[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To all parents, we don't want yer kid's overpriced candy

TimC

I sort of have an agreement with the people in my office..For many years that I was here I had no kids but always bought whatever people put in front of me..Now that I have kids the people I always bought from are returning the favor..The people in the office that have no kids dont usually buy and I have no problem with thtat ..The people here with kids all buy from each other..It works out fine..

same thing here... like your attitude. yes things can be overpriced but for those who "can't stand it" any suggestions as to an easy way to raise money for your school/pta? be real...first graders can't do car washes and they don't really raise much money. these type of overpriced things do help your schools. and most kids do like fundraisers. i guess not too many are pta members??

anyway--it shouldn't be a big deal to help your schools--your purchase of these items is same price as going out to dinner one night......

i don't mind helping the kids--...

That's it... I'm going out and buying some crap... I'll slap a picture of an Ethiopian on the front and then I'm just going to bring that junk in to work about once a month and sell it for world hunger. I mean it's not really a lie. I'm hungry, and I live in the world. :D

This is really terrible....but f'n funny. :D:wacko:

At my husband's former job, they were not allowed to bring any of these things in, so my kids always missed out on the 'prizes' for sales to those kids who got their overly competitive parents to shill for them.

Now that he's involved with his own startup business, he said the other day he was going to put the popcorn flyer on the dining room table so he could either buy some daily or just put down one big order at the end. :D

Let's see we had two kids since I've worked here, never got a card or anything. Seems everyone since me has gotten a card and gift card. When they come up to me and ask for money i say no thanks, I sure feel put on the spot and cheap, but hey I like to hold grudges :D