[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HEEELLLPPPP!

ChuckB

I don't know what happened but I started getting pop ups tonight and the worst is a program that has

installed itself on my computer named WinAntiSpyware2007. I'm frickin pissed

It keeps popin up saying there's things trying to download on my computer like it's helping me. I tried to go to

add/remove programs and when I try to uninstall it it freezes up. I need some serious help this is rediculous.

Right now I have no protection other than what comes with my cable (I think). My Norton antivirus expired a

long time ago and I never renewed it.

Right now I have a pop up on the right side of my screen that won't go away :D

The above info is good. Safe mode:

Windows 2000 / XP users

Tip: If you are running safe mode because you cannot get into Windows you may want to first try loading the last known good configuration. Additional information about this mode can be found on document CH000626.

To get into the Windows 2000 / XP Safe mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.

Trouble Getting into Windows 2000 or Windows XP Safe mode - If after several attempts you are unable to get into Windows 2000 or Windows XP safe mode as the computer is booting into Windows, turn off your computer. When the computer is turned on the next time Windows should notice that the computer did not successfully boot and give you the safe mode screen.

Edited by rocknrobn26

If you still have problems, post specifics here and we can help you get rid of it.

I did download ad aware from lavasoft and things are much better...stil have the odd pop up though and things seem to be running a little slower than normal. I will continue to run ad aware periodically and remove anything it finds and see where that gets me. Any further problems I will post here.

I did download ad aware from lavasoft and things are much better...stil have the odd pop up though and things seem to be running a little slower than normal. I will continue to run ad aware periodically and remove anything it finds and see where that gets me. Any further problems I will post here.

Run it several times in Safe Mode (instructions above).