[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Vick apologists left out there?

Grits and Shins

Joe Horn targeted 16 times, 7 receptions for 89 yards

Michael Jenkins targeted 19 times, 15 receptions for 168 yards and 2 TDs

Laurent Robinson targeted 10 times, 7 receptions for 63 yards

Roddy White targeted 26 times, 18 receptions for 301 yards and 1 TD

Atlanta is currently the 14th ranked passing offense at 225 yards per game

Joey Harrington

9th QB by yards per game

11th QB by passer rating (98.2)

17th (tie with 3 other) by TDs

Same WRs as Vick (except Horn who isn't doing much anyway).

So I guess Vick wasn't really all that on the field after all ... Atlanta is better off without him.

* First two games sacked 13 times. (must have thought he was behind an AFC line)

* Is leading the Falcons to a 1-3 record.

* Lost to Minnesota. :D

* Harrington has only beat Houston. :wacko:

* Atlanta is 27th in the league in points scored. :D

* Did I mention DVD without V and D is now 23rd in the league in rushing?

* First two games sacked 13 times. (must have thought he was behind an AFC line)

* Is leading the Falcons to a 1-3 record.

* Lost to Minnesota. :D

* Harrington has only beat Houston. :wacko:

* Atlanta is 27th in the league in points scored. :D

* Did I mention DVD without V and D is now 23rd in the league in rushing?

Admitedly a rough start for the team ... but seems to be evening out. The team would be 0-4 with Vick at the helm.

0-4 under Vick, I see.

But he has made it to the playoffs and ruined the Packers homefield mystique.

How many years ago was that??? :D

Gotta go to NFL Films to see that now. Currently, Vick is trying to outrun federal prosecutors. It ain't happening.

How many years ago was that??? :D

Gotta go to NFL Films to see that now. Currently, Vick is trying to outrun federal prosecutors. It ain't happening.

It was way back in the past before the could Colts finally beat the Patriots.

Edited by WaterMan

How many years ago was that???

When it's the lone notable win the object of your filthy man-lust has had, you tend to hang your hat on it way past the "sell-by" date.

MEM-o-ries.....

It was way back in the past before the could Colts finally beat the Patriots.

But in the here and now, the Colts have beat the Pats 3 straight times, and Vick is on house arrest waiting to hear how long he's gonna be in the slammer. :D

I love how it was always the WRs fault that Vick sucked at QB.

Now that the SAME WRs are catching balls from a QB that has always been mediocre the reason those WRs are catching the balls is because the new HC came in and blessed their hands with holy water.

All very good points. The verdict has always been out on Vick at QB but I was very interested to see if he would have improved as a passer under Petrino in his system. Also keep in mind the Falcons are passing A LOT this year so Joey's numbers are inflated a bit. The running game seems to be an after thought so far.

All very good points. The verdict has always been out on Vick at QB but I was very interested to see if he would have improved as a passer under Petrino in his system. Also keep in mind the Falcons are passing A LOT this year so Joey's numbers are inflated a bit. The running game seems to be an after thought so far.

No surprise that passed far less with Vick ... he could not throw the ball. And even when a pass play was called Vick would very often give up on it and run.

No surprise that passed far less with Vick ... he could not throw the ball. And even when a pass play was called Vick would very often give up on it and run.

:D I'm glad you've watched Vick the past 4 years to be able to be an expert on why he ran on those plays.

I love how it was always the WRs fault that Vick sucked at QB.

Now that the SAME WRs are catching balls from a QB that has always been mediocre the reason those WRs are catching the balls is because the new HC came in and blessed their hands with holy water.

G&S,

Excellent note. It was amazing how so many would jump to say how bad his receivers were. You have to admit it was entertaining to watch Vick though.