[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Watson

Gros Membres!

Right now I'm rolling with the CAR D. I've got them in the top 10 and I've got JAX as my #4 defense. I would be giving up my wire position but see that I could possibly platoon JAX and CAR for a nice setup.

Here's Carolina's schedule:

CAR @STL, HOU, @ATL, TB, @NO, @ARI, BYE, IND, @TEN, ATL, @GB, NO, SF, @JAC, SEA, DAL

JAC TEN, ATL, @DEN, BYE, @KC, HOU, IND, @TB, @NO, @TEN, SD, BUF, @IND, CAR, @PIT, OAK

This would mean dropping Ben Watson (TE, NE) for JAX and relying on Scaife. It would also mean losing my waiver wire priority assuming I get them. Also, I've got McMichael, D. Clark, Olsen, and Martin on my wire now.

Thanks.

Right now I'm rolling with the CAR D. I've got them in the top 10 and I've got JAX as my #4 defense. I would be giving up my wire position but see that I could possibly platoon JAX and CAR for a nice setup.

Here's Carolina's schedule:

CAR @STL, HOU, @ATL, TB, @NO, @ARI, BYE, IND, @TEN, ATL, @GB, NO, SF, @JAC, SEA, DAL

JAC TEN, ATL, @DEN, BYE, @KC, HOU, IND, @TB, @NO, @TEN, SD, BUF, @IND, CAR, @PIT, OAK

This would mean dropping Ben Watson (TE, NE) for JAX and relying on Scaife. It would also mean losing my waiver wire priority assuming I get them. Also, I've got McMichael, D. Clark, Olsen, and Martin on my wire now.

Thanks.

The first part of your question is a little confusing to me. Who are you trying to pick up. The Jags or the Panthers? (Okay I see at the end.) The Jags D will be a top 5 D this year in reality and fantasy. (Better than Carolina I think) Last year they finished 2nd in overall D but fantasywise they didn't put up Chicago and Ravens points. That will change this year due to key guys returning from injury. You must be in a small league to have those TEs on the WW. I would go ahead and drop Watson knowing that I could always grab Martin, Olsen or Dallas if Scaife doesn't pan out..

Edited by Asskickas

Gros,

I would drop the Panthers DST straight up for the Jax DST and keep Watson. Then see what happens this weekend. You may try to swap out Watson for McMichael (if Randy is availalbe after the waiver process completes). I would be a little nervous relying on Bo.

To clarify: I have CAR Ds and would be dropping either CAR or Watson to get at JAX's D. I also hate carrying two Ds as well but looking for a difference maker out of TE, K, or D after waiting until the 12th to address any of these positions. This D duo is intriguing.

Indy D is also on the wire. Does that change anything for you guys?

And I'm also not too sold on relying on any NE receiver on any week. I like to stay away from those guys and Watson was more of a handcuff in case Scaife didn't work out. McMichael could be promising as well considering the ease of passing chedule for STL.

I wanted t revive this thread to see if anyone thought picking up JAX's D was still worth it. I've also got Rhodes on my wire and could corner the market on OAK RBs. Hmmmm...

I'm leaning toward Holliday's advice as Scaife did not exactly light up the scoreboard with 3 points for me today. Watson may indeed be my starter.

I answered your other post too -- I like Watson more than Scaife, and would be afraid to go with just Bo. And

while Panthers/Jags is a nice combo, they're not as complimentary as it looks -- in week 7 when Carolina has

a bye the Jags have to play the Colts -- I know that's just one week, but it means you'd probably end up either

adding a third defense or cutting one of the two you have.