[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How serious are you about FF?

Piranha-z

they give priority to the dreaded evil Vikings.

That sux but try living amongst them :D They never say a word when they lose to us, but if they win, it's like they just won the Super Bowl (not that they know what that's like though)!!!!

Unfortunately FF conflicts with my marathon racing schedule. My goal race is October 21st. Since week one my Sunday mornings have been preoccupied with 20-24 mile training runs or racing at shorter distances. I always schedule those so I can at least get back home by noon to catch any last minute injury news. After that I'm just like the rest of you, watching the live action on the HD monitor and the stat-tracker on the laptop. Running will always take priority but this year I've been able to combine my dual roles of participate and spectator with minimal conflict.

Edited by MothAudio

On Sunday, I typically go in and make line-up changes to insure that my ff teams will score the least amount of points possible. I find I'm getting really good at this. A new ritual I've added is complaining about the Saints offensive production. I find that this ritual can go on for hours. At the end of the day, I cry silently into my beer while my wife and children laugh at me. Good times.

Due to my line of work (restaurants for those who don't know), Sunday is often the only day I know I'll have off. With that in mind, I owe it to both myself and my wife to do something besides veg in front of the TV all day long going back and forth to the computer. After all, I work a few nights during the week as well, so time together is a bit hard to come by. We always try to spend much of the early part of the day out and about at least as long as the weather is good.

Typically by halfway through the 4pm game, we're back at home making dinner together and having a drink or three. At that point I'll turn on the game and check out where I stand. If the game is good, it stays on. If it sucks, it gets turned off.

On nights I don't work, I'm in bed by 10, so SNF and MNF don't get a lot of run in my house.

I spend a ton of time during the week here at the huddle and researching the players, but I sort of decided once it dawned on me that I only had so much free time not to make a habit of wasting complete days watching other people play.

Now, a few times a season, my wife goes away for the weekend. Then I "wake and bake", make a huge b-fast, start drinking at noon, and immerse myself in the game like I used to years ago. But once or twice a year seems to be enough.

I usually spend most of my days during the week setting up lineups and reading about how spectacular my players will do. Then on Sunday I go over to my neighbor's house to watch the Dolphins lose another game (it's our penance for living in South Florida). Then, finally, go back home to see how wrong all those articles were that proclaimed how my players have God-like powers. Rinse and repeat.

Sometimes the wife says to join her upstairs before the Sunday night game for some :D, but I usually make Mannaise before I make it up the stairs. Oh well!

This thread inspired me to start another thread. The one titled, FF, Then and Now. I have played so long that "serious" about FF is a fluid perspective over the time frame of this, my 14th year.

My first year, the Commish of the leagues gave me a mag he was done with. The first player I ever picked (there were protected rosters and I was coming into an established league) as a "protected player" was John Elway. :D I had a rough first year and did not like the way the Commish ran things. I started my own league the following year and never looked back, except those 1,554 when I thought I was "done" with FF.

Now, I can take it or leave it. I am playing this year in a couple of bragging rights leagues where we pitch in enough to pay for MFL. Having more fun than I have in the last 7-8 years too! :wacko:

But, "serious"... Nah! Not any more! It is too easy now and there is too much luck involved. Managing a team or two used to be like a part time job. Now... all the info is at the click of a mouse! :D There used to be a time where sources were jealously guarded :wacko: . Now, everyone has the same info with no effort to find it! :wacko: