[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This nation defeated the Nazis, Imperial Japan and Fascist Italy in 4 yrs.

Front Row

What is so different about us 63 yrs. later ?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. America & our " leaders" are..

• fat ,comfortable and uncaring
    • uninformed/misinformed
    • just doesn't believe in the seriousness of the threat
    • pacifist/pussified
    • self destructive/suicidal
    • facing the threat to the best of our abilities
    • a bully/LEO of the world
    • waiting to be hit again, before it is serious
    • not intelligent enough to see the threat
    • Puddy
  2. 2. There will be another islamic extremist attack on our soil...

• this winter
    • sometime before the next presidential election
    • never again
    • at least 2 years or more
    • Puddy

I don't believe terrorists are scared of republicans. What are they afraid of... if they attack again, we'll invade Brazil?

I tell you what they'd be scared of... hunting them down and killing them where they stood immediately after an attack.

Who do you think is most likely to attack a terrorist country, Hillary or most of the repub candidates?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think is most likely to attack a terrorist country, Hillary or most of the repub candidates?

I have a better question... if you attack a "terrorist country", does that defeat terrorism?

Which terrorist country should we attack first? The 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Do we attack our ally? Maybe we should attack Pakistan because we suspect that's where Al Qaeda's leaders are. Should we attack that ally?

I still think that your logic on this concept is fundamentally flawed. If you want war with Iran... say that you want war with Iran. It's not going to stop terrorism any more than attacking Iraq stopped terrorism.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I still think that your logic on this concept is fundamentally flawed. If you want war with Iran... say that you want war with Iran. It's not going to stop terrorism any more than attacking Iraq stopped terrorism.

Bingo. The fundamental difference that some don't get is that terrorism is a non-national concept, a means to an end, while WW2 involved nation states going to war over things like raw materials and "lebensraum".

Bingo. The fundamental difference that some don't get is that terrorism is a non-national concept, a means to an end, while WW2 involved nation states going to war over things like raw materials and "lebensraum".

Me thinks its national, terrorists from multiple nations that want to form they're own nation in they're own imagine for reasons of they're own choosing.

I have a better question... if you attack a "terrorist country", does that defeat terrorism?

Which terrorist country should we attack first? The 9/11 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Do we attack our ally? Maybe we should attack Pakistan because we suspect that's where Al Qaeda's leaders are. Should we attack that ally?

I define terrorist countries as those who openly harbor and fund terrorists. I believe that is about all we can do short of massive nuclear attacks to exterminate all possible enemies. I think we should erase Iran. I have no problem with doing the same to N. Korea either. Frankly if a country is our enemy the should be eliminated.

As for attacking those who attack us, most Americans do not have the stomach to do what is necessary to keep them at bay.

I define terrorist countries as those who openly harbor and fund terrorists. I believe that is about all we can do short of massive nuclear attacks to exterminate all possible enemies. I think we should erase Iran. I have no problem with doing the same to N. Korea either. Frankly if a country is our enemy the should be eliminated.

As for attacking those who attack us, most Americans do not have the stomach to do what is necessary to keep them at bay.

I agree that the only military solution is nuclear devastation. That's what I meant when I said that the only way to stop terrorism is massive genocide. It's scary that your second paragraph seems to endorse that concept.

I think there are other solutions besides military ones. This administration has been utterly incapable of diplomacy, even on US soil, never mind outside our borders. Before we nuke the whole middle east, I hope we give marginally competent leadership a shot first.

On the first I voted fat ,comfortable and uncaring.

On the second I did not have a good choice. I believe the ragheads will attack after the nest election if the democrats get in power. They will not attack before then and help the gop to get in office. The only thing I can tell you is, terrorists would rather see democrats in office.

Source?

I actually think Iran may be closer to change than some other Islamic states...they have a relatively young populace that seem to have some idea of what is going on in the outside world and they want more, from what I understand. You get that crackpot of a leader they have, things could turn around there for the good quickly.

I actually think Iran may be closer to change than some other Islamic states...they have a relatively young populace that seem to have some idea of what is going on in the outside world and they want more, from what I understand. You get that crackpot of a leader they have, things could turn around there for the good quickly.

IIRC there was a feeling that Iran's young people would open up the country.

However, their current pres (or PM or whatever he is) is just a puppet of the mullahs. And they made it a point to crack down on the Westernization of the country. But I think that there's an undercurrent still there, and the people who want freedom are just waiting for the old coots to die off.