[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Simms put on IR

tonyr0802

Buccaneers will place Chris Simms on injured reserve.

Well, this ends any shot Simms had at playing on the team this season. It's hard to imagine that he will ever suit up as a Buc again, and he now makes a prime offseason trade candidate. Expect his roster spot to be filled by a running back.

I know it's not ground breaking, but I wasn't aware he was injured. His pencil give him a splinter or something??? I know it's likely to make room for a rb,just caught me off guard to see he was IR'd.

This makes me think I am dropping Roydell for Moore for tonights draft in the hopes that there are making room for a RB.

Not so sure it's going to be Moore:

Buccaneers worked out running backs Ciatrick Fason, Kevan Barlow, Shaud Williams and Tony Fisher on Monday.

Buccaneer's GM Bruce Allen said the team would "likely" sign one of the four. We suspect Fason or Barlow has the best shot, but neither should even be considered until a move becomes official, if at all.

He really shouldn't have ever made the squad. For some reason, Gruden felt the need to carry four quarterbacks. It's been well documented locally that Simms would probably never see the playing field again - at least in Tampa. The Bucs were simply going to carry him, allow him to heal up this year and allow him to catch on with another team next year. Humanitarian - yes. Good business - no. The whole thing never made any sense to me. I've never been a Chris Simms fan so I can't say that I'm sorry to see him gone. At least Mewelde Moore has a spleen. :D

He really shouldn't have ever made the squad. For some reason, Gruden felt the need to carry four quarterbacks. It's been well documented locally that Simms would probably never see the playing field again - at least in Tampa. The Bucs were simply going to carry him, allow him to heal up this year and allow him to catch on with another team next year. Humanitarian - yes. Good business - no. The whole thing never made any sense to me. I've never been a Chris Simms fan so I can't say that I'm sorry to see him gone. At least Mewelde Moore has a spleen. :D

So any insight on who local media is reporting the Bucs will sign?

Actually, Gruden did not want to keep him on the roster but GM Bruce Allen wanted to.

According to the man himself, yes, he's out of the Buc's picture.

Not to hijack the thread but is a return to football for Dillon in 2007 a possibility at all? Given the injuries this year, if he really wanted to return there's been plenty of opportunity. That opportunity fades by the week, ISMO.

Not to hijack the thread but is a return to football for Dillon in 2007 a possibility at all? Given the injuries this year, if he really wanted to return there's been plenty of opportunity. That opportunity fades by the week, ISMO.

I've seen nothing but speculation on board like this that he would come back. First of all, he was slow as molasses last year and benefited from NE's OL, but more importantly i just don't think there's much desire at this point.

Old news as of 8:50 pm, but the Bucs signed Zack Crockett with the space made by the Simms departure. Imagine that - Gruden signing an aging, former Raider. Its a sad, familiar story. I can only hope Graham can last.

Old news as of 8:50 pm, but the Bucs signed Zack Crockett with the space made by the Simms departure. Imagine that - Gruden signing an aging, former Raider. Its a sad, familiar story. I can only hope Graham can last.

And who did you honestly think the Bucs would pick up? There is slim pickings right now. Moore is not worth a day one pick.