[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm topping off my tank tomorrow

Big F'n Dave

Does ethanol have normal kinds of exhaust pollutants? Or is it considerably better than gas?

only pollutant is that when car drives by it smells like popcorn ...seriously the cost to covert to ethanol and the necessary means of transportation of getting ethanol from production pt to necessary pts of usage will make it difficult and costly in the beginning

at least i have read this a few times and from a few places

Does ethanol have normal kinds of exhaust pollutants? Or is it considerably better than gas?

Ethanol burns cleaner than petrol, but has its own downside in production. Farms use a lot of nitrates to increase the biomass and that crap ends up in our water, which may be worse than climate change. :sigh:

Ethanol burns cleaner than petrol, but has its own downside in production. Farms use a lot of nitrates to increase the biomass and that crap ends up in our water, which may be worse than climate change. :sigh:

Perhaps then... that is not the solution to anything other than the global political oil angle.

Perhaps then... that is not the solution to anything other than the global political oil angle.

Maybe, but it'll come at quite a cost. Anybody interested in paying $15 for a bag of corn chips? Actually, it may be worth it - but ethanol is far from an ideal solution.

Maybe, but it'll come at quite a cost. Anybody interested in paying $15 for a bag of corn chips? Actually, it may be worth it - but ethanol is far from an ideal solution.

The value of ethanol is probably in making people realize that oil addiction can be reduced. I see ethanol as a step on a journey, not a destination.