[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And With the 8th Pick

nhoops

Hey All,

I have the 8th pick in a 10 tean redraft, non ppr, serpentine draft, start QB /2 RB/ 2 WR/ TE standard scoring league

Assuming LT, Jackson, and Gore go top 3 and LJ, Addai, Alexander don't drop to me @ 8 I'll be looking at the following RB:

Parker, Westy, Rudi, R.Brown, Henry, Maroney, Bush.

Now one of these could go earlier and since I'm in Boston people are high on Maroney.

I love Parker and Westy's value but am fearfull of Westy's inj. history. Rudi has been consitant and is in a great offense but hasn't show that he can vault into top 5 status. Right now I'm ranking them:

Parker, Rudi, Westbrook.

For my second pick I was going to go RB, but that new article on the home page has me rethinking my strategy at this position.

Say I go Parker, and if available I could go Brown, Henry, or Maroney....that's a pretty good 1-2. Then I'd be looking at either Gates or a WR like Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Colston or Moss with my 3rd round pick.

Or I grab Steve Smith / Chad Johnson(not if I have Rudi)/ TO next then for my 3rd round I'd be looking at maybe Benson, Edge, Portis, Jacobs, McAllister for RB.

So what is more apealling:

1. Parker, Maroney, A. Johnson/Gates

2. Parker, Ch. Johnson, Portis

If Benson, drops I like #2 but my gut is still saying #1. If we started 3 WR then I'd probably go 2. This league typically has been RB heavy the 1st 2 rounds so Roy Williams could drop to me in the late 3rd.

Thoughts?

Tough decision between Parker or Henry with your #1 pick IMO. I actually like Henry more than Parker this year but I think I may be in the minority. There's a better chance of Henry being there for you with your 2nd than Parker being there so I'd probably go with Parker. I do like Parker a lot this year because of the way they plan on using him. Arians plans on using him more in the passing game and he's supposedly staying in more on 3rd downs. If Henry is still there on the way back up I'd obviously take him but I highly doubt he will be. I think Marnoney will probably be the best available at your #2 pick, but if Rudi, Westy or Brown are still there I would grab one of them in that order. So yeah your #1 option looks way more appealing to me.

Hey All,

I have the 8th pick in a 10 tean redraft, non ppr, serpentine draft, start QB /2 RB/ 2 WR/ TE standard scoring league

Assuming LT, Jackson, and Gore go top 3 and LJ, Addai, Alexander don't drop to me @ 8 I'll be looking at the following RB:

Parker, Westy, Rudi, R.Brown, Henry, Maroney, Bush.

Now one of these could go earlier and since I'm in Boston people are high on Maroney.

I love Parker and Westy's value but am fearfull of Westy's inj. history. Rudi has been consitant and is in a great offense but hasn't show that he can vault into top 5 status. Right now I'm ranking them:

Parker, Rudi, Westbrook.

For my second pick I was going to go RB, but that new article on the home page has me rethinking my strategy at this position.

Say I go Parker, and if available I could go Brown, Henry, or Maroney....that's a pretty good 1-2. Then I'd be looking at either Gates or a WR like Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Colston or Moss with my 3rd round pick.

Or I grab Steve Smith / Chad Johnson(not if I have Rudi)/ TO next then for my 3rd round I'd be looking at maybe Benson, Edge, Portis, Jacobs, McAllister for RB.

So what is more apealling:

1. Parker, Maroney, A. Johnson/Gates

2. Parker, Ch. Johnson, Portis

If Benson, drops I like #2 but my gut is still saying #1. If we started 3 WR then I'd probably go 2. This league typically has been RB heavy the 1st 2 rounds so Roy Williams could drop to me in the late 3rd.

Thoughts?

For your first pick it comes down to either Westy or Parker as I have them in a dead heat since this isn't PPR. outside of Henry the rest of those RBs aren't at the same level with these 2. Bush's value will drop greatly since this isn't PPR and Rudi, Brown and Maroney just won't compete numbers wise. I don't like your option #2 with Portis as the RB. I'm avoiding him at all costs this year, because drafting him means I need to draft Betts early. So I guess I like option 1.

I have the 10th pick in my PPR league and I'm thinking about taking the best available RB at #10, then S Smith/Chad Johnson at #11. When my 3rd comes around if Gates is still there he's mine and I'll take my 2nd RB with my 4th pick then. If Gates isn't there then I take best available RB/WR. I also might feel tempted to take 2 RBs with my first 2 picks depending on who falls. The guys in this league do some silly stuff, so I know Manning will be going in the 1st round pushing another Top RB down to me. So at worst 8 RBs will be gone before me leaving me to choose between 1 or 2 of these- Henry, Parker, Bush, Addai, Westy, SA. Cause I anticipate LT, SJax, Gore, LJ to be the 1st 4 to go. then manning will go somewhere between pick 5 and 7. Leaving me 2 options from the list above: Henry, Parker, Bush, Addai, Westy, SA. I'll have to decide whether to grab 2 of them at #10 and #11 or one of them and a WR. :D

Edited by irish

I have the 8th pick as well. I'll probably end up with Rudi J and I'm probably going to go with Steve Smith on the 2nd rd. As far as 3rd and 4th. Unless some fairly good RB comes back to me I'll probably be going WR and then Gates if available @ 33. Then take my chances on a fair #2 RB in the 5th with some upside. Its a gamble but maybe I get lucky. If nothing more I'll have a very Good WR core and top notch TE.

I have the 8th pick also in a 10 team re-draft non PPR league.

So far I'm thinking Henry & Benson.

However I am looking at parker for my first pick. Denver just has such an awesome schedule for RBs tho. My gut says Henry but it is a little more risky than Parker.

I have the 8th pick also in a 10 team re-draft non PPR league.

So far I'm thinking Henry & Benson.

However I am looking at parker for my first pick. Denver just has such an awesome schedule for RBs tho. My gut says Henry but it is a little more risky than Parker.

That would be much too early for Benson.

That would be much too early for Benson.

Why do you think that? He's ranked around 12th on many sites, will not be splitting time much, has a great schedule, and is on a great team that loves to run and has a defense that will keep the score down, allowing them to run. Plus he's looked great in camp and preseason. Who would you take with your second pick then?

Why do you think that? He's ranked around 12th on many sites, will not be splitting time much, has a great schedule, and is on a great team that loves to run and has a defense that will keep the score down, allowing them to run. Plus he's looked great in camp and preseason. Who would you take with your second pick then?

I definitely think Benson is primed for a big year, I just hope he can handle the full workload over the 16 weeks, which he hasn't done yet. At the 13th overall pick, albeit this is non PPR, so he could be an option but... Ronnie Brown, Willis McGahee and Maroney come to mind right off the bat if you want to take a 2nd RB. Although if you'd like to change it up S. Smith or Chad Johnson could work as well.

Edited by irish

Could you possibly get Rudi and henry both in the first two....that would be a potent RB combo IMO.....that option sounds better than RB / Steve Smith IMO !!

I would love that....I'm leaning towards Parker 1st. People have been burned by the Den RB hype in the past so he may slip but there is a savy drafter at 9 and a guy who just moved from Den @ 10, but we'll see.