[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Annual NFL Predictions

Menudo

O.k. As in previous years, I have went through the NFL schedule picking each game, and trying not to think about a team's record as I do it, just going with my picks week to week and then adding it all up. As usual, not everyone will agree with these, and most homers will think I didn't give their team enough wins. Also, some will think I was too safe, and some will think I'm nuts. Not to worry, I've never been 100% accurate on these :D

Anyway, here we go:

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) Division Winner #2 Seed [TB #4 - Conference Games]

2. Dallas Cowboys (10-6) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. New York Giants (8-8)

4. Washington Redskins (7-9)

NFC North

1. Chicago Bears (9-7) Division Winner #3 Seed

2. Detroit Lions (7-9)

3. Green Bay Packers (7-9)

4. Minnesota Vikings (5-11)

NFC South

1. New Orleans Saints (11-5) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. Carolina Panthers (9-7) Wildcard #6 Seed

3. Atlanta Falcons (6-10)

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

NFC West

1. St. Louis Rams (8-8) Division Winner #4 Seed [3 Way TB # 3 - Common Games]

2. Seattle Seahawks (8-8)

3. San Francisco 49'ers (8-8)

4. Arizona Cardinals (6-10)

AFC East

1. New England Patriots (12-4) Division Winner #2 Seed [#2 Seed over Indianapolis on TB #1 Head to Head]

2. New York Jets (8-8)

3. Miami Dolphins (7-9)

4. Buffalo Bills (5-11)

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens (10-6) Division Winner #4 Seed [TB #3 Common Opponents]

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) Wildcard #6 Seed [#6 Seed over Jacksonville on TB #1 Head to Head]

3. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)

4. Cleveland Browns (6-10)

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts (12-4) Division Winner #3 Seed

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-6)

3. Tennessee Titans (6-10)

4. Houston Texans (3-13)

AFC West

1. San Diego Chargers (13-3) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. Denver Broncos (12-4) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. Kansas City Chiefs (6-10)

4. Oakland Raiders (3-13)

Awards

MVP = LaDainian Tomlinson

Offensive POY = Peyton Manning

Defensive POY = Troy Polamalu

ROY = Calvin Johnson

Wildcard Playoffs

#3 Chicago Bears over #6 Carolina Panthers

#5 Dallas Cowboys over #4 St. Louis Rams

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #6 Pittsburgh Steelers

#5 Denver Broncos over #4 Baltimore Ravens

Divisional Playoffs

#1 New Orleans Saints over #5 Dallas Cowboys

#2 Philadelphia Eagles over #3 Chicago Bears

#1 San Diego Chargers over #5 Denver Broncos

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #2 New England Patriots

Championship Games

#1 New Orleans Saints over #2 Philadelphia Eagles

#1 San Diego Chargers over #3 Indianapolis Colts

Super Bowl

San Diego Chargers 38

New Orleans Saints 17

MVP - Phillip Rivers

.........and there you have it.

Wow, I actually like the list overall, but SB reps are CINN vs. DAL.

Cincinnati's defense is going to be a major problem, especially against the pass. Their offense is potent though, but, I think their defense gets them in trouble.

Dallas has a shot in the much weaker overall, NFC, where nothing would surprise me too much.

Interesting, although I don't see the Saints and their not-that-great defense winning the NFC, while the Bears only manage 9 wins in a bad division. Right now, it looks like Dallas is the most complete team in the NFC.

Still, a solid set of predictions.

Edited by Bill Swerski

yah, you're nutty :D

buuut...last year I remember you somewhat nailed the NFC South (i dont remember your projected records but i remember you picked the Saints to beat out ATL, and EVERYONE thought you were nuts)

but this year

NFC South

again, i think you're nuts, so you'll probably be right again. ATL over TB this year? you're so nutty, you should be an ice cream flavor. No way ATL gets more wins than TB..just no way. I wouldn't be shocked to see ATL go 2-14

edit: and sorry Kerwin, this was not intended for your eyes :D

Edited by LooGie

You, just like everyone else, is sleeping on Buffalo this year... But thats ok. Youll see. :D

Yes, I will see.....

I will see them in person in 3 weeks, getting a beat-down laid on them by the Steelers at Heinz Field.

You know, the only quibble I have besides the Miami prediction (how could you predict more than 4 wins? right now they remind me of a Dave Shula-coached Bengals team from the '90s) is that as much as I hate to say it, I don't see the AFC North being all that strong this year. Competitive, absolutely ... but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if 9-7 wins the division this year, or that no wild card team comes from there. And I think it's a toss-up as to who wins -- I am not about to argue that the Bengals D doesn't worry me. It does. A lot. And not just the secondary.

Doesn't mean we can't do a friendly sigline bet when the time comes, though. :D

(Although I think you should still have your Steelers winning it all, even if you don't see it happening. I mean, there are some things I've come to count on in this world, and your never-ending optimistic homerism is one of them. :D )

(Although I think you should still have your Steelers winning it all, even if you don't see it happening. I mean, there are some things I've come to count on in this world, and your never-ending optimistic homerism is one of them. :D )

You might be onto something here. In past years, this thread would be up to 3 or 4 pages by now, because, I had always picked the Steelers to win it all. :D

I'd love to agree with you, but I don't see them doing that without a halfway decent DT.
Every year people say it isn't going to be this year because the Colts lost <insert key player(s)> on defense and yet in recent years they still do good during the season. I won't deny that the defense is a liability, but they put things together when it counted last year so the homer in me will root for them again this year.

Realistically though, New England and San Diego also both look like good picks for the playoffs, at least now and on paper. I don't like Baltimore, Denver, or Pittsburg (sorry Menudo) to go all the way.

Every year people say it isn't going to be this year because the Colts lost <insert key player(s)> on defense and yet in recent years they still do good during the season. I won't deny that the defense is a liability, but they put things together when it counted last year so the homer in me will root for them again this year.

If you're relying on a below-average defense to "flip the switch" once again and play at a much higher level than they did during the regular season, you're most likely going to be disappointed. There's no doubt that the Colts will be competitive and probably with the AFC South once again, but keep in mind that last year was the first time in the last SEVEN playoff years that they've gotten through the AFC. I'll be rooting for them as well, but I'm not going to pretend that having a gaping hole in the middle of their D-line and absolutely awful coverage teams isn't a major problem.

Realistically though, New England and San Diego also both look like good picks for the playoffs, at least now and on paper. I don't like Baltimore, Denver, or Pittsburg (sorry Menudo) to go all the way.

The AFC is very competitive right now. I'd put Baltimore on the same tier as NE and SD.

Edited by Bill Swerski

O.k. As in previous years, I have went through the NFL schedule picking each game, and trying not to think about a team's record as I do it, just going with my picks week to week and then adding it all up. As usual, not everyone will agree with these, and most homers will think I didn't give their team enough wins. Also, some will think I was too safe, and some will think I'm nuts. Not to worry, I've never been 100% accurate on these :D

Anyway, here we go:

NFC East

1. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6) Division Winner #2 Seed [TB #4 - Conference Games]

2. Dallas Cowboys (10-6) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. New York Giants (8-8)

4. Washington Redskins (7-9)

NFC North

1. Chicago Bears (9-7) Division Winner #3 Seed

2. Detroit Lions (7-9)

3. Green Bay Packers (7-9)

4. Minnesota Vikings (5-11)

NFC South

NFC West

1. St. Louis Rams (8-8) Division Winner #4 Seed [3 Way TB # 3 - Common Games]

2. Seattle Seahawks (8-8)

3. San Francisco 49'ers (8-8)

4. Arizona Cardinals (6-10)

AFC East

1. New England Patriots (12-4) Division Winner #2 Seed [#2 Seed over Indianapolis on TB #1 Head to Head]

2. New York Jets (8-8)

3. Miami Dolphins (7-9)

4. Buffalo Bills (5-11)

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens (10-6) Division Winner #4 Seed [TB #3 Common Opponents]

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6) Wildcard #6 Seed [#6 Seed over Jacksonville on TB #1 Head to Head]

3. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)

4. Cleveland Browns (6-10)

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts (12-4) Division Winner #3 Seed

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-6)

3. Tennessee Titans (6-10)

4. Houston Texans (3-13)

AFC West

1. San Diego Chargers (13-3) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. Denver Broncos (12-4) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. Kansas City Chiefs (6-10)

4. Oakland Raiders (3-13)

Awards

MVP = LaDainian Tomlinson

Offensive POY = Peyton Manning

Defensive POY = Troy Polamalu

ROY = Calvin Johnson

Wildcard Playoffs

#3 Chicago Bears over #6 Carolina Panthers

#5 Dallas Cowboys over #4 St. Louis Rams

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #6 Pittsburgh Steelers

#5 Denver Broncos over #4 Baltimore Ravens

Divisional Playoffs

#1 New Orleans Saints over #5 Dallas Cowboys

#2 Philadelphia Eagles over #3 Chicago Bears

#1 San Diego Chargers over #5 Denver Broncos

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #2 New England Patriots

Championship Games

#1 New Orleans Saints over #2 Philadelphia Eagles

#1 San Diego Chargers over #3 Indianapolis Colts

Super Bowl

San Diego Chargers 38

New Orleans Saints 17

MVP - Phillip Rivers

.........and there you have it.

I agree.

I love that you said Muendo made two typos. Not sure if you spelled Menudo like that on purpose but it cracks me up either way. :D

I jumped on here right away to see if he picked the Steelers. Maybe he's trying not to jynx them...

I too agree with everything except Muendo made two typos. The AFC and SuperBowl champions will be spelled C-O-L-T-S.