[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Huddle WCOFF squad

msaint

Well played. :headbang:

:D

Well, not Pats homerism so much as knowing who would be studs and who would suck in 2007 fantasy football, much like someone who can literally see into the future would. You guys should try it sometime. :D;)

Seriously, we had a couple guys we felt would bust out this year and wanted to get at all costs even if a couple rounds too early: Brady, Dallas Clark, Welker. Regardless of Pats fandom -- mind you, only 2 of 4 owners are Pats fans...there's one Rams fan (HATES the Pats as much as everyone here does), one Pack fan, and even they wanted Brady badly -- we all thought he was #2 to Peyton heading into season, with his new weapons and six games vs. the weak AFC East there was no way he WOULDN'T top Palmer. My fellow Pats fan (whom my co-drafter and I were texting occasionally from the draft) wanted to pull the trigger on Brady at the 2/3 turn and went nuts when we took Fitz and Roy (passing on Holt, which was our big debate there w/ even the Rams homer conceding...if only we'd gone Moss/Plax!), but we talked him off the ledge and rolled the dice that (1) people would keep loading up on mid-tier RBs and WRs for fear of missing out (and maybe Gates) and skip QBs until the 4th, and (2) that Brady would fall to us at 4/5 turn, which was sketchy when Palmer went early 4th. When Brady was there at 4/5 -- people hated the Pats even then! -- we giggled like little schoolgirls and snagged him last pick, 4th round..

Then we passed on ADP for Coles at 5.1. :D Imagine if we'd snagged ADP?! :D

Then Welker was there in the 11th and Dallas Clark in the 13th! Our weakness all season has been RB2 where we've been juggling stiffs like F.Taylor/Dunn/Dayne after catching a lucky break and being able to start Mr.Irrelevant/last pick in entire draft Derrick Ward early on when Jacobs was hurt. But fingers crossed Dayne starts another late-season roll or Henry gets suspended (doubtful) freeing up Selvyn. We need someone to emerge at RB2.

Heading into last weekend we were 3rd overall, a mere 1.4pts out of 2nd overall (F*CK THE REF WHO BLEW THE SELVYN YOUNG HOLDING CALL AGAINST GB!!)...we had a down week last weekend and lost, so we dropped to #11 overall, but still winning our league at 7-2, a hundred-plus points ahead of #2 scorer. I fear this weekend -- Brady, Coles, Welker, Pats D on bye -- and we could just crash down weeks 10-16 if the evil Pats go more conservative and run more (doubtful, but...), but fingers crossed, so much luck involved, one bad break could wreck us (or anyone) in the WCOFF.

Again, sorry I missed you guys at Hooters...I walked the back room, didn't see Rez, no one apparently saw me looking around, so we hung out for a bit and left. :wacko: Darin, checking my PM now...I don't do it often enough....

Edited by msaint