[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KJ could start in 2 weeks

Randall

ALLEN PARK -- Kevin Jones might have run his way into the top spot in the Lions' tailback rotation.

Jones gained 48 yards on 11 carries, all in the second half, in Sunday's 34-3 loss at Washington. Jones played sparingly in the first half and did not have a carry or a pass reception.

Jones' production gave the Lions a sustained running attack for one of the few times this season. He could move ahead of Tatum Bell as the starter for the next game, Oct. 21 against Tampa Bay at Ford Field.

The Lions have a bye Sunday.

Coach Rod Marinelli would not commit to a change when asked about the tailback spot at his weekly Monday news conference.

"That's something we'll have a chance to look at and again see where Kevin is health-wise," Marinelli said. "I know he's sore right now, but he's a dynamite runner."

Jones is still recovering from an injury to his left foot, sustained late last season. He missed all of training camp and was inactive for the first two regular-season games. Jones has two rushing touchdowns and a 3.8 yard average on 24 carries. Bell has averaged 4.1 yards (182 yards, 44 carries) but does not appear comfortable in the Lions' running schemes or as a receiver.

Having played in the offense last year gives Jones an edge.

"He's been in it longer," quarterback Jon Kitna said. "That's always going to help you. When he plays, he's dynamite. He doesn't seem to have any effect on his foot when he's going full speed."

One issue for Jones is how well he can handle the soreness that comes from playing and extended practice time.

Timing is just about right.

Who cares, they run the ball 9 times and throw 40+ ....wont matter.

If he gets as many catches as he was in the 2nd half of last year, then it matters a great deal to those of us in a PPR league.

OK, if that was on purpose, that was pretty good, if not, you just made my point. :D

Hugh - you drinking on a week night again??

What the he-ll are you talking about?

Edit to add: I musta made your point, 'cause i'm clueless.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Hugh - you drinking on a week night again??

What the he-ll are you talking about?

Edit to add: I musta made your point, 'cause i'm clueless.

I am drinking. :D

That being said, isn't this thread about KJ? And didn't your post reference LJ? :wacko:

:D

I am drinking. :D

That being said, isn't this thread about KJ? And didn't your post reference LJ? :wacko:

:D

Aaaahhhh....

It's not funny when you have to explain, but my point was that I'm glad KJ is coming back because I'm probably going to be introducing LJ to the bench.

In fact, it wasn't funny anyway.

I think I'll go kick my dog. Better still, I'll kick my mom's dog who we're watching for the next month. Just 'cause I can and she won't catch me.

Yep plus Bell will still get his touches. Fn KJ yet another RB tease on my POS team.

Uh, did you watch the game, or any accounts thereof? Bell didn't get on the field in the second half. Bell said to reporters afterward, "I don't know of any other team where the starting running back doesn't play the whole second half. Maybe they're trying to tell me something."

Uh yeah.

LIke, maybe, I don't know, "YOU ARE NOT THE STARTING RUNNING BACK, TATUM BELL!" Maybe. I don't know.

Peace

policy

Uh, did you watch the game, or any accounts thereof? Bell didn't get on the field in the second half. Bell said to reporters afterward, "I don't know of any other team where the starting running back doesn't play the whole second half. Maybe they're trying to tell me something."

Uh yeah.

LIke, maybe, I don't know, "YOU ARE NOT THE STARTING RUNNING BACK, TATUM BELL!" Maybe. I don't know.

Peace

policy

well, it is Tatum Bell...

I'm going after KJ right now...

Aaaahhhh....

It's not funny when you have to explain, but my point was that I'm glad KJ is coming back because I'm probably going to be introducing LJ to the bench.

In fact, it wasn't funny anyway.

I think I'll go kick my dog. Better still, I'll kick my mom's dog who we're watching for the next month. Just 'cause I can and she won't catch me.

Now that was kinda funny!