[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson?

Flip_Side

Last I heard, he's very likely to be out week 6, but I know nothing beyond that.

Last I heard he was out of the brace and scheduled to start getting back into game shape. After the win this weekend I would be surprised to see him in week 6. I think we should look to week 7 unless we hear he's practicing tomorrow or Wednesday.

Last I heard he was out of the brace and scheduled to start getting back into game shape. After the win this weekend I would be surprised to see him in week 6. I think we should look to week 7 unless we hear he's practicing tomorrow or Wednesday.

Heard on some local FF TV show that he "ran" over the weekend. They also expect him back this week.

This local show is pretty much junk though, I would not really buy into what they are saying.

He ran in practice last Friday. He has not been ruled out for this Sunday, but I find it unlikely that he will play. I am sure we won't have a definitive answer until later in the week, if not game time next Sunday.

http://www.grogansports.com/playerscope.asp?Player=1416

this says he's out for sunday...not sure how reliable the source is, but it's something

their schedule gets much much harder, for them to make a push towards a record over .500 this year they'll need him ASAP

CBSsportsline says looks like week 7 for a return.

News: Texans WR Andre Johnson (knee) did not practice Wednesday as the team prepares for Week 6 at Jacksonville, but head coach Gary Kubiak sounds encouraged Johnson will return to action in the coming weeks. "Andre ran (Wednesday)," Kubiak said. "He was out here right before practice and did a bunch of running. He’s made a lot of progress. I think we’re very, very encouraged in what we are seeing. I think as far as (Week 6) goes, he would still be very, very doubtful, but I think we were right on schedule with what we were thinking. Hopefully, (Week 7) we’re looking at getting him back."

from everything i've been reading (to much to post here)

i'd say it's nearly certain he will be out.

what Knicks posted above is one of the most definitive i read.

for me, he can't get back soon enough...

The latest

The News

Wide receiver Andre Johnson did not practice on Wednesday, and though he did run on the practice field for the first time since spraining his PCL in week two he is not expected to play this Sunday against the Jaguars. "That's the first time I've run gassers on the field," Johnson told the Houston Chronicle. "I didn't change direction much." Johnson added that he hopes to return in time for the Texans' week seven game against the Titans.

Our View

Andre Davis should get another start this week, though once Johnson and Jacoby Jones return from their respective injuries he may move into the third receiver role.