[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Annual NFL Predictions

Menudo

The lions are worse then last year, if that's possible. No chance they win 7 games. Their Defense is worse, their O-line can't block, they don't have a running game to slow things down in the 4th when they do have a league, and their D-line isn't all that either.

It's going to be awful.

• 2 weeks later...

O.k., it only took one week, and I've changed my mind:

The Pittsburgh Steelers will win the Super Bowl this year, and be the first to start putting rings on the other hand !!!!!

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

:D

Also, H8tank, do you want to just send me the $100 now, or should we go through the formality of the season first ? :D

Edited by Menudo

Seattle, 8-8......... seriously? would love to see the games you have them losing

outta yer blind The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY mind here..........

Vegas had the Seahawks over/under set at 9 Wins. So, I don't think my prediction of 8 is that 'out there'

• 2 weeks later...

O.k. So, after 3 weeks:

These Teams Appear To Be Better Than I Thought

Dallas Cowboys (10-6) - Right now, it is hard to argue against them as the best team in the NFC.

Green Bay Packers (7-9) - The Defense has come together, and they are looking good.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) - The team is playing solid football, and should easily surpass my prediction.

Seattle Seahawks (8-8) - Still not consistent enough, but, probably get more than 8 wins.

Arizona Cardinals (6-10) - Though they are 1-2, their defense has been better than I anticipated.

New England Patriots (12-4) - They are even better than the 12-4 I predicted.

Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) - Imagine that, I under-valued the Pittsburgh Steelers. :wacko:

Tennessee Titans (6-10) - Shame on me. They will probably flip that prediction around. :D

Houston Texans (3-13) - Wow, I suck at this.... :wacko:

Oakland Raiders (3-13) - Despite only one win, this Raiders team has improved a great deal.

These Teams Appear To Be Worse Than I thought

New Orleans Saints (11-5) - I think they would make anyone's list

Atlanta Falcons (6-10) - Played pretty well last week, but, I see them coming up short more often than not

St. Louis Rams (8-8) - It doesn't look good for the Rams right now

Buffalo Bills (5-11) - I'll be surprised if they get to 5 wins. They look pretty bad.

San Diego Chargers (13-3) - Wow. My Super Bowl pick doesn't look good right now.

Denver Broncos (12-4) - Not looking anywhere near the team that I expected to see.

These Teams Appear To Be Close To What I Predicted

Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) - Nice bounce back last week. They still have some weapons.

New York Giants (8-8) - Seems close.

Washington Redskins (7-9) - Despite the 2-1 start, I still think I'll be close here

Chicago Bears (9-7) - Looks pretty good with their injuries

Detroit Lions (7-9) - Last week, I would have had them in the 'Better than I thought' group

Minnesota Vikings (5-11) - Seems close.

Carolina Panthers (9-7) - Impressive 1st game, not so much since.

San Francisco 49'ers (8-8) - Inconsistent on offense.

New York Jets (8-8) - Seems close

Miami Dolphins (7-9) - Last week makes me keep them here.

Baltimore Ravens (10-6) - Still solid enough on defense.

Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) - Offense still good enough to get some wins.

Cleveland Browns (6-10) - Seems close

Indianapolis Colts (12-4) - Seems close

Jacksonville Jaguars (10-6) - Not always pretty, but, they win

Kansas City Chiefs (6-10) - I'm still sticking to it, though I almost put them in the 'worse than I thought' group

I'm not giving up on my predictions, but, if I could pick now, it would be:

AFC

Division Winners: Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Chargers

Wildcards: Ravens, Titans

Champs: Patriots

NFC

Division Winners: Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Panthers

Wildcards: Eagles, Bears

Champs: Cowboys

Super Bowl: Patriots over Cowboys :D

Boring pick, I know, but, I don't know how I could go with anyone else.

Edited by Menudo

AFC

Division Winners: Colts, Steelers, Patriots, Chargers

Wildcards: Ravens, Titans

Champs: Patriots

NFC

Division Winners: Cowboys, Bears, Seahawks, Panthers

Wildcards: Eagles, Bears

Champs: Cowboys

Super Bowl: Patriots over Cowboys :D

Boring pick, I know, but, I don't know how I could go with anyone else.

:D

A lot of the high flying teams before the season started have had the wheels fall off their teams. So doing an amended set of predictions is a good idea given we know a little about each of the teams given 3 games into the season.

I think the Steelers have replaced the Chargers as the third elite team in the AFC to go along with the Pats and the Colts. Having seen the Texans the other week, I was impressed with them and I think they will definitely fight for one of the Wildcard spots, but I like the Titans a little more, so it will be tough for them with both the Colts, Jags and the Titans twice this year, so it will be interesting. Looks like the AFC South could be the toughest division in football from early returns.

The Bears will be better with Griese at QB so it will be interesting to see if they start showing some signs of life and start winning some games to make up some ground chasing the Packers. This weeks game against the Bucs will be important to see who will take the early lead in the NFC South. The Panthers have been terrible at home lately with 3 straight bad losses to end last season and the game vs. the Texans and seem to play better on the road, so I hope we can come up with a good effort on Sunday, but I am not sure. :D

The NFC West looks bad with any of the teams showing much and the Rams could be in trouble with their 0-3 start and now no SJax for a few weeks. If I had to make a guess I would say the Seahawks or possible the 49ers, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck on either of them.

The Cowboys are really the only team in the NFC that looks like they can compete with the top teams in the AFC, but hasn't really had their D tested yet as the Giants put up 35 on them and that would be my biggest concern with them, but they will likely post a record of 11-5 or so and have home field for the NFC Playoffs.

Should be a fun season!! :D