[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walmart selling the wii for $250.00?

rajncajn

Side not on Guitar Hero. Guy at Bestbut told us that they had problems with the audio and are not even selling them right now for the Wii. We want to get ours for the Wii and not PS3 because it is wireless with the Wii and the Wii stays in the living room. PS3 does not.

the audio on guitar hero III for the wii is in mono, not surround sound. activision plans to replace the discs soon. here's a blog item on it:

http://kotaku.com/340415/wii-gh3-owners-pl...placement-discs

for what it's worth, i bought guitar hero III on wii for my 9-year-old cousin and his 13-year-old sister. they haven't complained. their dad even has a surround-sound system and i thought the game sounded fine.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Gamestop do this? We're at a little strip mall eating a quickie lunch and on the way back to the car, we pass a Gamestop that has 3 boxes of Wii on display with a price sticker of $249.99. I've been looking but not going out of my way and figure I'd grab one since I was there and they obviously had 3. I pick up an...empty box. What the hell?

That pisses me off.

Why does Gamestop do this? We're at a little strip mall eating a quickie lunch and on the way back to the car, we pass a Gamestop that has 3 boxes of Wii on display with a price sticker of $249.99. I've been looking but not going out of my way and figure I'd grab one since I was there and they obviously had 3. I pick up an...empty box. What the hell?

That pisses me off.

maybe it was not an empty box but maybe you are really , really strong :wacko:

That pisses me off.

We go to Gamestop pretty often. I know that for a lot of things like the NintendoDS, they put an empty box out but have the item in the back of the store. I am thinking that if they had the empty box then they have the system someplace. I guess they do this to cut down on theft but Gamestop does it a lot.

We go to Gamestop pretty often. I know that for a lot of things like the NintendoDS, they put an empty box out but have the item in the back of the store. I am thinking that if they had the empty box then they have the system someplace. I guess they do this to cut down on theft but Gamestop does it a lot.

Nope, that is their general display whether they have any or not. I know because I visited multiple Gamestop's on a daily basis before Christmas. :wacko:

I asked the guy behind the counter if they had one. He pretty much said, "whitey please!".

Oh, and they had 2 boxes wth sign on it that said "Used Wii - $229" beside the 3 new ones. Nope, didn't have either. I should kill 'em for false advertising.

• 2 months later...

One more call out to anyone that does not have the Wii but wants it. My Costco has a very limited supply right now but it is a package deal.

comes with and extra nun chuck, the sports game, normal wii game, a second controller, and Super Mario Galaxy game.

They also had the NintendoDS in Black. I think that was 159.99 with Mario Party.

One more call out to anyone that does not have the Wii but wants it. My Costco has a very limited supply right now but it is a package deal.

comes with and extra nun chuck, the sports game, normal wii game, a second controller, and Super Mario Galaxy game.

That's actually a good deal. I really wanted to find the $250 model, but right after I bought it, I dropped about $175 in accessories and games. And Galaxy is pretty good.

That's actually a good deal. I really wanted to find the $250 model, but right after I bought it, I dropped about $175 in accessories and games. And Galaxy is pretty good.

You are right. Mario Galaxy is a good game, plus the controller, the nun chuck, and the second sports game and you easily save a few dollars over buying them all seperately.

Skippy, what's the shipping to 23083? :wacko:

I have not shipped anything in a very long time. I would not know that until I went to the UPS store or whatever. Unless you know an online way to check it.

Okay, I just checked the UPS website and it looks like this assuming the total package is about 5 pounds.

UPS Next Day Air®

Billable Weight: 5.0 lbs.

1 By End of Day

Monday

March 31, 2008 39.58 USD*

UPS 2nd Day Air®

Billable Weight: 5.0 lbs.

2 By End of Day

Tuesday

April 1, 2008 17.66 USD*

Edited by Skippy

$18 shipping? Let's do this. I have to transfer money over to Paypal or I can just send you a check so PM me and let's get this. A co-worker finally grabbed one at Target but had to get into some lottery thing before the store even opened. F that if you can just grab one. You da man, Skippy!

• 2 weeks later...