[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

broncos00

I've heard the "never sit your studs" rule, but with L.J. getting 10 carries, he is not playing like a number 1 R.B.

Chicago shut down L.T. last week, what will they do to L.J.

Derrick Ward ran for 89 yards after Brandon Jacobs left the game with 26 carries against Dallas.

Should I put in Ronnie Brown this week against Dallas.

Thoughts?

Interesting dilemna, and as fate would have it, I have exactly the same one with LJ and Ronnie this week.

Herm Edwards made the early comment a couple weeks back that he was going to hold LJ back a bit at the start, as he did not have the preseason exposure or training camp benefit a full time back could have. With the gutless performance of the KC offense last week, I'd look for Herm to look past his hasty judgement, and he'll let LJ shoulder more of the offense....wait, sorry....LJ IS the offense. My bad. In any case, ya gotta play him. His big play potential against any team lingers.

Ronnie is my ulcer maker this week. I don't think Miami had anything going on offense last week at Washington, so I'm not prepared to blame him entirely. This is much the same assessment that I have for KC as well. Playing at home, with his job most assuredly on the line, he could give his all......or go back to being Ronnie Brown.

Tough call, if Jacobs is OK, play him against Green Bay. Otherwise, you go with Brown.

I have an LJ dilemma myself. Him or Deuce vs. Tampa. The Bears are a rough matchup. Everyone knows what happened last week when they controlled a stud RB on an offense far better than what's left in KC. The Bears D will be ferocious vs. the run, and the Chiefs QB situation and receivers are laughable. So, you have arguably the best D in the league playing against a one-dimensional offense? And with an RB who is fat with contract money and still in pre-season form. This is not the game for LJ to turn things around. I am seriously leaning towards part-timer Deuce McAllister vs. TB this week. That's how little faith I have in LJ this week.

I just could not bench him for Ward without watching him 1 more week. gotta give his past more respect than 1 week.

I completely agree with this. He will also be getting more than a handful of carries this week. They are working him back into the game. KC needs this game and will grind it out with the running game at least early on and until they fall too far behind.

at the moment I have him on the bench , start 2rb , I have Henry and AP starting now. If I get info showing me Taylor is back and gonna split I will change back, but with AP going against Det, who made Lamont look like an All-Pro last week, or LJ against the Bears, seems easy.

I think alot of us are forgetting how good L.J. is due to his recent struggles. I'm pretty sure people last year or a couple of years ago were not planning to sit L.J. based on matchups. I think as he gains his form he will return with a productive season. This sunday's game will be the beginning of the progress.

Are you kidding me?

You don't bench LJ this week. The fact that KC fell flat week one doesn't mean they are the WORSE team in the NFL--like so many now presume. They are thin, but not completely talentless. (some organizations can't even claim that!) Larry Johnson may not get the yardage this week but he will be good for 1.5 TD's, and that works for me.

(and no I don't own him either)

Edited by ChampSampson