[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are there alot of trades in your leagues?

Football_Mom

I play in 2 leagues. One I pay for. There are 12 owners (10 guys, 2 girls) and we hold a live draft. The other league is a free league consisting of 4 kids (3 mine, 1 cousin), me, my hubby,mil and sil. We rank our players and let Yahoo! conduct the draft for us. In the family league there are lots of trades. The kids are constantly proposing trades, some of them crazy. In the pay league there are hardly every ANY trades. I am currently trying to move Big Ben and there are no takers, despite one owner who has Rivers and Smith as his QBs.

I am very curious about other leagues. Is there alot of player movement in your leagues?

I play in 2 leagues. One I pay for. There are 12 owners (10 guys, 2 girls) and we hold a live draft. The other league is a free league consisting of 4 kids (3 mine, 1 cousin), me, my hubby,mil and sil. We rank our players and let Yahoo! conduct the draft for us. In the family league there are lots of trades. The kids are constantly proposing trades, some of them crazy. In the pay league there are hardly every ANY trades. I am currently trying to move Big Ben and there are no takers, despite one owner who has Rivers and Smith as his QBs.

I am very curious about other leagues. Is there alot of player movement in your leagues?

I'm in a twelve team pay league and all the owners are lawyers. Trades get proposed, but by the time the two sides get done trying to screw each other, very few trades ever get done.

I'm in a twelve team pay league and all the owners are lawyers. Trades get proposed, but by the time the two sides get done trying to screw each other, very few trades ever get done.

LOL at this. I used to play in a leagur that was mostly lawyers but I quit. I didn't really like the guys i n the league and they were no fun. They also made fun of me because I like football.

The league I play in now consists mostly of probation officers. I met them through my husband's cousin. They are more down to earth, and more fun, and they don't make fun of women who like football.

My main league has been together for just a couple of years now. We try to encourage trading and I think were starting to see more, but we're a keeper league that allows trading of keepers for draft picks etc. and that helps. Our league is made up of poker players who all originally met online and some of our trading experiences are similar to that described for the lawyer league described by Jumbie.

I believe that the larger the FA pool, the less incentive there is for trades, especially early in the season.

Edited by ljbrun

For those with lots of player movement, what would be a reasonable trade proposal??

I have:

QB-Peyton, Big Ben, Garcia

RB-Benson, Brown, B. Jackson, Washington, Barber

WR-Colston, Coles, Henderson, Kennison

TE-Crumpler

K-Kasay

DEF-Min

He has:

QB-Smith, Rivers

RB-Alexander, MJD, Morency, Portis

WR-A. Johnson, Smith, Galloway, Glenn, Horn

TE-Shockey, Miller

K-Reed

DEF-Dolphins

Standard scoring with PPR. We have to start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR, K, DEF

I agree that you typically see more trades in a keeper league than you do a redraft. Owners are always looking for youth and upside in keeper leagues, so while it's still difficult to trade for a bona fide stud, you can usually get a solid, every week starter to fill a hole on your team. With redraft leagues, you've got a much shorter window. Very few owners are willing to trade a player that's producing today for a younger player with upside that is likely to produce a few weeks down the road.

Of course another thing that keeps trading at a minimum is that there aren't enough owners that want to give something of real value in order to get something of real value in return. I'm usually one of the heaviest traders in my leagues and the reason that I have success making trades is that I offer players that have real value. In fact, with just about every trade I've ever proposed, half of me is praying the guy or gal accepts it and the other half is praying that the guy or gal rejects it. That's when you know you've offered a fair trade: When the idea of getting a rejection sent back to you gives you both a sense of disapointment AND relief!!