[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I got no problem with Pats "running up the score"

LooGie

I am a Brady owner. But I hope that knock brady out for the season. Running up the score for no reason is not cool. I love winning with Brady. But at some point you should be respectful. But I got a feeling every team from here on out is targetting to kill Brady and Moss. I am willing to go out on a limb to say its a bet between NFL players only on who can injury one of those players.

Edit to add.

TO PROVE A POINT!

Ok Mr Prodigy of Fantasy Football, you think at some point you have to be respectful, but you hope a QB that is having a magical season, the best in history of all time, gets knocked out for the season? You think professional athletes have a bet on who injuries the best players in the league right now?

Way to be a Megan Fox. Be gone now. Perhaps you're just a bitter MIAMI fan and hope your little undefeated record stays intact.

But I remember the patriots ,one game at a time line.If they are finishing games running up the score to prepare for the Colts,than I guess that isnt so.

no no...

you missed my point...NE played hard start to finish against WAS, which they didn't do last year against IND...or last week at MIA...but they MUST do this week at IND...

they weren't literally practicing plays for IND... :D

I am a Brady owner. But I hope that knock brady out for the season. Running up the score for no reason is not cool. I love winning with Brady. But at some point you should be respectful. But I got a feeling every team from here on out is targetting to kill Brady and Moss. I am willing to go out on a limb to say its a bet between NFL players only on who can injury one of those players.

Edit to add.

TO PROVE A POINT!

You hope Brady gets hurt..???..Thats much cooler then running up the score.... :D:D

watched the replay of last years AFC Championship game tonight on NFL Network...

i don't see how the Patriots lose that game if they had Moss, Stalworth, Welker and Thomas.

they looked like such a different team, a shadow of this years team, and they still came so close...

but that was last year....and they are a different team. much better.

Indy better bring its A+ Game or they will be embarrassed.

Once again, I am tired of seeing "what if?" scenarios regarding Brady getting hurt during a blowout. I understand that it can happen but there has been plenty of QBs injured over the past few years. Please name one that was injured while playing in a blowout win. For example, McNabb has been injured a hundred times. Did any of those injuries occur during a blowout win?

I swear, I never would have thought there were so many crybaby grown men out there. But I bet these same men would cheer the dropping of bombs from 30,000 feet on innocent people just because they've been brainwashed to demonize people who are unlike themselves. Go figure.

Once again, I am tired of seeing "what if?" scenarios regarding Brady getting hurt during a blowout. I understand that it can happen but there has been plenty of QBs injured over the past few years. Please name one that was injured while playing in a blowout win.

I cant think of any off hand,they are usually riding the pine by then. :D

Edited by xtra

Actually it wasn't. 2/3 of the Cumberland team hadn't even played football before the year started and Harvard had National Championship hopes. It's like if we got together 14 or 15 Huddlers and said, OK LSU, com and get us!

Actually it wasn't. 2/3 of the Cumberland team hadn't even played football before the year started and Harvard had National Championship hopes. It's like if we got together 14 or 15 Huddlers and said, OK LSU, com and get us!

um...222 to 0 is running up the score. I imagine there's no difference from winning by 50, 100, or 200. There was no need to score those last 22 points! :D

Eric Wilbur brings up some great points in his column on boston.com http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/s...d_several_more/

From his article:

"How's this for a four-game stretch of NFL greatness?

W, 49-14

W, 41-10

W, 41-9

W, 51-24

That quartet of one-sided scores comes to you courtesy of the 2004 Indianapolis Colts from a November-December period during which Peyton Manning and Co. annihilated the Texans, Bears, Lions, and Titans, respectively. And, you know it's funny, I don't remember one person whining about them running up the score.

In fact, quite the opposite happened. The Colts were celebrated as the bright and shining star of the NFL. Following the 51-24 win over Tennessee, the Indy Star's Bob Kravitz wrote, "At this point, we're not just watching football anymore. We're watching history. Every week, the Indianapolis Colts' offense uses the football field as its canvas, and every week, it creates an art form that is distinct from everything else in the copycat NFL."

Flash forward almost three years, and the very same Kravitz wrote about the juggernaut New England Patriots, "In the last three weeks, New England has scored 48, 49, and 52 points, inspiring inquiring minds to wonder, 'Did the Patriots pile on?' And every week, the obvious answer is, 'Duh.'""

Personally I think Belichick and Brady realize that to beat the Colts you have to be able to score on every series. So they make use of every down to practice their offense. Also after being burned by Indy's comeback they have to put teams away. I agree with those who don't think Brady should be out there up 21 in the 4th quarter for injury purposes, but hopefully Belichick knows what he's doing.

After the Rams won the Superbowl didn't Martz run up the score a couple of times. Why am I thinking it was in the Miami game and I believe another game. They were way up in the 4th quarter and I believe they threw a bomb (they may have also kicked an on-sides kick when they were up by a huge amount in the 4th quarter). It's not clear in my head, but I do remember Warner or Faulk getting hurt around then. I thought at the time it was the difference of the Rams winning another Superbowl. Does this sound familiar to some of you?

When New England ran up the score (especially with Brady running) I thought it was dejavu (spelling?).

Eric Wilbur brings up some great points in his column on boston.com http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/s...d_several_more/

From his article:

W, 49-14

W, 41-10

W, 41-9

W, 51-24

That quartet of one-sided scores comes to you courtesy of the 2004 Indianapolis Colts from a November-December period during which Peyton Manning and Co. annihilated the Texans, Bears, Lions, and Titans, respectively. And, you know it's funny, I don't remember one person whining about them running up the score.

In fact, quite the opposite happened. The Colts were celebrated as the bright and shining star of the NFL. Following the 51-24 win over Tennessee, the Indy Star's Bob Kravitz wrote, "At this point, we're not just watching football anymore. We're watching history. Every week, the Indianapolis Colts' offense uses the football field as its canvas, and every week, it creates an art form that is distinct from everything else in the copycat NFL."

Flash forward almost three years, and the very same Kravitz wrote about the juggernaut New England Patriots, "In the last three weeks, New England has scored 48, 49, and 52 points, inspiring inquiring minds to wonder, 'Did the Patriots pile on?' And every week, the obvious answer is, 'Duh.'""

Personally I think Belichick and Brady realize that to beat the Colts you have to be able to score on every series. So they make use of every down to practice their offense. Also after being burned by Indy's comeback they have to put teams away. I agree with those who don't think Brady should be out there up 21 in the 4th quarter for injury purposes, but hopefully Belichick knows what he's doing.

We weren't compaining about those scores because Manning was ridding the pine when there was 5 min. left in the game and theire team was up by 45 points. Unlike your Pats who clearly ran up the score just because they could. Classless!

From his article:

W, 49-14

W, 41-10

W, 41-9

W, 51-24

i agree the pats are not running up the score, but disagree with point of this post. The Colts were not up by 40 points at the end of the first half, and still sending Peyton in. Manning was not throwing and fighting for 2 more TDs in the 4th, when they already up by 20. Manning was on the bench. They weren't going for it 4th down after 4th down after 4th down. They weren't leaving their starters in to even take the final knee.

Now i agree with your point, but the comparision is not valid. That's just my :D

We weren't compaining about those scores because Manning was ridding the pine when there was 5 min. left in the game and theire team was up by 45 points. Unlike your Pats who clearly ran up the score just because they could. Classless!

Really? Because I looked over the play-by-play for these games, and saw manning in there throwing the ball in the 4th quarter in at least 2 of them. 10 yard TD to Reggie Wayne in a drive similar to Brady's last drive on Sunday against WAS, and another game in which he was throwing the ball all over the field.

Way to use facts, though! :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Really? Because I looked over the play-by-play for these games, and saw manning in there throwing the ball in the 4th quarter in at least 2 of them. 10 yard TD to Reggie Wayne in a drive similar to Brady's last drive on Sunday against WAS, and another game in which he was throwing the ball all over the field.

Way to use facts, though! :D

you should really post the facts that you are referring to, if you're going to slam someone for not using facts.

Brady was on the bench with 9 minutes to go. Seems the TD record is not the only Manning record he's going to beat this year.

Edit to add.

TO PROVE A POINT!

As many posts have established all over the message boards that Manning calls his own plays and Brady doesn't. Why is this Brady's fault? He is just executing the plays called into him. Is Brady supposed to disobey his coach? Now a few people have called the Patriots classless for "running up the score", but how classy is wishing that Brady gets hurt? That's right, it isn't. People are looking for any sort of reason to hate the Patriots right now, I understand that, but if you take a step back from that bias for one second maybe you can actually enjoy what the offense has been able to do this year. The fact that they can air it out all day and not spend 45 minutes playing football between the 40s in a game where the score ends up 6 - 3. The fact that Randy Moss has been rejuvenated and we get to see the talent that was wasted in Oakland. Trust me you will enjoy the game more.

As many posts have established all over the message boards that Manning calls his own plays and Brady doesn't. Why is this Brady's fault? He is just executing the plays called into him. Is Brady supposed to disobey his coach? Now a few people have called the Patriots classless for "running up the score", but how classy is wishing that Brady gets hurt? That's right, it isn't. People are looking for any sort of reason to hate the Patriots right now, I understand that, but if you take a step back from that bias for one second maybe you can actually enjoy what the offense has been able to do this year. The fact that they can air it out all day and not spend 45 minutes playing football between the 40s in a game where the score ends up 6 - 3. The fact that Randy Moss has been rejuvenated and we get to see the talent that was wasted in Oakland. Trust me you will enjoy the game more.

i totally agree with this post. Well written! :D

This just shows how great NE offense is, but what people do not realize is that they are 4th in the league in rushing ATT/G (32.4) and only 14th in the league in passing ATT/G (34.1). it probably appears to be lopsided because of all the completion they make

Maybe we could all chip in a buck and get him a decent coaching jacket and a new haircut cuz I cant stanz that fleshdance shirt no more! :D