[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Welker a stud?

rai

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for this year, i guess you could consider him that way.

long-term and into next year, i don't think so.

its the offense, not Welker....although he's good, not doubt.

Defenses will adjust over time and things will change. Just like when Manning set the TD record.

QBs don't throw for 40 to 50 TDs two years in a row if ever.

Any Patriot WR/TE is technically a stud right now. If they don't have 5 TD receptions by now, they ain't trying.

Driver and Harrison are not at stud status right now.

Agreed.

I think Welker is putting up studly numbers...but if Moss were to miss an extended period of time, would he still produce at this level? If so, then he is a bona-fide stud.

Edited by The Wolf

Is the comparison of Welker stats when Ben Watson is in/out? I saw that in another thread...great info there.

either way, both will get open...

with the potency of this offense being where it's at...Welker is a must start with or without Watson IMO...

Welker IS NOT a stud....give me a sec and i will show you why

Week 1 the Pats play the Jets...the Jets are currently the 26th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 1 welker goes 6/61 1TD

Week 2 the Pats play SD...the Chargers are currently the 25th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 2 welker goes 8/91 0 TDs

Week 3 the Pats play BUFF...the Bills are currently the 31st ranked Pass D in the leauge

week 3 welker goes 6/69 0 TDs

Week 4 the Pats play Cinn....The Bengals are currently the 28th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 4 welker goes 3/22 0 TDs

Week 5 the Pats play CLEV.....the Browns are currently the 29th ranked Pass D in the leauge

week 5 welker goes 4/19 0 TDs

Week 6 the Pats play Dallas....The Cowboys are currently the 22nd ranked Pass D in the league

week 6 welker goes 11/124 2 TDs

Week 7 the Pats play MIA....The Phins are currently the 14th ranked Pass D in the league(mostly because they suck vs the run so much)

week 7 welker goes 9/138 2 TDs

Now what makes this interesting is not that he has done most of his damage against poor Pass D's but that he didnt do much of anything against two of the worst and BOTH of his BIG GAMES have come with Benjamin Watson out of the lineup

Watson was injured on his only catch in week 6 vs Dallas....up til that point welker had 3 catches for 41 yards and 0 TDs....since watson has been out due to injury(basically 5 quarters and change) welker has done most of his damage 12 catches for 221yrds & 4 TDs

Now do i think welker will make a nice flex play the rest of the year once watson is back in the lineup? Yes i do

Do i think he is a stud? NO, I do not.

Looks as if when the Patriots needed someone to step up against the hardest pass defenses they've played so far this season, Welker torched them.

with WATSON OUT....and saying "hardest pass defense they've played so far this season" isnt really saying much when its the dolphins and they rank as poorly as they do vs the run...the dolphins are far from a good pass defense and there is no denying that

On Yahoo, Welker is ranked 8th out of all WRs. And that's supposed to be because Watson was injured? :D

well you decide, 26% of his catches, 42% of his receiving yardage and 80% of his TDs have come with WATSON OUT for 5 quarters

if you think welker will keep up that sorta production for the rest of the year WITH WATSON in the lineup you are delusional

well you decide, 26% of his catches, 42% of his receiving yardage and 80% of his TDs have come with WATSON OUT for 5 quarters

if you think welker will keep up that sorta production for the rest of the year WITH WATSON in the lineup you are delusional

Watson had two good games.

Welker has produced better than him almost every game.

And even with the coverage dedicated to Watson now free to be placed on someone else, Welker is doing fine.

heck, right now, he's better than Chad Johson, who hasnt scored since week 2!!!!

so if you owned CJ you would trade him straight up for Welker?

EDIT: even with his two hugh games this yr welker has only scored 4 more points then CJ and CJ has had his bye week while welker has not :D

Edited by keggerz

Watson had two good games.

And even with the coverage dedicated to Watson now free to be placed on someone else, Welker is doing fine.

Fine=Stud :D

and we will just have to agree to disagree....but i would be curious to hear what you think welker will do the rest of the year...you know Catches Yards and TDs

Watson had two good games. He scored in 5 of the 6 full games he has played in

Fine=Stud :D

and we will just have to agree to disagree....but i would be curious to hear what you think welker will do the rest of the year...you know Catches Yards and TDs

how about this for end of year numbers

107 catches

1200 yards

11 TDs

Edited by keggerz

I have had Watson before, isn't he the TE equal to Brandon Jacobs?

It is interesting to see the stats (TDs) with watson out of the game, I don't think Watson is going to turn into an iron man so I figure him to miss some more games.

Even so, I think the catches and yards are very good for Welker all year, I mean he was catching the ball all year and so maybe he'll get more looks even when Watson is back.

so if you owned CJ you would trade him straight up for Welker?

EDIT: even with his two hugh games this yr welker has only scored 4 more points then CJ and CJ has had his bye week while welker has not :D

All i am saying is that right now he's producing better than CJ...thats all...yeah, CJ gets the yardage...but no tds since week 2????? come on...would i trade cj for welker, straight up? probably not....but have offered Eli and CJ for Welker and Steven Jackson....