[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rodney Harrison suspended 4 games....per Rotoworld

hutchprime

NFL suspended S Rodney Harrison four games for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Harrison, who has been plagued by injuries in the last few years, admitted to federal investigators that he obtained Human Growth Hormone (HGH) and did the same to commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday. The Pats will now turn to either James Sanders or rookie Brandon Meriweather at strong safety.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

I think this has less to do with him trying to get an unfair advantage and more to do with him trying to recover from injuries.

Regardless, the cheapshot artist got caught cheating. He was always a dirty player...now he's a cheater as well.

Meh, every hard hitting safetey is considered a cheap shot artist.

I have no problem with hard-hitting safeties. Rodney Harrison is not a hard-hitting safety, he's a cheap-shot bastage. The evidence is voluminous. Ronnie Lott would never pass up a chance to rock somebody with a big hit by diving at their knees instead.

Edited by STL Fan

But he admitted to it......says alot, that he new he did something wrong......probably to recover from his past inj.

He's the ultimate team player and locker room guy (same as Jr. Seau). He plays the game at 110% and 100 mph.........you'd love him on your team.

Tough break for the Pats, but glad this came out now then in week 10.

Here is Rodney's statement. Appears it was to speed up his recovery.

August 31, 2007

Harrison confirms suspension

By Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff

Rodney Harrison just held a conference call with the media and confirmed that tomorrow the NFL will announce he has been suspended for four games for violating the league's policy on banned substances. Here is Harrison's opening statement. We'll have more later and tomorrow in the Boston Globe.

"This is Rodney Harrison. I'm basically here to let you all know that tomorrow the commissioner will announce that I've been suspended by the NFL for violating the league policy on banned substances. That suspension will be four games. I want to make it clear that not once did I ever use steroids. I did admit to the commissioner that I did in fact use a banned substance. My purpose was never to gain a competitive edge. Rather, my use was solely for accelerating the healing process of injuries I sustained while playing football.

"I haven't made excuses nor will I make excuses. I made a mistake and I'm very sorry for that. I understand that I'm a role model to high school to college, to young kids. I don't condone my decision, my behavior. I'm very, very embarrassed by it. I'm disappointed in myself and to any young person, any high schooler, any college athlete I sent the wrong message with my actions. And I would ask and I would want to be the example for them to never jeopardize what they believe in and never jeopardize their health. And they always have to love themselves."

Harrison also said he wanted to apologize to the Patriots organization and its fans.

But he admitted to it......says alot, that he new he did something wrong......probably to recover from his past inj.

He's the ultimate team player and locker room guy (same as Jr. Seau). He plays the game at 110% and 100 mph.........you'd love him on your team.

Tough break for the Pats, but glad this came out now then in week 10.

That's bull. He admitted to it only after he was caught. BIG difference. OK, so he didn't try to "Mike Vick" it by saying it wasn't true, but he admitted it only in the face of evidence. That says nothing. Still a cheater and a scumbag.

As for being a good teammate, that's great and all but are you telling me that his teammates are so blind to his cheapshots that they just overlook it and say "man I'm glad he's on MY team?" Maybe they're glad he's on their team only because it means he won't be diving at their knees.

That's bull. He admitted to it only after he was caught. BIG difference. OK, so he didn't try to "Mike Vick" it by saying it wasn't true, but he admitted it only in the face of evidence. That says nothing. Still a cheater and a scumbag.

As for being a good teammate, that's great and all but are you telling me that his teammates are so blind to his cheapshots that they just overlook it and say "man I'm glad he's on MY team?" Maybe they're glad he's on their team only because it means he won't be diving at their knees.

The NFL does not test for HGH. They only do urine test which do not detect HGH. He made a mistake to try to recover and help his team out. At least he manned up about the mistake and did not try to hide from it. He should at least be given credit for that.

The NFL does not test for HGH. They only do urine test which do not detect HGH. He made a mistake to try to recover and help his team out. At least he manned up about the mistake and did not try to hide from it. He should at least be given credit for that.

Didn't say he tested positive for it, I know they can't test for it, I said he got caught. Soon, we'll find out how. And I'm not buying for a second that he took HGH to help his team out. That's crazy.

From NFL.com:

"Harrison's name came up in federal and New York state investigations into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers, ESPN reported."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

And there we have it. CAUGHT. He admitted his guilt to federal investigators, then to the NFL. He's supposed to get credit for that? BULL

Rodney Harrison is a massive POS. I'd love to see somebody put their helmet to his knee and end his career.

If he were a colt you would be saying something else.

Didn't say he tested positive for it, I know they can't test for it, I said he got caught. Soon, we'll find out how. And I'm not buying for a second that he took HGH to help his team out. That's crazy.

Him being on the field helps his team out.