[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Turner

budlitebrad

Chargers' backup Turner has high ankle sprain

Michael Turner's injury suffered Saturday was a high ankle sprain.

He's out indefinitely. Turner was in line for a boost in touches this season, but may miss the first few games. The Chargers could use Darren Sproles as a change of pace for LaDainian Tomlinson or just keep LT2's workload high. Downgrade Turner in fantasy drafts. He was already being overvalued. Aug. 26 - 2:33 pm et

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/08/26/sports/professional/chargers/23_15_568_25_07.txt

I just don't believe in the handcuff theory. Now those that drafted Turner as a handcuff to LT basically threw that pick away.

I agree whole-heartedly. Hell, if LT stays healthy it's a wasted pick.

Michael Turner's injury suffered Saturday was a high ankle sprain.

Near bottom.

They may be jumping the gun though.

He's out indefinitely. Turner was in line for a boost in touches this season, but may miss the first few games. The Chargers could use Darren Sproles as a change of pace for LaDainian Tomlinson or just keep LT2's workload high. Downgrade Turner in fantasy drafts. He was already being overvalued.

I just don't believe in the handcuff theory. Now those that drafted Turner as a handcuff to LT basically threw that pick away.

Depends on what round he was drafted in. If you're looking at the likes of Lorenzo Booker, Ahmad Bradshaw and Jerome Harrison left on your list of rb's, and you're loaded up at the other positions, what are you supposed to do?

[/b]

Depends on what round he was drafted in. If you're looking at the likes of Lorenzo Booker, Ahmad Bradshaw and Jerome Harrison left on your list of rb's, and you're loaded up at the other positions, what are you supposed to do?

:D ... once you have filled out your starters and covered your bye weeks I see no problem rolling the dice on a player like Turner. How many drafts do you suppose Turner lasted that long?

:D ... once you have filled out your starters and covered your bye weeks I see no problem rolling the dice on a player like Turner. How many drafts do you suppose Turner lasted that long?

He has went steadily in the 8th round in most my leagues. IMO that was to high for him. I seen him more as a 10th or 11th rounder with a LT who has never been out a lenghty time in his careerin front of him.

I picked up Turner in the 12th round of my draft ( 17 rounds total). With Gore, Benson, Cad. Williams & Droughns, I feel it was a good chioce to fill a roster spot. If Turner makes it back at full health at sometime this season and the unforeseen happens ( LT gets hurt) I will now have another top 10 RB on my team. With that front line San Diego has, it would be hard to Turner not to average 50 -75 yds per game and a touchdown. I will never take anything away from LT but with that system and front line........... "Well Tuned Machine".

My FFL Roster:

Jon Kitna DET

Matt Schaub HOU

Brady Quinn CLE

Reuben Droughns NYG

Michael Turner SDG

Cedric Benson CHI

Carnell Williams TAM

Frank Gore SFO

Marvin Harrison IND

Joe Jurevicius CLE

Andre Johnson HOU

Kevin Curtis PHI

Vincent Jackson SDG

Calvin Johnson DET

Tony Scheffler DEN

Robbie Gould CHI

Def/ST New England Patriots

I picked up Turner in the 12th round of my draft ( 17 rounds total). With Gore, Benson, Cad. Williams & Droughns, I feel it was a good chioce to fill a roster spot. If Turner makes it back at full health at sometime this season and the unforeseen happens ( LT gets hurt) I will now have another top 10 RB on my team. With that front line San Diego has, it would be hard to Turner not to average 50 -75 yds per game and a touchdown. I will never take anything away from LT but with that system and front line........... "Well Tuned Machine".

My FFL Roster:

Jon Kitna DET

Matt Schaub HOU

Brady Quinn CLE

Reuben Droughns NYG

Michael Turner SDG

Cedric Benson CHI

Carnell Williams TAM

Frank Gore SFO

Marvin Harrison IND

Joe Jurevicius CLE

Andre Johnson HOU

Kevin Curtis PHI

Vincent Jackson SDG

Calvin Johnson DET

Tony Scheffler DEN

Robbie Gould CHI

Def/ST New England Patriots

:D

It is more likely that you will never start Turner and will have effectively thrown your 12th round pick away on the prayer that LT would get hurt.

It is more likely that you will never start Turner and will have effectively thrown your 12th round pick away on the prayer that LT would get hurt.

I am not worried if he ever plays. I am happy with my starters. Gore is going to have a killer year. Benson and Cad. Williams are great #2 backs. Its only a plus to have Turner at this point.

I am not worried if he ever plays. I am happy with my starters. Gore is going to have a killer year. Benson and Cad. Williams are great #2 backs. Its only a plus to have Turner at this point.

In my local I drafted LT 1st ... in the 12th I drafted Alex Smith as my back up QB. I think I will be happier with my 12th pick then you ever will.

It's called insurance. If LT does go down, you're screwed. If you have Turner you're not. What that's worth is up for debate, but it's certainly not worth nothing as you are implying.

In my local I drafted LT 1st ... in the 12th I drafted Alex Smith as my back up QB. I think I will be happier with my 12th pick then you ever will.

If you're happy with Alex Smith as your fantasy quarterback then you're probably doing something wrong. You can pick up spare pars qb's on the waiver wire at anytime.

If you're happy with Alex Smith as your fantasy quarterback then you're probably doing something wrong. You can pick up spare pars qb's on the waiver wire at anytime.

I like Alex Smith as a back up and in deep leagues, 9 times out of 10, you won't be able to grab someone close as good off the WW. But this is getting off topic...

I like Alex Smith as a back up and in deep leagues, 9 times out of 10, you won't be able to grab someone close as good off the WW. But this is getting off topic...

To bring it back in, I think a backup runningback with starting ability is worth more than a fantasy backup quarterback. Way more upside in my opinion. Then again, I don't think Alex Smith is ever going to light the league on fire with his baby hands.