[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kind of a BLOCKBUSTER

Shorttynaz

My team is in my signature..

I have been offered :

#1 - - - -- - - - - - - -

M Colston

M Jones-Drew

FOR

M Leinart (Leaving me with Palmer and no one)

S Holmes

C Benson

OR (from the same team - different offer)

#2 - - - - - - - - -

T Romo (leaving me with Romo / Leinart)

L Evans

M Jones-Drew

FOR

C Palmer

S Holmes

C Benson

Would you do either one? I'm leaning towards the first one, but the 2nd one I'd be getting a better WR

Intriguing. The first trade gets you a good WR and good RB and you give up an unproven RB, decent WR and a decent QB. Depending on your scoring, QBs (unless the top 3) are replaceable. And you still have Palmer. I'm not sold on Benson. I could be wrong, but I just don't see him being a fantasy stud this year. Injury prone and he's never played a full year as the full time RB. Next, I think Colston is better than Holmes. I would make this trade.

The second trade isn't way off the mark, but it falls short. First, Palmer is more valuable than Romo. Second, Evans and Holmes are about the same. Third, you get the better RB in MJD than Benson for the reasons above. 1 of 3 in your favor equals no deal.

My team is in my signature..

I have been offered :

#1 - - - -- - - - - - - -

M Colston

M Jones-Drew

FOR

M Leinart (Leaving me with Palmer and no one)

S Holmes

C Benson

OR (from the same team - different offer)

#2 - - - - - - - - -

T Romo (leaving me with Romo / Leinart)

L Evans

M Jones-Drew

FOR

C Palmer

S Holmes

C Benson

Would you do either one? I'm leaning towards the first one, but the 2nd one I'd be getting a better WR

#1 I would'nt be trading for Colston until the knee thing is figured out..

#2 I don't like. Evans I like better than Holmes (who I also like but not as much) but if I'm you, I'm not trading Carson unless the deal is alot sweeter than this one.

I'd take the first trade. Colston has already returned to practice and may even play in the 4th pre-season game. I think MJD is a substantial upgrade from Benson, since MJD, though sharing with Fred Taylor, will get the bulk of the playing time and a ton of receptions. And you're in a PPR league. MJD's projections are in the top 10 in PPR. see more here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/ppr.html

Holmes and Colston in terms of value are no comparison, and I think you can pick up a backup QB when someone on the waiver pops up.

Edited by maxoshea

I would do the first one, but I dont like the second one.

P.S.: I just created a new fantasy football forum. We are trying to get new members. I am still working on some of it. If you have any fantasy questions feel free to ask them on the site! Thanks!

http://fantasyfootballheaven.freeforums.org/

I'd take the first trade. Colston has already returned to practice and may even play in the 4th pre-season game. I think MJD is a substantial upgrade from Benson, since MJD, though sharing with Fred Taylor, will get the bulk of the playing time and a ton of receptions. And you're in a PPR league. MJD's projections are in the top 10 in PPR. see more here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/ppr.html

Holmes and Colston in terms of value are no comparison, and I think you can pick up a backup QB when someone on the waiver pops up.

Wish these forums were pay. :D

The first trade is much more appealing.

To the guy who said Lee Evans and Santonio Holmes are the same, you're an idiot.

Lee Evans is far better than Santonio, and will have a much better fantasy season.

A huddle projection...

Evans 90 1290 9

Holmes 74 1160 6

They're not fact, but hardly worth name calling, and not exactly a "much" better year...

The first trade is much more appealing.

To the guy who said Lee Evans and Santonio Holmes are the same, you're an idiot.

Lee Evans is far better than Santonio, and will have a much better fantasy season.

Well considering the projections for this year have them separated by 31 points doesn't exactly point to a much better season. Factor in JP Losman versus Big Ben and that gap may narrow a bit. Add to that Evans has no other viable WR opposite him to relieve any pressure where Holmes has Ward. Then look at Holmes' rookie year, that would be last year, where he only started the last 4 games, topped 80 yards in 3 of the final 4 and topped 100 in the last game to finish the year with 2 TDs and 824 yards. That's more than half the yards Evans got by starting all year, and this is Evans' 4th season I believe. Do the math. And Holmes was second only to Colston for rookie WRs.

I would think he will do much better playng a full season as the starter with a better QB throwing the ball and not being the only option on which the defense will key.

Evans is projected to have 1 more TD and 2 less yards this season. If last season was his breakout, then what's this season with the same numbers? Last season he had 1 monster game of 265 yards. That pads the stats nicely, but it's hardly the norm and can be considered an aberration. In fact, other than that game he only topped 100 two other times. Buffalo has a tough schedule which also goes against him.

So call me what you will, but looking at the numbers, I just don't see a giant disparity between the two. Certainly not enough to warrant the trade, which is what the question was to begin with.

Good luck this year!