[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DJ Hackett injury update

gobller

The play happened right in front of me. It was one of those really scary stupid little injuries where you saw the hit happen and thought nothing of it and then the guy never plays another down. He must have tweaked something pretty good to not come back from such a minor hit.

Bobby Engram should consistently get 4-5 catches. This will put Burleson into the starting lineup, but he hasn't shown any signs of consistency in the last few years, so I am still shying away from him. He may be worth a desperate pickup in very deep leagues, but will be too inconsistent for me to start at any time.

Bobby Engram should consistently get 4-5 catches. This will put Burleson into the starting lineup, but he hasn't shown any signs of consistency in the last few years, so I am still shying away from him. He may be worth a desperate pickup in very deep leagues, but will be too inconsistent for me to start at any time.

Also means, courtney Taylor or Ben Obamanu will proably be activated for next week. Holmgren said that when DJ went out they were unable to run any of their 4 WR sets. that said, Taylor and Obamanu will be no fantasy value, but might take a catch our two from the rest on those quad sets.

Early in 1st Q from what I remember from when he had the catch to reports of him being out.....

Hass threw to him twice, missed the first and he got hurt on the second, his only catch. Burleson and Engram were also present early though.

Thanks fellas.

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- D.J. Hackett, who had just moved into the Seattle Seahawks' starting lineup at wide receiver, is out indefinitely with a sprained ankle.

Hackett, an inactive player on game days a year ago, played just one quarter in his new role opposite flanker Deion Branch before he got hurt in Sunday's 20-6 win over Tampa Bay. At the end of Hackett's only reception, a 7-yard gain in the first quarter, his foot was caught in the turf while trying to pivot as he was hit by Brian Kelly. He did not return to the game.

Seattle Seahawks

* Complete coverage: Video | Schedule | Stats

* Roster | Depth chart | Transactions

* Official team site: Seahawks.com

"He's going to be down for a while. I can't tell you for how long. Those things are very unpredictable," coach Mike Holmgren said Monday.

Holmgren said Hackett's injury is a "high" ankle sprain, not the traditional sprain in which the ankle joint is turned nearer the foot. The high sprain includes ligaments near the shin.

"This typically is longer (than a week). And in some instances it can be very, very long," Holmgren said. "The doctors can't really tell me right now."

But Holmgren added, "Fortunately, our depth I think is very good at wide receiver ... I think we'll be OK there."

Veteran Bobby Engram, used mostly as a third, slot receiver, may become even more prominent after catching three passes for 64 yards against the Buccaneers. Ben Obomanu missed the opener with a hamstring injury, but Holmgren thinks the seventh-round draft choice from Auburn in 2006 will play Sunday at Arizona. Rookie Courtney Taylor, also from Auburn, was inactive against the Bucs but could be available for the Cardinals game.

"And my ace in the whole is Seneca Wallace," Holmgren said, almost as a tease.

The Seahawks have used Wallace, Matt Hasselbeck's backup quarterback, sporadically at wide receiver, most notably for catches in each of the last two postseasons. But Holmgren said the team would have to sign a third, veteran quarterback to the roster before he will risk Wallace to injury as a receiver.

"Yeah, we're still looking," said Holmgren, who is entering a season with just two quarterbacks for the first time in his 16 years as an NFL head coach. "We know most of the quarterbacks (who are available)."