[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison suspended 4 games....per Rotoworld

hutchprime

From NFL.com:

"Harrison's name came up in federal and New York state investigations into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers, ESPN reported."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

And there we have it. CAUGHT. He admitted his guilt to federal investigators, then to the NFL. He's supposed to get credit for that? BULL

No he gets credit for coming right out and addressing the situation himself. He did not hide behind a lawyer or make an excuse.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he were a colt you would be saying something else.

Him being on the field helps his team out.

You really think that's why he did it? Really? Really, really? So he was thinking "I know this is illegal and against league rules, but my teammates need me out there so I'll go against all my morals and better judgment and do it for the guys?"

Really?

I fundamentally disagree with the "This guy's a POS and we know it but if he was on your team you'd love him" theory.

He's a colts fan...

And yes, Rodney Harrison is a guy that you hate when he's not on your team, but you know you'd love to have him in your secondary.

He's an all time great.

Darren Woodson was called a cheapshot...

Sean Taylor is considered a cheapshot...

I've even heard Brian Dawkins called a cheapshot...

Lame.

He's a colts fan...

And yes, Rodney Harrison is a guy that you hate when he's not on your team, but you know you'd love to have him in your secondary.

He's an all time great.

Lame.

I disagree. I don't like dirty players whether their on my team or others. Actually, I hate them even MORE when they're on my team.

Sean Taylor is a POS who spits on people and not a whole lot more. Ain't done nothin' in this league.

No he gets credit for coming right out and addressing the situation himself. He did not hide behind a lawyer or make an excuse.

OK, so on a scale of one to a hundred, I'll give him .01 of a point for not "Mike Vicking" himself by denying it and lying to the NFL and his team and the public.

But the cynic in me says he did this not because he was being forthright, but because he saw the backlash against Vick and was advised by counsel to pre-empt the NFL with a mea culpa for the prupose of damage control.

I disagree. I don't like dirty players whether their on my team or others. Actually, I hate them even MORE when they're on my team.

Sean Taylor is a POS who spits on people and not a whole lot more. Ain't done nothin' in this league.

:D Hear, hear! Just because YOU don't care doesn't me we dont.

So which hard hitting safety hasn't been called dirty?

As far as the Sean Taylor comment goes... What do you do on Sundays, because you're obviously not watching football.

I guess players that "aint done nothin in this league" go to pro bowls... :D Oh silly.

As far as the Sean Taylor comment goes... What do you do on Sundays, because you're obviously not watching football.

I guess players that "aint done nothin in this league" go to pro bowls... :D Oh silly.

While it's true that every safety may have been called dirty at one time or another, what we're talking about here is a pattern of behavior. Plays happen in a plit second and things sometimes happen. The guys you mentioned have been called cheap, but not repeatedly fined and suspended to the degree that Harrison has.

His behavior is well-documented and career-long. It's a character thing.

Wow... So now a guy who plead guilty to felonies is getting compared to Rodney Harrison who used HGH to heal faster...

C'mon. You know I'm comparing his behavior in the face of being caught, not the crimes themselves. The red herring is the last resort of the defeated.

While it's true that every safety may have been called dirty at one time or another, what we're talking about here is a pattern of behavior. Plays happen in a plit second and things sometimes happen. The guys you mentioned have been called cheap, but not repeatedly fined and suspended to the degree that Harrison has.

His behavior is well-documented and career-long. It's a character thing.

So is a difference between Woody and Harrison?

I'm sure there are plenty of NFC East fans that would argue that Woody was dirty...

And I'm interested to see you back up your Sean Taylor comment...

Hard Hitting != Aiming for Knees

Lots of players who've never won anything go to the pro bowl. Heck, Mike Vick went and I remain unconvinced to this day that he was ever a 'good' quarterback in this league.

This in no way changes my opinion that Sean Taylor is a POS or that he's never proven to me that he's a great player. He will never be in the HoF.

I'm sure there are plenty of NFC East fans that would argue that Woody was dirty...

The Sean Taylor comment wasn't me, sorry.

If he were a colt you would be saying something else.

No, I wouldn't. I've been on record here stating that I couldn't stand Mike Vanderjagt because of his mouth (back when he actually was an elite kicker). And that's a hell of a lot more benign than intentionally trying to injure somebody on the field or cheating with banned substances.

Hard Hitting != Aiming for Knees

Lots of players who've never won anything go to the pro bowl. Heck, Mike Vick went and I remain unconvinced to this day that he was ever a 'good' quarterback in this league.

This in no way changes my opinion that Sean Taylor is a POS or that he's never proven to me that he's a great player. He will never be in the HoF.

Dan Marino never won anything.

Mike Vick wasn't good in a conventional sense, but you have to look at how dynamic he was and how much of a game changer he was... But thats another topic that has been discussed way too much.

What does Sean Taylor have to do to prove he's great? Block kicks at the end of two cowboys games in a single season? I see your point on Harrison and cheating, but saying Taylor hasn't proven anything is jumping the shark...

The Sean Taylor comment wasn't me, sorry.

I apologize.

Again, I'm going to draw a distinction between a guy that the fans a a couple teams think is dirty because of the results of a play or two and a guy that is almost universally seen as a dirty player because of a career-long pattern of that type of behavior.

Again, I'm going to draw a distinction between a guy that the fans a a couple teams think is dirty because of the results of a play or two and a guy that is almost universally seen as a dirty player because of a career-long pattern of that type of behavior.

No, whenever that hugh Woodson suspension came down everyone was calling him dirty...

Dan Marino never won anything.

Mike Vick wasn't good in a conventional sense, but you have to look at how dynamic he was and how much of a game changer he was... But thats another topic that has been discussed way too much.

What does Sean Taylor have to do to prove he's great? Block kicks at the end of two cowboys games in a single season? I see your point on Harrison and cheating, but saying Taylor hasn't proven anything is jumping the shark...

I apologize.

:D Marino played in three AFC championship games, a Super Bowl and holds or held almost every significant passing record in the league.

:D Marino played in three AFC championship games, a Super Bowl and holds or held almost every significant passing record in the league.

I was simply pointing out that because he never won the big one, it doesn't lessen anything he did.

You can't judge a safety by how many wins or losses he has.

I was simply pointing out that because he never won the big one, it doesn't lessen anything he did.

You can't judge a safety by how many wins or losses he has.

Cool. Hey, we may disagree on a lot of this stuff, but I love sparring with 'ya! :D

He's a colts fan...

He's an all time great.

Lame.

Darren Woodson was never considered a cheap shot artist. he would put it to you if you came over the middle, but he wasnt a dirty player like this POS Harrison. Don't you ever compare Woodson, Dawkins to Rodney Harrison. Harrison is as dirty a player as Romanowski, just at a different position. Id be embarassed to have a player like this on my team.