[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I Join Hell's Angels?

SheikYerbuti

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy and be aware of the feminine hygiene sack that is driving in their rig acting like no one else is on the road. Them and yuppie wifes whom have no bidness driving oversized SUV's.

Want another Dyna WideGlide soon, very soon. Good call on taking the course.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

I live in Ventnor, I ride a Soft tail 04'. I do ride with a group but not down here. Ther are alot of good rides though once springtime gets here.

I have an idea. Why don't y'all come down for Bike Week. That would be cool. The Huddle Bike Week Gettogether. We'd have a blast!

I have an idea. Why don't y'all come down for Bike Week. That would be cool. The Huddle Bike Week Gettogether. We'd have a blast!

Maybe a good idea!

Yech!! Tthat's gruesome. 120 mph ... :moon: Man them Jap bikes make a ton of horsepower. :wacko: People just don't get it , you have to treat a bike like a loaded gun; A lot of fun but you better respect it because there usually isn't a second mistake. Reminds me of the kids that do the reverse wheelie thing, locking up the front brake so the back end goes up in the air. :D Almost had one land on me at a light last time I was at BW. :D

Uh, no. People made thoughtful or funny posts. That other guy made a stoopid, deragatory, and insulting comment about something he once again knows absolutely nothing about. Go re-read those threads, you'll see the difference. If if that post had been made by anyone, I would have commented, calling them out. However, in the other guy's case, this has been his MO for a long time, senseless, clueless drivel. So, I've chosen not to have to read it anymore.

Carry on. :wacko:

I gotta agree. I haven't even went out of my way to bash him or anything and have never had any real dialogue with him. I just don't like the "gotta have the last word on everything" and like you say, the use of emoticons, which I think are used because we're all supposed to think he's witty and clever. Sorry, I find it very annoying and put him on my ignore list a few days ago where he joined Grits, who I also find annoying and has been there a really long time. The two of them should enjoy each other's company wonderfully.

The problem with bikes is, When new riders get comfortable and start to push the envelope they usually don't last long. Riding you need to be very aware of your machine and your surroundings. Respect the power and keep your head on a swivel.

Nicely done. That's exactly what I meant. WOW!! To anyone thinking I'd be happy if someone died in a bike crash. Seriously, I can't imagine how you'd think that. :wacko:

Again the derogatory post I made was last August and have explained why I felt that why. I'm done here.

Hugh, you can still call me Irish. Saying "the other guy" is just so grammar school. Don't make me send you a PM asking if you like me- Bold yes or no to respond.

Just for H1

I bet that was the guy irewish wished death upon. :D

I am not sure why you keep blasting Irish in this thread. He was talking about the guy that was engaged to his sister and they decided to end their relationship. He never mentioned wishing death on the guy. He shares alot of my same thoughts about motorcycles that I had posted early in this thread when Sheik was thinking about getting his bike, so if you want to add some good comments to the thread great, but let's all move on.....

Seeing the recent link only backs up my claim about safety and the risk of death. The guy was an idiot riding at 120 mph, but if he was driving a car with a seat belt and air bags he may have survived a crash like that, but on a bike he was pretty much dead at impact. Bikes are just very dangerous no matter how good of a rider you may be.

I am very glad that Sheik is going about this the right way with focusing on bike safety and taking the class and being aware of his surroundings while he is riding. I am sure they are alot of fun to ride, but the shear fact you have no protection, except a helmet makes it something that I would not try or want to do for myself. Good luck with the new bike Sheik! :wacko:

Edited by PSULions

I am not sure why you keep blasting Irish in this thread. He was talking about the guy that was engaged to his sister and they decided to end their relationship. He never mentioned wishing death on the guy. He shares alot of my same thoughts about motorcycles that I had posted early in this thread when Sheik was thinking about getting his bike, so if you want to add some good comments to the thread great, but let's all move on.....

Seeing the recent link only backs up my claim about safety and the risk of death. The guy was an idiot riding at 120 mph, but if he was driving a car with a seat belt and air bags he may have survived a crash like that, but on a bike he was pretty much dead at impact. Bikes are just very dangerous no matter how good of a rider you may be.

I am very glad that Sheik is going about this the right way with focusing on bike safety and taking the class and being aware of his surroundings while he is riding. I am sure they are alot of fun to ride, but the shear fact you have now protection, except a helmet makes it something that I would not try or want to do for myself. Good luck with the new bike Sheik! :wacko:

For most guys i know it is a way of life, i have been riding since i was 16 legally. The problem now is the weekend riders that don't take the saftey courses etc. They are the ones taking unneeded risks. There is always a danger of some dimwit in a car not paying attention to the bike in front or behind them. You have to be very alert when riding in the city areas.

id join the Mongols not the angles.. but hay to each his own

:wacko::D

It's a likely story.... but I smell a rat, some kind of ruse to get me all riled up since this all hits kinda close to home... :wacko:

I am very glad that Sheik is going about this the right way with focusing on bike safety and taking the class and being aware of his surroundings while he is riding. I am sure they are alot of fun to ride, but the shear fact you have now protection, except a helmet makes it something that I would not try or want to do for myself. Good luck with the new bike Sheik! :wacko:

Thank you. It's interesting that you write "I am sure they are alot of fun to ride". When I was first kicking around the idea, I thought the same thing. I thought it would be a lot of fun. So far (and I've logged less than 200 miles since getting my motorcycle license) I haven't found it "fun" in the traditional sense. After my rides, I've been trying to explain to the Shiekette that being on the bike requires constant concentration. It's less like a blast of adreneline and more like a constant series of "what if" situations. What if this guy suddenly changes lanes? What if someone pulls out of that parking lot? What if the guy turning right at the upcoming light doesn't see me? If I was 20 (and therefore immortal), I'd probably be having a blast with the bike. But I'm 35 with a wife now. As anyone who is Jewish and 35 knows, every ache or pain is obviously cancer, and every mile on a motorcycle is a life threatening situation. It's is fun. . .but it's even more a responsibility.

As for the picture that NSab posted, I've seen that photo before. I was doing research a few months ago and came across one of many anti-motorcycle websites and there were dozens of pictures even more graphic and scary than that one. The truth is, 95% of the ex-riders in those pictures were riding crotch-rockets at ridiculous speeds and putting their risk factor through the roof. That's just Darwinism. As for me, the first time I got my bike over 55 mph, I thought the wind shear was going to rip me right off the seat. The thought of going 120 is just insane.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

I'm a bit late on this thread, but I have to say there's a ton of risk. I've been a paramedic for over almost 15 years and I've seen countless motorcycle accidents and numerous deaths. They come from two main categories that I've seen, and that's recklessness (too fast, taking chances), and riders getting hit by motorists who didn't see them.

I think there's alot of enjoyment to be had if you ride safely, but you have to be in a constant defensive mode. Always remember that NOBODY is looking for you on the road, and wear all your gear. I've never seen somebody walk away from a wreck over 35 mph that I can remember, they've all been carried away with injuries. You have no passenger containment with a bike, so your common injuries are extremity fractures, back injuries, and closed head injuries. Food for thought if you're a cautious type.

It's a likely story.... but I smell a rat, some kind of ruse to get me all riled up since this all hits kinda close to home... :wacko:

Actually, you couldn't be more off here. I may have been a bit over the top when it came to my response last August, however, it has nothing to do with you. If you were offended by some remark I made that you took to heart, I apologize for that. But like I said, my emotions are strictly based around my sister dating a punk, who was an animal on his bike and I was glad that they split up. I'm sorry if you lost someone close to you in a biking accident, my intentions were not meant (nor were they even close to meaning) that I want people to die from biking accidents. That's CRAZY!! End of story.

I haven't found it "fun" in the traditional sense. After my rides, I've been trying to explain to the Shiekette that being on the bike requires constant concentration. It's less like a blast of adreneline and more like a constant series of "what if" situations. What if this guy suddenly changes lanes? What if someone pulls out of that parking lot? What if the guy turning right at the upcoming light doesn't see me? If I was 20 (and therefore immortal), I'd probably be having a blast with the bike.

When you get a few miles on head to the mountains or some rural roads with no traffic, kick your feet up and smell the freedom in the air while you ride through the valleys ,fields, and past the watering holes. :D You just have to watch out for the deer, cows and tractors. :D

I've never seen somebody walk away from a wreck over 35 mph that I can remember, they've all been carried away with injuries.

Not trying to argue here; but here is my 2 cent story. I went down on a 4 lane state highway doing 55 after hitting a chunk of concrete on the road. There were a lot of them strewn across both lanes and no real way to avoid them all. I remember sliding on the asphalt and the friction burning through my leather gloves jeans and flesh, thank GOD the bike and myself ended up stopping on the double yellow , because it was morning rush and traffic was heavy in both directions. Walked away and actually rode the bike home bent up and with some road rash and a new found healthy respect for the highway. I was 22 and the bike was a little 360 ricer. IIt wasn't my time yet.

I rode as a volunteer emt here for a few years and saw few fatal mc mvas, compared to the # of fatal cage mvas. I know there are a lot more cars on the road, but I'm just sayin.

Still snow on the ground here, :wacko: and all this talk has me itchin for some saddle time.

:D

I'll talk to her about it this weekend ...

Wow. . .just for giggles I went to ebay and typed in "Toyota Echo". There's a wrecked one for 4 grand and one with 115,000 miles on it for $4700. Makes getting the bike look better and better. . . . now if I could just figure out where to put 3 bags of groceries. :wacko: