[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody ever heard of the Jena 6?

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

So 6 black kids beat a white kid to death... right?

... but they're innocent?

And the black parents didn't know anything about thier kids in school? SHOCKING!!!!

No dummy, they beat him, he suffered a minor concussion, and he went to a school function that night. And now they're facing up to 100 years in jail. But thanks for playing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So your cool with a school fight that ends up in minor injuries resulting in 100 year jail time?

Isnt it spread among 6 people? If its a "hate crime" as it sounds, I dont have any problem with them being handed a 33 year sentence of which they will serve maybe 20 years.

Well said. They should only have that option if YOU are teaching the class. Ignorance is something you could probably teach them along with the reading part. Good job, and way to rep for the idiots out there in America. I was beginning to think there were not too many of u left!

You have no idea of the depths of B8Tank's ignorance. Not reading articles and simply reacting to the title is just one of the entertaining things that come from his damaged cerebellum.

Isnt it spread among 6 people? If its a "hate crime" as it sounds, I dont have any problem with them being handed a 33 year sentence of which they will serve maybe 20 years.

Read the wikipedia. There were many school fights leading up to this one that went un-prosecuted, even though everyone there was wearing deadly weapons on thier feet.

It's kinda crazy that he is exposed to MUCH more racism for people of color than any white person he has come across.

White people tend to be more rationale as a whole and are simply better educated people. If a black person walks through a white neighborhood at 2 in the morning the residents of the white community will leave him alone. A white boy walking through a black neighborhood is likely to get the crap kicked out of him.

What those kids did was in RESPONSE to a hate crime.

So hanging a noose in a tree = getting beaten by 6 black people to a point death is probable.

Gotcha! Thanks for wearing your colors out in the open so we know where the racist is. :tip:

Oh, and your hate crime link? Weaksauce... they were convicted, what more do you want?

Here is a hatecrime... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Oliver_Denny What did they get?

READ this A REAL HATE CRIME if you wanna know what a hate crime is. What those kids did was in RESPONSE to a hate crime.

So would you rather look at a noose and get, oh no!, offended. Or would you rather get jumped, knocked out and sent to the hospital by 5 people that hate you for your color? I have been the victim of that kind of racist violence. I learned early on not to wander around my neighborhood without my skateboard. If I was black I would have not had to cary around a weapon. That is a hate crime and no adolescent should have to live thier lives in fear for thier physical well being due to the ignorance and racist upbringing of someone else. I can tell you one thing, my child wont.

It can't be a hate crime if it is black people [or any non-white] performing the act. Only when a white person does it. Get yer facts straight.

If you all wanna sit here and cry about crap like this then read here: West Memphis 3

Its not just blacks that this happens to in the south.....

Dang JJ, you get banged by a black priest?

Listen, there is a difference between scum of whatever race and what is happening to these boys. There is a bias form a MEMBER OF THE LAW. In those cases above, no doubt the perp will be convicted and sent to prison, and deservedly so, as are many white, red and yellow men.

But the article, if you would watch it, shows an uneven hand in a government entity, a place were clearly all men are NOT created equal. These fights involved kids of both races, yet the white kid gets a handslap, and the black kids are sent to prison. I don't care what race you are, my America is about equality under the law.

Now if you want to argue the whites AND black BOTH deserve to be sent to prison for high school brawls, them have at it. But pointing out there is horrific black on white crime is not connected with this situation.

But the article, if you would watch it, shows an uneven hand in a government entity, a place were clearly all men are NOT created equal. These fights involved kids of both races, yet the white kid gets a handslap, and the black kids are sent to prison. I don't care what race you are, my America is about equality under the law.

The previous fights involved equally numbered and willing participants. This kid was singled out and jumped 5 to 1. What white kid are you talking about with the handslap?

The previous fights involved equally numbered and willing participants. This kid was singled out and jumped 5 to 1. What white kid are you talking about with the handslap?

The wikipedia article:

On Friday, December 1, there was a private party, attended mostly by whites, at the Fair Barn. Five black youths, including 16-year-old Robert Bailey, attempted to enter the party at about 11pm. According to U.S. Attorney Washington, they were told by a woman that they were not allowed inside without an invitation. The five youth persisted, stating that some friends were already in the party. A white man, not a student,[3] then jumped in front of the woman and began a fight. The fight was broken up and the woman told both the white man and five black youth to leave the party. Once outside, the black students were involved in another fight with a group of white men, not students.[3] Police were called to investigate. Several months later, Justin Sloan, a white male, was charged with simple battery for his role in the fight and was put on probation. Bailey later stated that one of the white men broke a beer bottle over his head,[4] but there are no records of medical treatment being given.[3]

So calliing this SLoan guy a "kid" may have been inaccurate, but there's you handslap.

Edited by cre8tiff

The wikipedia article:

So calliing this SLoan guy a "kid" may have been inaccurate, but there's you handslap.

Not even related to the jumping at the school. Those kids were crashing a party and got thier asses kicked by one guy.