[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Herm Edwards

The Stoner

You guys crack me up. That was definately a bone head play by Herm no doubt but should he get fired? Hell no. He obviously has no confidence in his kicker and went for the win. Plus, the running game was working well. This team just isn't that good period. LJ is down and they need a real QB. I don't think Croyle is franchise material. Seriously Chief fans this team had 6-10 or 7-9 written all over it before the season even started so pipe down.

The Chiefs did go to the playoffs last year which was a miracle in itself. Maybe they can bring back Vermeil? That certainly didn't work too well.....

So previous suckatude makes it OK to retain an incompetant coach? Oh yeah, you are a Miami fan.

The thing that got me annoyed was that Edwards went to a franchise I liked. The Chiefs and Jets are why the NFL merged with the AFL and we now have the NFL as it is today. I've liked the Chiefs since Supe III. Now I find myself rooting against them because this guy is such an incompetant lying piece of bottom feeding pond scum.... he doesn't kick for the tie, then cuts the kicker. He screwed a FG kicker in NY, and threw him under the bus too, but St Herm can NEVER admit to a mistake.... it's always someone else's fault. Next he will fire Solari. Solari runs the offense Hermie wants, but he will take the blame, and go under the bus too.

What really irks me is his preacher BS.... anyone that talks about being honest as much as this character does is invariably, a world class liar. All HC's have to lie.... just don't keep telling me you aren't lying, and then tell the world the single most important value in your life is honesty. This guy is as low as low lifes can be. He makes the 700 Club look like an honest operation. Edwards has littered the streets with bodies he's run over in his bus. Next thing he'll say is "Well those people should be more careful when they walk on the sidewalk, these here buses aren't easy to steer!"

So previous suckatude makes it OK to retain an incompetant coach? Oh yeah, you are a Miami fan.

The thing that got me annoyed was that Edwards went to a franchise I liked. The Chiefs and Jets are why the NFL merged with the AFL and we now have the NFL as it is today. I've liked the Chiefs since Supe III. Now I find myself rooting against them because this guy is such an incompetant lying piece of bottom feeding pond scum.... he doesn't kick for the tie, then cuts the kicker. He screwed a FG kicker in NY, and threw him under the bus too, but St Herm can NEVER admit to a mistake.... it's always someone else's fault. Next he will fire Solari. Solari runs the offense Hermie wants, but he will take the blame, and go under the bus too.

What really irks me is his preacher BS.... anyone that talks about being honest as much as this character does is invariably, a world class liar. All HC's have to lie.... just don't keep telling me you aren't lying, and then tell the world the single most important value in your life is honesty. This guy is as low as low lifes can be. He makes the 700 Club look like an honest operation. Edwards has littered the streets with bodies he's run over in his bus. Next thing he'll say is "Well those people should be more careful when they walk on the sidewalk, these here buses aren't easy to steer!"

You sour jet fans crack me up. You make Herm out to be the devil himself. Get over it and admit he was good for the organization. You went to the playoffs often and had competitive teams. On the other hand, I'm sure you're happy with the so called "upgrade" with Mangini at 2-9 on the season.

You sour jet fans crack me up. You make Herm out to be the devil himself. Get over it and admit he was good for the organization. You went to the playoffs often and had competitive teams. On the other hand, I'm sure you're happy with the so called "upgrade" with Mangini at 2-9 on the season.

The same Mangini that took a team with very little talent to the playoffs last year?

Herm Edwards sucks as a head coach, it's really quite simple.

Guys.....don't sit here and let the Fish Freak :D and ROYALWITCHEESE :D tell you how good a head coach Herman Edwards is. I mean....they know cause their franchises have done so much better recently that they have all the focus to come in and blame the players and talent level on the Jets and Chiefs....it certainly could have nothing to do with the HEAD coach who consistently throws people under the bus. Of course Hermie is a good coach...his record shows it

Career regular season record: 52 - 55 - 0 (0.486)

Career postseason record: 2 - 4

His record is getting worse every week. His gameplanning and game management is TERRIBLE!

Vermeil was not the reason the Chiefs didn't succeed...it was Carl Peterson not letting Gun bring in the talent he wanted and needed. Carl and Herman will be the reason the franchise continues to be medicore. They can both draft some good players but what difference does it make if you can't coach them........TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Guys.....don't sit here and let the Fish Freak :D and ROYALWITCHEESE :D tell you how good a head coach Herman Edwards is. I mean....they know cause their franchises have done so much better recently that they have all the focus to come in and blame the players and talent level on the Jets and Chiefs....it certainly could have nothing to do with the HEAD coach who consistently throws people under the bus. Of course Hermie is a good coach...his record shows it

Career regular season record: 52 - 55 - 0 (0.486)

Career postseason record: 2 - 4

His record is getting worse every week. His gameplanning and game management is TERRIBLE!

Vermeil was not the reason the Chiefs didn't succeed...it was Carl Peterson not letting Gun bring in the talent he wanted and needed. Carl and Herman will be the reason the franchise continues to be medicore. They can both draft some good players but what difference does it make if you can't coach them........TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

I never said Herm was a good coach. He's just not awful either. He's about average. I just don't know why some people are obsessed with bashing him. By NFL coaching standards he's done ok. He lead the Jets to the playoffs a few times and took the Chiefs to the playoffs last year. Does that count for anything? Oh let me guess, he has nothing to do with the success of his teams but has everything to do with the failure of his teams. You guys really need to get a grip.

Horrible coaching jobs are teams like the Rams, Panthers, 49ers, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Bengals, etc. Those are the clowns you really need to focus on.

Horrible coaching jobs are teams like the Rams, Panthers, 49ers, Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, Bengals, etc. Those are the clowns you really need to focus on.

No see....they are my homer team....and I WILL focus on them. The team YOU need to focus on is th Phins......get it? :D

I never said Herm was a good coach. He's just not awful either. He's about average. I just don't know why some people are obsessed with bashing him. By NFL coaching standards he's done ok. He lead the Jets to the playoffs a few times and took the Chiefs to the playoffs last year. Does that count for anything? Oh let me guess, he has nothing to do with the success of his teams but has everything to do with the failure of his teams. You guys really need to get a grip.

Sure, tell me what to focus on. I can't stand herm the Werm, and I will always critisize him when he deserves it. This IS a thread about Edwards, not any of these other coaches that you would apparently prefer to talk about.... so go start a thread. Edwards played Martin on a bad knee, after how many times he swore he would never play an injured player if it would put him at risk. He later admitted he NEVER should have "let him play with torn ligaments in his knee." He also reinserted Pennington back into a game where he had already ripped his surgically repaired shoulder up again!

HIS decision to take a knee against Pitt in a playoff game took his FG kicker out of his range, and he cost the Jets a chance to win... then blamed the kicker for the loss. He continues to do this sort on crap in KC. At home, game on the line, you kick the 40 yard FG, even if the kicker already missed from 33 earlier. THEN, if he misses, fine, cut him. But oh no, Hermie doesn't give him a chance to redeem himself like any other coach would, he goes for it, missed, and then cuts the kicker anyway. Herm had to find someone else to blame, so he blamed the kicker for a kick he was never given the chance to make. BTW, Edwards never brought anyone in to compete with Rayner, another hugh mistake.

Maybe you missed the embarrassment the Colts put on the Chiefs in that playoff appearance? You know, the one where the Chiefs didn't get a first down in the first half? You call that average? Well, with the Phins going 0-16 this year, I suppose it's all relative. I'd be happy to talk about Mangini.... go start a thread.

Sure, tell me what to focus on. I can't stand herm the Werm, and I will always critisize him when he deserves it. This IS a thread about Edwards, not any of these other coaches that you would apparently prefer to talk about.... so go start a thread. Edwards played Martin on a bad knee, after how many times he swore he would never play an injured player if it would put him at risk. He later admitted he NEVER should have "let him play with torn ligaments in his knee." He also reinserted Pennington back into a game where he had already ripped his surgically repaired shoulder up again!

HIS decision to take a knee against Pitt in a playoff game took his FG kicker out of his range, and he cost the Jets a chance to win... then blamed the kicker for the loss. He continues to do this sort on crap in KC. At home, game on the line, you kick the 40 yard FG, even if the kicker already missed from 33 earlier. THEN, if he misses, fine, cut him. But oh no, Hermie doesn't give him a chance to redeem himself like any other coach would, he goes for it, missed, and then cuts the kicker anyway. Herm had to find someone else to blame, so he blamed the kicker for a kick he was never given the chance to make. BTW, Edwards never brought anyone in to compete with Rayner, another hugh mistake.

Maybe you missed the embarrassment the Colts put on the Chiefs in that playoff appearance? You know, the one where the Chiefs didn't get a first down in the first half? You call that average? Well, with the Phins going 0-16 this year, I suppose it's all relative. I'd be happy to talk about Mangini.... go start a thread.

You clearly have a crush on Herm and something terrible happened. You're entitled to your opinion. Just don't bring that buster Mangini into the conversation. He's not worth a thread anyway.

You clearly have a crush on Herm and something terrible happened. You're entitled to your opinion. Just don't bring that buster Mangini into the conversation. He's not worth a thread anyway.

Didn't get through the language filter, eh? LMAO... oh, and you were the one who brought up Mangini, buster.

. The Chiefs and Jets are why the NFL merged with the AFL and we now have the NFL as it is today.

The Jets had nothing to do with it, and Al Davis orchestrated it as the commish of the AFL:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=51

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

The Jets had nothing to do with it, and Al Davis orchestrated it as the commish of the AFL:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=51

Davis got the leverage after wins by the Chiefs and Jets proved that the two leagues were on equal footing from a competitive standpoint. If the NFL kept kicking the donkey out of the AFL teams, the merger if it ever happened, would have at least taken much longer to complete. These two teams gave the negotiating leverage Davis needed toget it done. Sure, the NFL was worried about losing some collge stars to the AFL, like Namath, but proving that the AFL belonged on the same field was the turning point.