[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS at TE This Week (Witten On Bye)

rwwilk

Gents (and Ladies),

Most of my team is on bye (Romo, Witten, Folk), injured (AJohnson, DBranch), or out for the season (RBrown), but I am still holding on to a 1 game lead in first place. That said, while I do not expect to win this week starting a bunch of one week waiver wire replacements, I would like to be as competitive as possible. I am having difficulty decide which TE to start, NO's Eric Johnson or DEN's Tony Scheffler. I am currently rostering Johnson, but Scheffler is sitting out there as a free agent. So, who do you like more this week Johnson or Scheffler?

Thanks!

RW

I have Witten as well and picked up Scheffler and will be starting him.

Same here, and Johnson was/is available, but upside with Scheff, Cutler will be throwing against GB's stout rush D.

From CBS Sportsline (I know, I know):

Broncos TE Tony Scheffler (lower leg) went through a full practice Wednesday as the team prepares for Week 8 vs. Green Bay. Scheffler is coming off a five-catch, 50-yard performance against the Steelers. He also had his first touchdown of the season.

(Updated 10/24/2007).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Scheffler has re-emerged as a favorite target for Jay Cutler after an early season injury slowed his progress. It appears as though he might be turning his season around. If you need help at tight end, consider adding Scheffler. He is a low-end No. 1 Fantasy TE for Week 8. He is expected to play barring any setbacks.

Also, denverbroncos.com reports that Scheffler participated in full practice Wednesday, 10/24/07 on their website.