta be practicing by weeks end I would think.

NY Post is reporting today with a headline that says TJones may miss the season opener - but then they follow that up with a story with very little insight, mostly because Mangini won't discuss injuries (he won't even acknowledge which body part is injured), and injured Jets by team rule are not permittedto discuss their injuries with the media. They do say that TJones will miss this Friday's preseason game against the Vikings. They also had this from Drew Rosenhaus, his agent:

"He had an MRI on the right calf and it was determined that he has what is essentially a strin of the calf muscle. He said the doctor was vague in terms of how much time he would miss, but it would probabbly be a week-to-week injury." ROsenhaus went on to say that Jones was "confident he'd be ready" for the season opener against the Patriots, which is far more information than the tight-lipped Jets gave.

Jones spent yesterday's practice walking around with a slight limp, alternating between light calisthenics and working his arms on a stationary bike.

However, on sorts radio this afternoon, Mangini was talking with Mike Francesa and refused to rule out TJones for this Friday's game against the Vikings. :D

Your guess is as good as mine...

Aint no freakin way TJ plays this week. The Jets had no fewer than 7 players on the excersize bikes today, and of those 7, only Justin Miller and Kowalewski did any jogging. If Jones can't jog on a Tuesday, no way he plays never mind suits up for a Friday game. Yes, I went to Jets training camp today....

Edited by Rovers

I'm a Jets homer, and I would not draft TJ as my #2 RB. Not because of this injury, but because he won't get as many touches as most people seem to think, and the Jets O line can't run block worth a sheet between the tackles. If this injury caused you to have second thoughts about Jones, thank the FF gods.

Hmmm....

In all seriousness, assuming he's healthy all year I look for Thomas Jones to be a top 10 fantasy back at year's end. But like they say, opinions are like asssholes, everybody's got one.

Hmmm....

In all seriousness, assuming he's healthy all year I look for Thomas Jones to be a top 10 fantasy back at year's end. But like they say, opinions are like asssholes, everybody's got one.

Truer words have rarely been spoken, but when it comes to the Jets, I have two asssholes :D

Edited because: The correct spelling of assssholes turns into "el guapos" after being filtered....

Edited by Rovers