[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How serious are you about FF?

Piranha-z

I really get into it. Before the games start I get my laptop running, fire up the stat tracker, and just sit and watch all day!!!! The wife doesn't always like that, but Sunday is my day during football season. I will watch just about every FF point come across the screen hoping for more on my side than the opponent. I'll tell you what, last nights game was a nail biter for my team. Barely won, but I was doing some major b*tching towards the end (and before that).

What do you guys do to prepare for the weekend???

I really get into it. Before the games start I get my laptop running, fire up the stat tracker, and just sit and watch all day!!!! The wife doesn't always like that, but Sunday is my day during football season. I will watch just about every FF point come across the screen hoping for more on my side than the opponent. I'll tell you what, last nights game was a nail biter for my team. Barely won, but I was doing some major b*tching towards the end (and before that).

What do you guys do to prepare for the weekend???

I do this too, and I also cook whatever I'm going to be eating that day just in time so it's ready by 1:00

Yep.

I sit my fat arse in front of a TV, preferably outside so that I can light my cigar, get myself a good bloody Mary loaded with olives & a beer, and order a batch of hot buffalo wings. I then procede to wallow in manhood as I repeat the procedure for the next 6 hours.

Hasn't failed me yet....

I wake up early, set all my lineups (thanks Start/Sit!). I then proceed to watch a football morning show. About 5 minutes left before kick off I throw on my Adrian Peterson jersey and then go downstairs to power my laptop on which runs Yahoo! stat tracker.

After every positive point/score for any of my players I kiss my hand and raise it in the air and thank god. It seems to work miracles.

Rinse and repeat.

If the Colts have the early game, we pick up a few pizzas on the way home from church and watch the game more or less live. If the Colts have one of the other game then the pizza comes later. If the other games are of interest I'll watch them but usually after the game is half over so I can use the 30 second skip to full advantage. Sunday evenings are usually spent in front of the computer working on work with the game on as well. MNF are usually watched live. Stat trackers are usually running but not actively watched during the game, but checked between quarters/halves.

I set my lineups Thursday evening, cross my fingers, and then spend the weekends hunting and enjoying God's country. Sunday night or first thing Monday morning at work, I check my fantasy scores to see how things panned out.

I set my lineups Thursday evening, cross my fingers, and then spend the weekends hunting and enjoying God's country. Sunday night or first thing Monday morning at work, I check my fantasy scores to see how things panned out.

That must be a pretty fun league you are in :D

I live for Sunday's. It sucks when you get beat because you feel drained. I usually stay up late on Satuday so I can sleep in Sunday (still wake up with gameday looming), try to awake around 10:00. Get the paper, eat some breakfast. Check line ups, watch some of ESPN, check fantasy sites for latest info. Grab the laptop, head to local establishment. Me and my boys are regulars on Sundays and they give us the remote and let us set the games. Order some lunch, get ready for 1:00 games. Get rowdy, have fun. Get dinner for the 4:00 games. Take off at about halftime of 4:00 unless I have a lot of guys playing. Go home see how things look heading into sunday night and monday. Sounds pretty lame to someone who does not understand, but if you are truly into fantasy this is an ideal day! Sometimes my wife will show up for dinner at the establishment, which runs up the bill, but heck keeps her happy.

Well i'm from England so the 1pm game starts at 6pm over here on Sunday.

I sit down and make my final team during Sunday afternoon and watch some of the pre-game shows.

In England we get 4 live games on a Sunday, aswell as SNF and MNF.

I watch the earlier games live, and record the SNF and MNF to watch the next morning, as they normally start at around 1:30am.

It's tense going to bed in the morning knowing my FF team will win or lose during that night, and i make sure i dont turn on the computer untill after i've watched the recorded game!

That must be a pretty fun league you are in :D

:D I enjoy fantasy football but guess my priorities are different than some. I would rather spend the weekends outdoors with my dogs than in a bar.

With the way the '07 FF season is going, I've become an upstanding member of society again on Sundays... mow the grass, be a consumer, take a walk, visit with family etc.

It's the best but also the worst thing to happen :D

exactly. I never watched football the entire day (unless raining maybe) anyway, but I do more on Sundays now than in years. It's great and sucks at the same time.

My girlfriend still doesn't get why I bought a KC football player doll with LJ's # on it and keep stomping on it and ripping its head off and asking her to re-sew it back on for next Sunday, but hey women just don't get stuff.

:D I enjoy fantasy football but guess my priorities are different than some. I would rather spend the weekends outdoors with my dogs than in a bar.

I would have to agree with you. If the weather is nice, I hate to be indoors. But the weather is turning and it's time to hibernate :D

Being a HUGH lover of all things Dog - can't say I blame you there!!

I usually wake up around 9am CST - hit the grocery to get a package of extra thick bacon, eggs and a butter streussel coffee cake. I then head home, turn on some pre-game action and start making the whole package of bacon and eggs. Usually down about 6 poached eggs along with the 13 pieces of bacon.

During the early games, I am watching whatever game CBS or FOX has decided to show and of course I have the laptop going all day on cbs.sportsline's scoreboard - I need to see what all my players are doing. Right as the first games are ending, I usually heat up the coffee cake and eat that as my "lunch".

During the late afternoon games I usually spark a bowl and continue my couch-lounging and laptop viewing. Once the late games end I will order either pizza or Thai that gets delivered right as the SNF game begins. As long as my players are producing - it doesn't get much better than this life. If they are doing nothing like this past weekend - it puts me in a real sour mood, so much that I hate football and vow to quit fantasy. By Tuesday, I'm excited for the upcoming games again. it's a vicious cycle.

I change my lineup 847 times between Saturday and Sunday.

And you know the funny part? I always choose the wrong guys. It's f'n amazing.

So I drink. That takes off the sting.

Drink, Swear at TV, Tun off and go to Lake and Fish to relax, but I am a Vikes Fan and can only handle about a half of that kind of lousy football. Besides Childress doesn't let AD (Adrian Peterson) play in the second half anyway, so no need to watch!

I take the laptop to the bar when the Packers aren't on locally. We don't get Wisconsin TV stations here in N Wisconsin and they give priority to the dreaded evil Vikings.

Edited by Randall